S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2136 (Eclipse)

Class – Sky Suite

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – n/a, suite

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Noise was terrible from the Oceanview Café above at all hours. Almost every night I ended up complaining about 3AM when the vacuuming and moving of tables was so loud. One evening I ended up going upstairs at 2AM and asked that they try to keep the noise down.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Directly under a large overhang. I would have preferred to see more sky.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? – Balcony was oversized because this is an accessible suite (assigned to me by Celebrity, not requested.)

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? The noise was a real issue. Constant. I will never book a cabin under a common area again.

Deck - 3

Cabin # - 3111

Class – 8

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – What balcony?

Quiet Cabin? Are you kidding? The motivation for posting this entry is to warn future passengers; this room is UNDER THE QUASAR LOUNGE. Every night you will be subjected to SUBWOOFER THUMPING for TECHNO MUSIC until roughly 2 AM. (One night it went until 2:45 am) :eek:

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 1674 (Silhouette)

Class – C1 Concierge

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Mostly quiet. The last two nights we began to hear a low level noise, sort of like a cart rolling. We couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Not that big an issue though.

Balcony View - Aft, so view was great. However we couldn't use the balcony every day due to issues. 1st: the lock that keeps the divider closed wasn't set properly and the glass divider banged against the chair for 2 full days of this cruise. They said the lock was stuck and they needed a special tool to fix it. 2nd: the rails were shellaced and were weren't given notice. Didn't figure it out until I leaned up against the rail after getting dressed for dinner. I thought the yellow tape had been set up because of the broken divider. 3rd: halfway through we experienced LOTS of soot when the horn blew as we left a port. Not sure why this happened on this one day, but the soot was never properly cleaned up for the remainder of the trip.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? – normal sized, but felt small since there were oversized balconies on both sides of ours.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? YES! See above

Any specific problems with this cabin? Everything else about the cabin was fine. Celebrity really needs to deal with the soot issue. It's unacceptable that the balcony was not fully cleaned the day after the soot appeared. We saw in previous posts that some people thought the aft cabins were very far from the elevators. Although we had to walk further than usual, we appreciated the forced after dinner walk. :-)

Edited by kathynorth

Attach is the latest update, in 3 parts due to the file size.

Please email me if you would like an Excel version.

If you notice any errors, please let me know so they can be corrected in the next update.

Hi Sandi,

I sent an email requesting a copy of your excel document.

Thanks so much for your work on this!!

Monica

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1527

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side -

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – good view, no problems

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? no problems at all

Any other comments? would book it again

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1032

Class – Cat 9 Inside

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – n/a

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – n/a

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - n/a

Was wind a problem? n/a

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? very quiet, was concerned with location next to crew elevators (especially last night for luggage) and room attendant locker right outside the door but it was actually really good. Would book it again.

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8162

Class – 1A

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet, not connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no view forward unless I leaned out (not recommended) otherwise great.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized, on the fwd hump

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? none

Any other comments? would book it again

Deck -- 10

Cabin # -- 1231

Class -- C2

Starboard or Port Side -- Port

Bed near -- balcony

Quiet cabin -- extremely quiet, never heard a peep

Balcony view -- out and forward

Balcony size -- huge (see pic below) -- this cabin is on the forward slant of the hump (there's a suite to its aft, so there are three cabins on this slant on deck 10; on a deck with 4 balcony cabins on this slant, this one would be the third off the hump)

Was wind a problem? -- it was windy standing at the balcony rail; we were on a TA in April, so we didn't sit out on the balcony that much anyway; but it was a great balcony

Any specific problems? --several nights into the crossing, something in the ceiling starting creaking and got louder; it was not the normal creaking noise of a ship. We called maintenance and they worked on it; the sound stopped for a few days, then came back but not as loudly as before

Any other comments? -- GREAT location; very near the main (aft) elevators (NO noise) and extremely easy to get around the ship from there

Here are some pics:

EclipseTA028_01.jpg

EclipseTA033_01.jpg

EclipseTA037_01.jpg

EclipseTA040_01.jpg

EclipseTA044_01.jpg

(photos by turtles06)

Cabin # -8342

Class – SV

Starboard or Port Side - AFT

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Generally so but could hear people talking on balcony next door and above

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great views

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - One of the smaller ones in SV category. Only about 10-15% of balcony is covered so can hear all conversations around you and little protection from elements

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Yes it was an issue.....nothing like enjoying a drink on balcony and you see several pieces of soot in your drink.....

Any specific problems with this cabin? Only ones noted

Any other comments? Enjoyed it mostly but would probably not do it again. We enjoyed the long walk to the steps but some people might not like that

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1253

Class – C3

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet - does connect

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – good

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal with 2 lounge chairs/footstools and table

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? none

Any other comments? Great Location - not far from Aft Elevator/stairs - Quiet - Would book again

Edited by texkan

Ship - Equinox

Deck -11

Cabin - 1607

Class - RS

Starboard or Port - Port

Bed near? - Not applicable, this is a RS with separate bedroom, bed is very near floor to ceiling window (not door) to balcony area.

Quiet cabin? - Very quiet, I occasionally heard faint noise from above in early monings, ON THE VERANDA, not in the room. Music at sailaway times can be heard on veranda, otherwise very quiet.

View- Wonderful, on the hump have clear view out, fore, aft and down.

Balcony size - oversized, huge, width of living room and bedroom with jacuzzi tub in front of bedroom area. Table, two chairs and a padded lounger.

Problems? - NONE, wonderful stateroom, 1/2 bath off living area is great, just a marvelous suite, too bad we can't always book it!

Comments- Great location, just off the elevators, there is NO downside to this stateroom that I can think of. Rainfall shower head - marvelous!!

Edited by Gracie115

Deck -- 9

Cabin # 9249

Class -- C3

Starboard or Port Side -- Port

Bed near bath

Balcony View--clear to the AFT...could not see forward but

that is ok with me. Very port intensive cruise and rarely used

my balcony.

Good cabin location, near the elevators but also very quiet.

This was on Equinox.....fantastic crew and both cabin attendants

were excellent......Seymour and John.

Ship - Equinox

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1239

Class – RS

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near? (balcony or bath) – N/A; there is a separate bedroom in RS so bed is literally between the main bath and the wall of windows along the veranda

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – extremely quiet inside but of course could hear noise on the veranda (people talking, veranda chairs/tables scraping when being moved, etc.); almost no traffic in this little section on Deck 10 as people generally walked on the other side of the wall where the elevator bank is

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – smack dab in the middle of the hump so a perfect view, no obstructions in any direction

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for S class RS; in general, quite wide but not overly deep (runs the entire width of the suite); jetted tub sits in front of bedroom windows and is big enough for two people; never ran out of hot water; table with 2 chairs, very comfy padded chaise with low side table next to it

Was wind a problem? Only when they had the pedal to the metal

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? had the occasional "sewer" smell in the main bathroom but we've encountered that on many ships so you just learn to live with it; once or twice when we were in port, we got a whiff of cigarette smoke from the port side smoking area on Deck 5.

Any other comments? absolutely perfect location, close to mid-ship elevators, highly recommend treating yourself if you can find a deal

Deck - 3 Cabin # - 3156 Class – 12

Starboard Side Bed near- Interior Wall

Quiet Cabin VERY QUIET, NEVER ANY NOISE, LITTLE TRAFFIC

Balcony Size N/A Wind a problem? N/A Aft Cabin soot N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? Absolutely None!

Any other comments? As a late sleeper I only want an inside. This was PERFECT! 15 seconds to Passport bar/central lobby. Less than 2 minutes to theatre, martini bar and MDR. GREAT! Will book same/nearby location whenever on Solstice class:)

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2150

Class – Sky Suite 2

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not the quietest but ok. Noise from the chairs being moved across the wooden floor above in the outside of the Oceanview cafe. Mainly first thing in the morning and before sailaways. Not a huge issue for us but could be annoying if it's a busy sailing and you like quiet mornings.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. No

Any other comments? We were initially concerned about the overhang obstructing the sun but we found we got the sun in the mornings and late afternoons/early evenings which was perfect and still a very hot sun at those times of day.

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2150

Class – Sky Suite 2

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not the quietest but ok. Noise from the chairs being moved across the wooden floor above in the outside of the Oceanview cafe. Mainly first thing in the morning and before sailaways. Not a huge issue for us but could be annoying if it's a busy sailing and you like quiet mornings.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Fantastic. Overlooking the balconies on all decks below and the wake.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for S2. 1.5 times normal balcony.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? We were initially concerned about the overhang obstructing the sun but we found we got the sun in the mornings and late afternoons/early evenings which was perfect and still a very hot sun at those times of day.

Attach is the latest update, in 3 parts due to the file size.

Please email me if you would like an Excel version.

If you notice any errors, please let me know so they can be corrected in the next update.

Sandi, I was searching cabins on Silhoutte....If I see an error....

did you want a personal email? Or here...I know this is not for

cabin questions but what about errors?

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1620

Class – Celebrity Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard side

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – NA

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –This cabin is after the "hump" so forward view was slightly limite

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal (but huge compared to a "regular" cabin)

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? no problems at all

Any other comments? I don't know if I would pay for this class, but it was nice to have. The two doors to the bathroom were especially nice.

Deck 8

Cabin 8218

Class 1C

Starboard side

Bed near bathroom

Quiet room -does not connect.

Balcony - normal size and not obstructed.

Conveniently near aft stairs/elevators but no noise from the area.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1544 (on Equinox)

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side - Starbord

Bed near? (balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems) – NO! (see comments)

Balcony View - Great view, no obstruction.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? We booked this cabin on the Equinox after reading other reviews here that it was quiet; however, that was not our experience at all. We heard intermittent stomping, and I mean "shake the walls" stomping that prompted us to call guest relations on our first sea day after being woken up at 6:00 AM from the stomping above (we referred to it as "The Stomping Olympics"). Twice we had Celebrity staff come up to our cabin when the stomping was at its worst (@ their request, after we complained) and they were both surprised & confused. After calling 3x, they ended up giving us ear-plugs. We aren't big complainers and can sleep through a lot (in fact, we slept with windows open in the middle of Rome because I liked hearing the street noise!) - but the stomping was morning, noon and night and it truthfully shook the walls. They thought it was from the hallway/door leading to the indoor pool from the hair salon hallway that was directly above our cabin, so they couldn't do anything about it. We were never able to sleep in and the stomping didn't seem to end until midnight or so. No noise from the elevator bay that was directly outside our room, and we liked having the elevator so close! Long walk to restaurants/bars, but that was fine, as we always needed exercise after eating. I would never book this cabin again due to the stomping - even though we loved the location.

Edited by lunula

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6315 (on Silhouette)

Class – SV

Starboard or Port Side - Sunset Veranda (SV)

Bed near? (balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems) – NO

Balcony View - incredible view, no obstruction.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? YES

Constant vibration from propellers while underway at slow speeds-it vibrates everything in the room and we found it difficult to sleep. At high speeds it's fine. Soot was a real problem most days, worse when it rained. Despite the great view, we won't book a SV again.

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7264 (on Silhouette)

Class – 1A

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near? (balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems) – NO

Balcony View - First off the hump to the front so great views to the front of the ship

Balcony Size? Huge oversized balcony - at least 12' deep.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Fabulous location, near lifts and right by Hideaway, with the coffee and tea facilities. It was like having our own private coffee machine for early morning and late evening drinks. Would recommend this cabin to anyone.