Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Anxiously awaiting Aug 2018 Europe dates/ships - planning a multi-family trip and would like to know which ships - it will help make our decision between Royal and Norwegian. I'm not a big fan of the smaller ships when it comes to taking kids on cruises, I much prefer Navigator, Freedom or Oasis class - so I'm hopeful at least one of them is sailing from Barcelona/Italy. We cruise in a month and I really wanted to lock in prices then - but we shall see.

Anxiously awaiting Aug 2018 Europe dates/ships - planning a multi-family trip and would like to know which ships - it will help make our decision between Royal and Norwegian. I'm not a big fan of the smaller ships when it comes to taking kids on cruises, I much prefer Navigator, Freedom or Oasis class - so I'm hopeful at least one of them is sailing from Barcelona/Italy. We cruise in a month and I really wanted to lock in prices then - but we shall see.

We are also awaiting the TA from Copenhagen - Boston via Iceland - Also want to pick up Norwegian Fjords!

Also awaiting the release- really wanting to do a westbound TA- we are unable to travel after mid October through late April. Probably end up on an eastbound. We shall see-

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's usually an early September westbound TA on a Radiance Class that's really popular...includes Iceland and Atlantic Canada. That would be a great cruise...but unfortunately I can't cruise that time of year!

We sailed Allure in the med a few years ago and it was great. Oasis 4 will be there next year. It is too big for Livorno so it ports at LaSpezia.

They sold appx 20% of the ship as an inter port sailing embarking in Rome as opposed to Barcelona. We spent a week in Rome and took the train to Florence, Naples, Pompeii etc. then we were able to enjoy Cinque Terre while in port in LaSpezia and Capri while in port in Naples. Sailing in and out of Rome as opposed to Barcelona was a great way to see the Med with the kids.

Waiting for Greek islands/Venice /Adriatic itinerary for June 2018. Assuming it will be rhapsody again as this year ( which we are fine with as have never been on her) - if so our plan is to do a B2B from Venice which will take in a good range of ports.

Have priced similar itineraries on p&o , celebrity and Norwegian as backup if RC do not do the ports we want. If they repeat this years program that will suit us fine but I certainly hope the pricing is more reasonable than if I was booking now for this year! Even taking the free drinks packages in to account they are coming out WAY more expensive than p&o who have a really nice itinerary and are giving £600 OBC. Want to get a junior suite on RC If possible , so fingers crossed for some nice early booking bonuses!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Updated, 2018-19 Summer / Winter Deployment predictionsDeployment confirmed to great degree.

Adventure, year-round San Juan

Allure, Port Everglades year-round

Anthem, year-round Bayonne

Brilliance, European deployment, Amsterdam 12N (returns to Tampa 5/4/5N)

Empress, Cuba/Western , (Tampa summer) / Miami winter

Enchantment, year-round Miami

Explorer, returns to Seattle home-port / Sydney

Freedom, winter Port Everglades (Eastern/Western)

Grandeur, year-round Baltimore deployment

Indy, European deployment, Southampton / Port Everglades

Jewel, European deployment Civitavecchia home-port / San Juan

Liberty, year-round Galveston

Majesty, year-round Port Canaveral deployment

Mariner, China, Shanghai / Singapore.

Navigator, European deployment, Southampton / Miami ABC southern

Oasis, year-round Port Canaveral

Ovation, Asia/Pacific , (Beijing) / Sydney / Hong Kong

Quantum, China, year-round Shanghai home-port

Radiance, returns to Vancouver home-port / Sydney

Rhapsody, European deployment, Venice home-port. / Tampa

Serenade, European deployment, Copenhagen / Port Everglades

Vision, European deployment, Barcelona 12N sailings

Voyager, Hong Kong / Sydney

Deployment Likely * (not fully confirmed with port bookings or press release)

Empress, Tampa summer 2018

Harmony, year-round Port Everglades deployment

Ovation, China Beijing deployment.

Speculated deployment * (based on lack of port bookings, media sources, previous port bookings...)

Freedom, Bayonne summer (Grand Cayman call 8 May 2018 for Repo return 23 October at Grand Cayman)

Harmony, summer new itineraries / summer home port? Europe?

Oasis IV - Spring release Barcelona summer season /

with late Autumn release direct to year-round Miami home port.

Vision, return to Galveston (NOLA ..)

Both Dubai/Abu Dhabi and Buenos Aires have been reported trying to give incentives to RCI to return with sailings. (Azamara booked at MSC's private island Sir Bani Yas, United Arab Emirates )

I thought I'd bring this to the top since it's the most comprehensive guesstimate we've had and we're just a week or two away. It seems like they came out late Tuesday, early Weds. last year, but we'll have to wait and see what they do this time around.

Just going by past years the "sales" we're their usual sales although they excluded new ships and China itineraries. Symphony will probably be excluded from sales if they follow past history.Hint. Watch every sale for the next 6 months or do and what the prices for Symphony are. With Harmony they did not artificially raise Harmony's prices on the first sale that she was not excluded from leading to great deals for about a one week period until they started raising prices.

We actually booked the Harmony TA the first day it was released - our D4 cabin was $1900 for both of us - and the price then only went UP to $10K - and settled back to $6500 after final payment - that is why we book 2 years out!

We actually booked the Harmony TA the first day it was released - our D4 cabin was $1900 for both of us - and the price then only went UP to $10K - and settled back to $6500 after final payment - that is why we book 2 years out!

Ours for Harmony was the same price as yours, a heck of a deal. Then, daily it sent up up up. I remember checking on a JS that morning and thinking it was $1200 more. I just couldn't see it. That amount paid for our amazing room on the Venice canals for 3 nights and all our food while we were there, precruise. We went a week on Vision before we jumped over to Harmony TA.

I thought I'd bring this to the top since it's the most comprehensive guesstimate we've had and we're just a week or two away. It seems like they came out late Tuesday, early Weds. last year, but we'll have to wait and see what they do this time around.

Thank you for sharing Mindy - we are really glad to see that Serenade will 'hopefully' be going back to Copenhagen - that is the TA we want to do late Summer 2018 since they bring the ship back sooner out of the Northern areas!

Which cruise(s) are you and John looking forward to booking?

Ours for Harmony was the same price as yours, a heck of a deal. Then, daily it sent up up up. I remember checking on a JS that morning and thinking it was $1200 more. I just couldn't see it. That amount paid for our amazing room on the Venice canals for 3 nights and all our food while we were there, precruise. We went a week on Vision before we jumped over to Harmony TA.

Karen - I will need to 'pick your brain' about Venice - we are flying into Rome on 11 Oct and flying directly to Venice for 4 days before returning to Rome to board Jewel for B3B - 34 days - including Greece - Med and TA home to San Juan!

Gosh, I'm hoping they don't come out until March 5. I get on Liberty that day. It was earlier than that last year. We were onboard until Sunday March 6, and cruises were open on March 3 or 4, the first grouping.

Will cruises like the Baltics and a TA home from there be on that first week? That's what we are looking at. And for Symphony.

Does the Serenade always do some short cruises while in Port Everglades? I noticed she is doing some later this year and early next year. Just wondering if it will be the same for the end of 2018 and beginning of 2019

Anything is possible. She didn't last yrs but this yr 2017 with dry dock messed up reg schedule in Nov. Was on Serenade Nov-Dec 2015, did B2B2B2B Oct-Dec 2016 & Scheduled B2B2B this Oct/Nov. Agree like it when they change Ports and schedules around. We'll soon find out!

Not surprised at all....but still so so sad that nothing seems to be out of Los Angeles for Mexican Riviera. :loudcry:

As long as they can make more money elsewhere, that's where they will go. I'd expect them to being back a New Orleans ship before LA.

Gosh, I'm hoping they don't come out until March 5. I get on Liberty that day. It was earlier than that last year. We were onboard until Sunday March 6, and cruises were open on March 3 or 4, the first grouping.

Will cruises like the Baltics and a TA home from there be on that first week? That's what we are looking at. And for Symphony.

Last year the northern TA for late August on Serenade came out with the first Europe release (and fjords and Baltic). Then unexpectedly they revised plans for Vision so a second northern crossing became available for August. Since the release was late, they tried to make up for lost time by pricing it more reasonably than they usually do on the northern route, at least for the first little while.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Last year the northern TA for late August on Serenade came out with the first Europe release (and fjords and Baltic). Then unexpectedly they revised plans for Vision so a second northern crossing became available for August. Since the release was late, they tried to make up for lost time by pricing it more reasonably than they usually do on the northern route, at least for the first little while.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

I could deal with a late release. How much later was it? Do you remember?