Two Cases of Idiocy on the Crown

Pam in CA

Hi There,

Have had problem with teen neighbours slamming doors thought the pictures would fall of the walls, I raised it with cabin steward, and pursers desk not much happened.

They would also run up and down in the small hours banging on every cabin door,

I resolved the problem, in the odd fashioned manner of knocking on their door and threatening to beat the **** out of them, they were quite from that point onwards.

yours Shogun

Good for you Shogun.....:):):)

Bob

Hi There,

Have had problem with teen neighbours slamming doors thought the pictures would fall of the walls, I raised it with cabin steward, and pursers desk not much happened.

They would also run up and down in the small hours banging on every cabin door,

I resolved the problem, in the odd fashioned manner of knocking on their door and threatening to beat the **** out of them, they were quite from that point onwards.

yours Shogun

Excellent!:)

We just enjoyed 12 days on the Crown on 6/25 and didn't experience any of these problems. Thank Heaven. That must have been upsetting. The elevators were slow at times, but no one was messing with them. I don't think??

There was a medical emergency that required a helicopter evacuation on our cruise. Some passengers watched the evacuation, but I really didn't want to do that. I really felt for the people involved.

I agree Alice, I was on the same British Isles cruise with you and the European Explorer B2B before that. Did not experience much rudeness at all. There were a couple of hundred kids on board, but they were generally well behaved as well.

PAM..it is unfortunate you had the bad mob on your cruise. However it was good to hear the ship and the UK got rid of the imbeciles who targetted the pilot, they should have gone to the Tower of London to be beheaded.

SHOGUN..you have taken those who targetted the pilot for an immersion in Loch Lomond or somewhere. Great to see you had a 'reboard' of CP in Greenock as a visitor after your European Explorer cruise with us. The Scots were very hospitable at our 3 Scottish Ports.

Hi Les,

It was nice to cruise with you, glad my countrymen were good to you and yours,

if you are ever back in the land of haggis look us up,

till with cruise again

yours Shogun

We tried haggis while in your country - won't do it again - I prefer good ole US steak!

Ron

I am basically clueless about mechanical things but taught at a community college for many years. Once we had the elevator in our building vandalized by prying off the front of the control panel, pulling several wires and then replacing the front panel. It sure didn't work after that was done. The person who did it also cut the cord on the phone you would use to call someone and say you were stuck in the elevator. It was done four times one semester. Never before and not after so I think it was one person who knew what to do and thought it was funny. He/she probably didn't return to school after that semester and therefore it never happened again. We never found out who did it. It was a lot of work just to aggravate fellow students/faculty. I always wondered how they got out of it after it was vandalized.

I am just curious, how were the elevators vandalized to be unusable? I would hope that they are sturdy enough that normal kicking or pounding would not put them out of order.
I don't know. It happened overnight and we disembarked at 7am in the morning so there was little information. The vast majority of passengers didn't know what was happening or why the elevators were out.

I am just curious, how were the elevators vandalized to be unusable? I would hope that they are sturdy enough that normal kicking or pounding would not put them out of order.

Just a guess, but I suspect that the glass mirrors which are on at least two walls of each elevator were destroyed.

If that was what happened, the elevators could not be used until all the broken glass was picked up and sharp edges of what glass remained covered or the glass replaced.

We just enjoyed 12 days on the Crown on 6/25 and didn't experience any of these problems. Thank Heaven. That must have been upsetting. The elevators were slow at times, but no one was messing with them. I don't think??

There was a medical emergency that required a helicopter evacuation on our cruise. Some passengers watched the evacuation, but I really didn't want to do that. I really felt for the people involved.

Hi Alice, too bad Pam had these issues on her cruise. We had a great one didn't we? It was nice meeting you....perhaps we'll see you again one day.

I hope these dreadful people were put off the ship in the most inconvenient place possible for them to get a flight home, whatever their nationality they deserved keel hauling. I hope they had to pay a lot to get home.

Glad you had a good time Pam, though the weather was dreadful the wettest July since 1888 according to the T.V.

Coolgran

I remember when the Crown was brand new shortly after the "TILT" and someone smashed up the entire putting green. They took the clubs and smashed all the fake rock speakers on the deck smashed windows in the golf office area. They now have large security camera there now.

What is wrong with people?? :mad:

They should be banned for life.

Pam, I'm sorry to hear about the issues on your cruise....it certainly can put a damper on the best of cruises.

While onboard the Carnival Pride, a few years ago, we had some roudy boys, who had found out my Service Dog's name, and they called her, while she was resting, under a table in the Lido. She came out from under the table and walked to their table (I never saw her leave.) I usually place her leash under my bottom or under a chair leg. I didn't this time and, when I had noticed that they had her on the other side of the room, they were smiling and thought it was so, so funny!

I'm very reluctant about giving out her name to strangers who ask for it......it can be a horrible thing (as you can see.) We are told to give a phony name to strangers, for just this reason. But, when I'm going to be onboard a cruiseship for at least a week, it's nice to make new friends and have them be comfortable with my SD.

These dogs are trained to respond to their names and, they don't realize when someone is playing a trick or being mischievious!!!!!

It was a lesson learned.....I kept her very close, to my side and "attached" to me every moment while I was onboard that cruise!!!!!! Too bad!!!!!

Hi Pam, I was on that cruise with you but was unaware of any problems with the pilot boat. However I did see some people disembark in Le Havre but thought they had just wanted to leave the ship early. As for the elevators, I guess being forward in the ship, I didn't have to use the aft elevators that morning so didn't realize there was a problem. Sorry to hear you had some noisy neighbors. every night at approx the same time, a couple of kids or teens( don't really know because I never saw them) ran down the halll very heavily but otherwise didn't make any noise. Weather was much better that I had been led to beleive with CNN weather prior to travelling. Good thing too, as it called for rain every day but the first day. pj

Hi, PJ. There were people intentionally disembarking in Le Havre, so I wouldn't assume they had anything to do with the pilot boat incident. I thought that probably happened earlier in the cruise -- didn't Shogun hear about it from James Deering at the Glasgow stop?

We also heard people thundering down the hallways a few times in the middle of the night. Very inconsiderate.

Hi Mary, Thanks for clearing that up for me, I guess they were just passengers that were leaving early as I had originally thought. So, I wonder where those unruly passengers were put off the ship? Does anyone know how many people were involved in the incident? We just got back yesterday afternoon, after a couple of days in London. The weather was good for us there too. pj

Just wanted to say thanks for all that work you put in for the Cruise Critic meeting.

Hi There,

it was two mature men that started to shout xxxxx at the pilot, they then started throwing glasses they landed on the pilot boat, afterwards they taken in front of the captain, offered no reasons for what they had done and were put off at the next port.

yours Shogun

Pam, that is absolutely horrible news about the elevators. What the heck is wrong with people - adults or kids? As for putting that moron off the ship for throwing a glass at the pilot boat, hurray for the captain.

I hope Princess will take strong action against such behaviour on a more regular basis.

Glad you made it back safely.

Makes me wonder what kind of people cruises ships are booking these days???? I have been crusing since the early 1980s, never seen anything like this. I guess I am lucky because I generally cruise off season. Less crazy people traveling off season, thank goodness. :)

Hi There,

it was two mature men that started to shout xxxxx at the pilot, they then started throwing glasses they landed on the pilot boat, afterwards they taken in front of the captain, offered no reasons for what they had done and were put off at the next port.

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun, Thanks for the information. Hope you enjoyed your day on the Crown. We enjoyed our cruise, and Scotland especially. pj

It was a lesson learned.....I kept her very close, to my side and "attached" to me every moment while I was onboard that cruise!!!!!! Too bad!!!!!
It shocked me on our Sapphire cruise when people at my dinner table started whining about the "obviously healthy" people who had brought their pet onboard. I butt in and told them she was a service dog and reminded them that not all disabilities are visible or obvious. That shut them up. :(

Archived