Too many brochures!!!

colombiangirl

Just called the customer service number. We must get a different brochure every other day. Please, please, please stop spending so much money on marketing and save me a little on my cruise instead. My 2017 and 2018 vacations are already booked and I already know what cruise I want for 2019 (Stars to Shores on Insignia NY to Miami). With the amount of money that could be saved on printing those beautiful (and expensive) brochures I'm sure rates could be lowered quite a bit. Does anyone else feel the same way?8aec928f25532f4d83688cb82284e8f0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Its the attractive glossy brochures that drive their sales. Its their marketing tool. I get really excited seeing them. They get me really in the mood for cruising!

Sent from my X11 using Forums mobile app

Yup, Like getting them. Pretty pictures. Lets me know if we have missed something. Also gives me something to read when I am in the head. Keep them coming.

I know! I think the same way----saying that. We get a lot (right now were booking Regent, have three booked know) got the booklet and I saw a better cruise to Cuba on "O". Booked it that day-so it does work for "O" and must be paying out for them. But know I just don't get "O"'s, I also know get a lot of Regents.

You can STOP the brochures from coming by calling Oceania and telling them to not send them.

Not sure, in today's online world, shy you would want an actual brochure. Everything is available online.

Time to join the 21st century!

You can STOP the brochures from coming by calling Oceania and telling them to not send them.

Not sure, in today's online world, shy you would want an actual brochure. Everything is available online.

Pretty pictures. Happy where I am. Do more than enough on line. Like going to the mail box. Gets me out. Sunshine, no snow. Each to his own.

I called my Oceania rep. She removed me from the mailing list and I no longer receive the mail. I've saved 2 trees since my call end of last year! Please do the same.

I was starting to dislike the brand due to the bombardment. In my opinion it cheapens the brand when one is harrassed everyother day. I now enjoy hearing from Oceania as I know its in regards to shore excursion/ dining openings or perhaps even a room upgrade :)

Can't understand why we keep getting all of the many Oceania brochures. Such a waste of money sending them to us since we've never cruised with them nor requested information. :confused:

NOT trying to be rude,just curious why you are participating on Oceania board if you have never tried them before? and sounds like you are not interested in doing so...

I never even open any of the countless booklets/mailings. However we do put them to good use. My DW donates them to the Childrens Museum. They have a crafts program where the kids love cutting out the beautiful pictures for their art projects.

What a wonderful idea. Between Oceania, Cunard, Regent and several rivercruise companies, we probably could keep a program going single handedly.

This certainly beats all the trash we create by throwing them out.

Given the demographics of O cruisers, more of our lives were spent in the 20th century than in the 21st. If we're reading and posting on this board, we're doing just fine in the 21st century.

Given the demographics of O cruisers, more of our lives were spent in the 20th century than in the 21st. If we're reading and posting on this board, we're doing just fine in the 21st century.

You are NEVER to old to learn something new! I can't remember who said that but it is a wise statement. My husband and I have completely eliminated, since 2015, the need for a "slow" mailbox! We live in Canada which I believe helped us not to have to receive anything in paper form. All of our "forms" for income tax are available online. It was simple.

You are NEVER to old to learn something new! I can't remember who said that but it is a wise statement. My husband and I have completely eliminated, since 2015, the need for a "slow" mailbox! We live in Canada which I believe helped us not to have to receive anything in paper form. All of our "forms" for income tax are available online. It was simple.

You have no idea whether or not the posters who wrote they prefer the print brochures also use the web site. After all, there are limits to the utility of a brochure. Cruisers can't book dinner reservations or shore excursion via a brochure, but the evidence from frequent posts is that cruisers are using the web site to do that.

Life is not one size fits all. As long as Oceania finds print brochures to be a profitable marketing tool, cruisers will have both options.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

May I ask what the age demographics are?

DH and I are very interested in an Oceana cruise but do not want to feel out of place.

We are in are late 40's.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you recycle, you are still saving trees. After getting many brochures from several cruise lines, my spouse decided that we should book a cruise on Oceania. We get tons of mail (snail and email) offers for several travel opportunities. Most are put into the recycle bin. Sometimes, we book based on a mailing. Advertising and mailings increase bookings. If they didn't produce bookings, the seller would use a different sales tool.

I am most likely to book a cruise in the 2-3 week period following a great cruise.

After getting home and catching up, I start thinking about future cruises.

I get annoyed at a high pressure sales pitch to rebook while cruising. When I am cruising, I don't want to spend time talking to a booking agent. Just off a cruise that did not take future bookings while on the ship. The cruise was excellent. No complaints. Instead, I got a letter in the mail thanking us for sailing and offering 10% off plus $200pp for booking a future cruise. That gesture works.

May I ask what the age demographics are?

DH and I are very interested in an Oceana cruise but do not want to feel out of place.

We are in are late 40's.

I would guess most are 50 -80 but you will find pax younger & older but the majority are 50+

You would probably be fine it depends on what your expectations are

Lyn

You have no idea whether or not the posters who wrote they prefer the print brochures also use the web site. After all, there are limits to the utility of a brochure. Cruisers can't book dinner reservations or shore excursion via a brochure, but the evidence from frequent posts is that cruisers are using the web site to do that.

Life is not one size fits all. As long as Oceania finds print brochures to be a profitable marketing tool, cruisers will have both options.

We do both. Gives us a lot of options including looking at pretty pictures. Most are on line also, but this is less work. Don't have to do as much hunting.

They are endless with the brochures, multiple times a week, it is beginning to annoy me. We have asked them to stop sending them, told them we had no intention of sailing with them again (bad cruise on the "Sick Ship" last year) but they keep coming. I did manage to get them to stop the email offers though.

Both my husband and I get copies of the same brochure..

That's probably because you are on several mailing lists. Companies buy mailing lists that they think include people who will be interested in their products. For example, one or both of you may be on lists such as 1) former O cruisers, 2) cruisers on other lines, 3) subscribers to travel magazines, 4) people who live in fancy Zip codes, 5) graduates of certain universities, etc. etc. It's easier and cheaper to send duplicate brochures than to eliminate duplication among the lists.