Pipedreams62 Live Aboard The Maasdam

pipedreams62

Jay,

I am glad you are feeling better. Have you used the internet? I would like to sign up but after last week's experience on the Veendam, I am not sure I will. It was WAY SLOW, unlike the last time I was on the Maasdam (2005).

Everybody... well it was another car rental tour today. We drove to fort Louisburg and spent the day. What can I say other than fantastic. It's easy to spend the day there. The weather is beautiful and should be the same tomorrow. We are taking another scenic drive out to Anne of green Gables. (I just love beating the tour buses to all the attractions)

I see the barf fest is still living wow. Anyway the cruise is fantastic and yes we ate in the dining room on embarkation day. This cruise is like living in a beautiful painting.

Goodnight all

I will check it out on my upcoming cruises. I always prefer the dining room at lunch. Lido is always so busy.

OP has posted twice that the dining room was open for lunch on embarkation day on his cruise. YMMV.

Pipedreams, I'm glad you are feeling better and you have been having great weather lately. I admire your ability to rent cars and see the sights on your own. I tried renting cars in port twice and we were so delayed getting our cars that we felt it wasn't worth it. We used Enterprise both times.

Dec. 2008 we sailed on Oosterdam Mex. Riv. round trip San Diego and dining room was open for lunch on embarkation day.

Everybody... well it was another car rental tour today. We drove to fort Louisburg and spent the day. What can I say other than fantastic. It's easy to spend the day there. The weather is beautiful and should be the same tomorrow. We are taking another scenic drive out to Anne of green Gables. (I just love beating the tour buses to all the attractions)

I see the barf fest is still living wow. Anyway the cruise is fantastic and yes we ate in the dining room on embarkation day. This cruise is like living in a beautiful painting.

Goodnight all

Enjoy your day in PEI-----so glad you are enjoying our little corner of the world. Living here in the Maritimes, we take all the wonderful scenery for granted but every so often I stop to appreciate what we have in natural beauty and a quiet, laid back way of life.

Hey Jay.... :D

Hi from Internet Cafe on board. (Not using my Acer at the moment :) but ship's computer.)

We're having an amazing time this week and are looking forward to Quebec, Montreal and starting all over again. Happy you are also having a GREAT time.

Gorgeous weather, wonderful food, Maasdam's incredible crew, fun Mariner's Luncheon today...... What more could any of us want? Ship Looks Terrific.

Life on Maasdam is good!

Happy to hear you are feeling better.

Hi from Internet Cafe on board. (Not using my Acer at the moment :) but ship's computer.)

We're having an amazing time this week and are looking forward to Quebec, Montreal and starting all over again. Happy you are also having a GREAT time.

Gorgeous weather, wonderful food, Maasdam's incredible crew, fun Mariner's Luncheon today...... What more could any of us want? Ship Looks Terrific.

Life on Maasdam is good!

Happy to hear you are feeling better.

Hi! Well I'm glad you and DH are having another great time on the Maasdam. Wouldn't you know it after my last post about not doing the "suite" thing this time, guess what -- we are doing the "suite" thing in July. Whoo hoo! Of course, Susan and I will be spoiled for life -- take good care of the big "M" until we arrive!

Last December on the Noordam they were actually guiding passengers who had canes, walkers, wheelchairs and the such to the dining room as they came onto the ship. We went too and it was so peaceful. True there wasn't the big assortment but it did just fine. We asked one other time when boarding on a Vista ship and they said "no" but it was open. So one never knows. Does it depend on the crowd, the average age of passengers or the manager? or the moon?:p

Last December on the Noordam they were actually guiding passengers who had canes, walkers, wheelchairs and the such to the dining room as they came onto the ship. We went too and it was so peaceful. True there wasn't the big assortment but it did just fine. We asked one other time when boarding on a Vista ship and they said "no" but it was open. So one never knows. Does it depend on the crowd, the average age of passengers or the manager? or the moon?:p

I'm beginning to wonder what it depends on too!

Thanks again goes out to Pipedreams62 for his great reports from the Maasdam. Hopefully, you're feeling better now & wishing you a wonderful cruise. I look forward to reading your posts, especially about the ports...we are also renting cars & doing our own "tours" on the Maasdam in July. :)

Just returned from a Montreal-Boston June 6-13 cruise on the Maasdam. First time on HAL, and everything onboard - well nearly everything - was great. Trayless food handling at the Lido worked excellently.

Now, as for the entertainment in the Rembrandt lounge . . . it was "OK". The downside was the singing and dancing show by a troupe of about twelve. Their dancing was OK but their singing wasn't.

The upside was a singer-pianist and a comedian-juggler. That's really why I'm writing. I've forgotten their names!

- One was a male singer-pianist, born in Wales but a long-time U.S. resident, who has appeared before Presidents, etc. Had a band of seven behind him. Powerful tenor.

- The other was a male comedian-juggler, etc., who also did a great job balncing on top of a ladder.

Would be most happy if someone could provide me their names. Thanks!

I am sure you are settled in and enjoying your first port stop of Bar Harbor. It looks a bit dark and gloomy at 1 PM :o

Camera1.jpg

Hopefully you get to meet Sail7Seas :)

DH and I were at the ding room door last night aned Jay came and said hello. I was delighted to meet him and was happy he introduced himself. We met again later at Explorations Cafe. Was wonderful fun meeting them both.

Just returned from a Montreal-Boston June 6-13 cruise on the Maasdam. First time on HAL, and everything onboard - well nearly everything - was great. Trayless food handling at the Lido worked excellently.

Now, as for the entertainment in the Rembrandt lounge . . . it was "OK". The downside was the singing and dancing show by a troupe of about twelve. Their dancing was OK but their singing wasn't.

The upside was a singer-pianist and a comedian-juggler. That's really why I'm writing. I've forgotten their names!

- One was a male singer-pianist, born in Wales but a long-time U.S. resident, who has appeared before Presidents, etc. Had a band of seven behind him. Powerful tenor.

- The other was a male comedian-juggler, etc., who also did a great job balncing on top of a ladder.

Would be most happy if someone could provide me their names. Thanks!

We are currently aboard Maasdam but have not been to any shows.

Without pouring through all the programs, I hope the name you are looking for is Jamie Allan.

Sail, it's good to know the Maasdam is in good shape, I will be on it in a few weeks.

How is the internet speed when out to sea? The Veendam's worked ok in port, but was terrible when sailing.

DH and I were at the ding room door last night aned Jay came and said hello. I was delighted to meet him and was happy he introduced himself. We met again later at Explorations Cafe. Was wonderful fun meeting them both.

Sail that is great :) I know you are having a wonderful time as you always do on the Maasdam :D Lucky you you still have one more week :)

How is the internet speed when out to sea? The Veendam's worked ok in port, but was terrible when sailing.

Where you are going you will find it very slow, and may even lose internet service at times. The very northern latitudes have weak (at best) service. Above the Arctic Circle there should be no service.

Good Morning all- Well I just had my last meal of eggs benedict in the dining room. I'm already getting that sick feeling in my stomach. They will soon call my luggage tag color over the PA system and the trip will be over.:(

This is going to be a severe case of post cruise depression I can already feel it coming on.

This was the the most friendly and wonderful ship I have ever been on PERIOD. I can't rave enough about this ship and it's crew. My live report was weak but I promise to make it up with a detailed solid review.

It was a pleasure meeting Sail7seas the other night. I can certainly see why she loves this ship so much.

Whoever is coming aboard the Maasadam soon is going to have a wonderful time on a beautiful ship,with the friendliest crew on the high seas.

We're going to stay in Montreal for a couple of days and then fly home. just wanted to pop in for a moment. It's now time to resume our regular scheduled programing "Barf Fest"

Archived