How far in advance does Oceania tell you your flights

stipmom

when you take their "free air".?

Generally, no cruise line tells you until after your "final payment"...doesn't make a lot of sense to work out flight schedules for a lot of folks who aren't going to be there...

You will likely hear from them around 8 weeks out...they're not sadists either. But, if you absolutely have to know early, the best thing to do is to request a deviation...It will cost you a little money...but you can either pick your own precise flights or just pick the dates you want to get there and get back and let them do the rest...But you can do that well in advance and know your flights then, rather than to wait...

But, if you want to save the deviation fees and costs and the dates and time tyou arrive doesn't matter to you, then just be patient and you'll find out soon enough...

Of course, the other option (what we did this time) is to opt out of "free air" entirely...it is not really "free"...You get an air "credit" plus a credit for all of the air related fees and taxes...In our case, that came out to a whopping $1429 oper person total ($950 air credit and $479 in air related fees and taxes)...Then take that savings and book your own air...

Depends on when you book.

Usually if you book after final payment date you can get your flight info then or if you pay the deviation fee as stated above (220 days out) you can get the details at that time.

I needed to know the dates and times of air travel sooner than eight weeks before the cruise because I wanted to know exactly how much time we would have on both ends of the cruise; I planned to add on additional travel at both ends. I learned from my TA as Steve said that I could not do so without paying a deviation. I had to pay one anyway since I am in fact deviating, but fortunately, it was minimal and, there was no difference in air fare, which I would also have had to pay. I further was insistent on knowing my seat assignments; I would not fly all the way to Europe direct from Alaska in a middle seat, and business class was not feasible as it only applied over water, and in my case, we would only be over water less than half the time, so as a practical matter, I bagged that idea, not to mention the additional cost. At least Anchorage is [only] a $199 add on to the gateway city of Seattle. On another more upscale cruise line, it is not, and I am having to buy my own round trip ticket to Seattle to catch the line's "free" first class flight to the embarkation port(and return). I still can't make it in one day so I am having to overnight at the embarkation port, but my TA badgered the line into paying for a hotel there for me.

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I've been searching through the threads on this for O and, reading other posters' comments from other threads, can't really find a concrete answer to the question asked in the original post.

Not talking about deviations, when does Oceania let you know what your air itinerary for your included air is (not when the air is actually ticketed, which is seems to be a consensus 30 days out)?

• Some have said 90 days out
  • Some have said 75 days out
  • Some have said after full payment has been made, but this is ambiguous because it could be:
    • as far out as say 270 days ;) or
    • as close in as 30 days (which isn't really helpful then), or
    • 90 days out or
    • 75 days out.

[*]Some have said after final payment date, so is this the same as 90 days out and if so why use that term?

Thanks for any clarification on this!

Cannot help with when you find out the flight details as we do the deviation but even with that they do not ticket until about 30 days out

If you want to upgrade seats have read here that you can request to get them to ticket earlier but have no personal experience with that

Hi,

I've been searching through the threads on this for O and, reading other posters' comments from other threads, can't really find a concrete answer to the question asked in the original post.

Not talking about deviations, when does Oceania let you know what your air itinerary for your included air is (not when the air is actually ticketed, which is seems to be a consensus 30 days out)?

• Some have said 90 days out
  • Some have said 75 days out
  • Some have said after full payment has been made, but this is ambiguous because it could be:
    • as far out as say 270 days ;) or
    • as close in as 30 days (which isn't really helpful then), or
    • 90 days out or
    • 75 days out.

[*]Some have said after final payment date, so is this the same as 90 days out and if so why use that term?

Thanks for any clarification on this!

Your questions are all l over the place on this, but your biggest confusion seems to center on the Air Policy as it pertains to the Final Payment.

In the simplest terms possible, once the Cruise has been paid for in full, Oceania will allocate the Flights at the Passengers' discretion (within that 270 day window), although getting the tickets purchased earlier than 90 days before sailing may trigger a deviation fee.

When the Final Payment is made at the "normal" 90 day marker, Oceania has allowed itself a window of 15 days, running from 90 to 75 days prior to sailing, for the Air Arrangements to be settled.

Jim you are almost right..it is 75 days exactly before you are ticketed..and receive "confirmed" infprmation..unless you want to pay for a deviation and the $300 is non-refundable, then you can be ticketed 90 days out..if you pay for a deviation AND make your final payment early, you can get your air schedule any time..

Jancruz1

Jim you are almost right..it is 75 days exactly before you are ticketed..and receive "confirmed" infprmation..unless you want to pay for a deviation and the $300 is non-refundable, then you can be ticketed 90 days out..if you pay for a deviation AND make your final payment early, you can get your air schedule any time..

Jancruz1

Jan, I must be slipping because I thought that that I posted that same information....

Well, close enough for Government Work, anyway :rolleyes:

Of course, the other option (what we did this time) is to opt out of "free air" entirely...it is not really "free"...You get an air "credit" plus a credit for all of the air related fees and taxes...In our case, that came out to a whopping $1429 oper person total ($950 air credit and $479 in air related fees and taxes)...Then take that savings and book your own air...

So... I am a little confused.......do I have this straight, when they say they will give me $500 credit, it will actually end up being more than that because of the taxes and fees?

So... I am a little confused.......do I have this straight, when they say they will give me $500 credit, it will actually end up being more than that because of the taxes and fees?

That post was from back in 2009 when I believe the invoices separated out taxes and fees. Taxes and fees are now included in the cruise fare. If your air credit is $500 that is what you will receive, $500, nothing more.

Your questions are all l over the place on this, but your biggest confusion seems to center on the Air Policy as it pertains to the Final Payment.

In the simplest terms possible, once the Cruise has been paid for in full, Oceania will allocate the Flights at the Passengers' discretion (within that 270 day window), although getting the tickets purchased earlier than 90 days before sailing may trigger a deviation fee.

When the Final Payment is made at the "normal" 90 day marker, Oceania has allowed itself a window of 15 days, running from 90 to 75 days prior to sailing, for the Air Arrangements to be settled.

I don't know why you think my questions were all over the place. I actually only had one question:

The problem is that I was reading responses from other threads that suggested timelines all over the place, and yours didn't cement it any further as you basically say it`s any time between 90 days and 75 days out, not 75 days out, not 90 days out.

So people who want to know their schedule (in case they decide that the schedule isn't satisfactory and they want to make a deviation) should call at 90 days out and then every day until 75 days out which is the latest day that it will be made available.

Stark contrast to knowing one can make a deviation request exactly 270 days out.

Jancruz1

Now I am confused more than before

We always take the deviation

I pick my flights & unless the airline changes them after the fact I know them when I pay the deviation fee

I do not know when they ticketed them but it does not show up in my online account until around 30 days prior & my TA sends an email with the final invoice shortly afterwards

So if you pay the deviation fee & final payment should Oceania be ticketing you then or 30 days out???

Does it make any difference when they ticket you??

Maybe I should read this again in the morning after coffee :eek:

Lyn

Now I am confused more than before

We always take the deviation

I pick my flights & unless the airline changes them after the fact I know them when I pay the deviation fee

I do not know when they ticketed them but it does not show up in my online account until around 30 days prior & my TA sends an email with the final invoice shortly afterwards

So if you pay the deviation fee & final payment should Oceania be ticketing you then or 30 days out???

Does it make any difference when they ticket you??

Maybe I should read this again in the morning after coffee :eek:

Lyn

We paid for a deviation and upgrade on our forthcoming holiday. Due to changes in T&C we had to pay in full at 150 days.

As we wanted to ensure that our seats were acceptable (didn't want to be at back of cabin close to toilets) we asked (via TA) that O eticket us.

This they did and we were able to reserve our seats.

Really don't think this subject is too difficult.

If you don't deviate, your flights won't be known until 75 days out and will be ticketed at that point.

If you deviate, your flights will be known once you accept the deviation and the flights will be reserved and at that point Oceania should send you your booking number and you should be able to go to the airline website and choose/change your seats for some airlines, know United works this way and know that British Air won't allow economy to reserve seats until 24 hours prior to the flight. Other airlines are hit and miss for seats.

At the 75 day mark, the flights will be ticketed (paid for) and at that point you can upgrade if it is allowed for the fare paid. If you want the flight ticketed earlier for both Regent Air and Deviations, you need to make full payment early.

Hope this helps and answers most questions.

Once I get my booking number for the airline (usually AC) I just call them & book the seats I want ...I have no online access at that time

They do have seats that were arranged by either O or the airline at the time the flights are reserved

I understand that not all airlines that O uses allow this so it is not always as black & white

I just never needed to have O ticket me earlier so that is where my confusion lies ;)

Lyn

Once I get my booking number for the airline (usually AC) I just call them & book the seats I want ...I have no online access at that time

They do have seats that were arranged by either O or the airline at the time the flights are reserved

I understand that not all airlines that O uses allow this so it is not always as black & white

I just never needed to have O ticket me earlier so that is where my confusion lies ;)

Lyn

No need to be confused Lyn, you are spot on with what you do. For some reason, once I get the confirmation number, am able to put it into my frequent flyer account on United and get to by seats that way. It shows up without any other info and says the reservation will be cancelled at midnight if not paid for. And every day it reads the same for the next day. Evidently Regent is able to reserve but, not pay until the 75 day mark unlike the normal flyer who has to pay within 24 hours.

Not sure why the people need their actual ticket either but, guessing they think they need that to do anything and it may be true for some airlines. Airlines run their company differently so continue to do what you do and don't worry about the others.

Really don't think this subject is too difficult.

If you don't deviate, your flights won't be known until 75 days out and will be ticketed at that point.

At the 75 day mark, the flights will be ticketed (paid for) and at that point you can upgrade if it is allowed for the fare paid. If you want the flight ticketed earlier for both Regent Air and Deviations, you need to make full payment early.

Hope this helps and answers most questions.

The part of your post I underlined is the part that is confusing me.

Given final payment (which is when the full payment is made) is at 90 days or earlier, then why does a cruiser who opts for Oceania's air wait until 75 days for the itinerary to come out, when you say it's at the time of final payment?

Is this some subtle way to encourage deviations? For deviations, the days out don't even matter because you know exactly what your flights are when you accept it and it's just a formality when the tickets are actually issued.

The problem here is finding out what the itinerary is, and for those who elect Oceania's air, it seems to be 15 days after final/full payment.

Let's put examples out:

Example 1:

1. I book a 10-night cruise with O today.
  2. It sails on January 1 2014.
  3. I choose O's air.
  4. For whatever reason, I pay in full today as well.
  5. Can I request my flight schedule today and get it? The answers seems to be yes?

Example 2:

3. I choose O's air.
  4. For whatever reason, I pay in full September 15, 2013.
  5. Can I request my flight schedule today and get it? The answer is NO because I didn't make full payment.
  6. Can I request my flight schedule on September 15, 2013, when I paid in full, and get it? The answers seems to be yes?

Example 3:

3. I choose O's air.
  4. For whatever reason, I pay in full today when final payment is due, which is around October 1, 2013.
  5. Can I request my flight schedule today and get it? The answer is NO because I didn't make full payment.
  6. Can I request my flight schedule on October 1, 2013, when the final payment is due and I've paid in full, and get it that day? The answer seems to be no, I have to wait until around October 15, 2013 (75 days out)???

Archived