Been on Oasis and Allure, been a while, need to know which is best now

We have sailed on both the Oasis 2013 and the Allure 2012. My wife and I are celebrating our 50th Anniversary this summer. We decided that we want to go on one of these two ships with about 10 family members. My question is which ship is now the better one to go on. I know the Oasis is older, but it may have had some updating done since we were on it that makes it nicer than the Allure. Which ship is cleaner, and has better service towards their passengers. We had a great time on both of these ships, The Allure seemed in better condition, of course it's newer, but at the time I think we had a better cruise experience on the Oasis. If any cruisers out there that have sailed on both recently could give us some feedback, it would be greatly appreciated. I plan on making my decision and booking in mid to late November.

I have been a member of Cruise Critic for quite some time. I find it to be a great place to do your homework before you go on a cruise. It is a great place for a new cruiser to learn the ropes and by asking questions and weighing the answers that he or she gets back they can save money and save time on their cruise. As we who have cruise frequently know time is something that we value. If you know how to portion out the time for the things that are important to you it makes for a better cruise experience. Saving money is a given.

Thanks in advance for your input on my inquiry, smooth sailing to you and God bless.

Oasis had a drydock last fall while Allure had a drydock this spring. Both ships are very similar now with the biggest exception being the. Broadway show. Oasis has Cats while Allure has Mamma Mia.

Pretty much this. Both ships are more alike than different now. Both have Sabor instead of Rita's Cantina/Seafood Shack, both have the Boardwalk Dog House - aside from the shows the other maindifference is that Allure has Samba, the Brazilian steakhouse concept, in the Solarium Bistro at dinner while Oasis doesn't. As for crew/staff, those change enough that there's no telling which ship will be "better" or "worse" in that aspect when you cruise in 7+ months from now

Have you considered choosing Harmony of the Seas? It is the new sister ship to Allure and Oasis and starts sailing, I believe in May 16. I don't know whether it heads to the Caribbean right away or not.

100 percent agree. I have been on both also and love them, but cannot wait to go on the Harmony. :):):)

Oasis had a drydock last fall while Allure had a drydock this spring. Both ships are very similar now with the biggest exception being the. Broadway show. Oasis has Cats while Allure has Mamma Mia.

Agree with Ken so now we lean toward Oasis because Saturday to Saturday gives us a recovery day before going back to work.

Does anyone know if the Harmony is going to be sailing in the Caribbean this summer? We have always liked sailing on the biggest ship in the world and I'm sure that the Harmony will be at least a half inch larger then the Allure, just as the Allure was about a half inch longer then the Oasis, lol. We sailed on the Explorer, Freedom, Oasis and Allure when each was the largest at the time. It's just neat to say you were on the biggest ship in the world. I think that the Norway was actually longer than Oasis and Allure, just not as big GRT. Sad about that ship going to the scrap yard It will be even sadder if the SS United States ends up at the scrap yard, but it is sure looking that way. It has sat rusting away here in Philadelphia, PA on the Delaware River for the past 15 years, waiting for some one to buy her and do something like the did with the Queen Mary in California. She once was the Queen of the Seas, the fastest cruise liner of all time. A record she still holds.

Does anyone know if the Harmony is going to be sailing in the Caribbean this summer? We have always liked sailing on the biggest ship in the world and I'm sure that the Harmony will be at least a half inch larger then the Allure, just as the Allure was about a half inch longer then the Oasis, lol. We sailed on the Explorer, Freedom, Oasis and Allure when each was the largest at the time. It's just neat to say you were on the biggest ship in the world. I think that the Norway was actually longer than Oasis and Allure, just not as big GRT. Sad about that ship going to the scrap yard It will be even sadder if the SS United States ends up at the scrap yard, but it is sure looking that way. It has sat rusting away here in Philadelphia, PA on the Delaware River for the past 15 years, waiting for some one to buy her and do something like the did with the Queen Mary in California. She once was the Queen of the Seas, the fastest cruise liner of all time. A record she still holds.

Sorry, the Harmony does not arrive in Ft. Lauderdale until November, 2016. It will visit Eastern and Western Caribbean.

Edited by champagne123
xxxxx

yeah, as stated, minus the broadway show....they are the same ship.

Frankly, most Royal ships, are the same ship. Other lines vary vessels more than Royal, thats actually part of their business strategy, to provide a similar consistent experiance across the fleet.

Go with Harmony....apparently, its going to fix the "puddle pool" in the Solarium problem.....

• 4 weeks later...
Did Allure lose her secret balconies and get the "split up dining room" (like Oasis did in anticipation of Dynamic Dining) in her drydock like Oasis did?

Or were those changes not made on Allure?

Same changes on Allure.

Frankly, most Royal ships, are the same ship. Other lines vary vessels more than Royal, thats actually part of their business strategy, to provide a similar consistent experiance across the fleet.

Go with Harmony....apparently, its going to fix the "puddle pool" in the Solarium problem.....

"Puddle pool?"

Dear OP

First of all Congrats!!!!

We have sailed both the Oasis and Allure of the Seas, and from our (1 x Oasis), (2 x Allure) experience we have noticed a friendlier atmosphere on the Allure, so much that we are cruising on our 25th wedding anniversary this summer on her.

My DH sensed this too.

It seemed that there were a lot of unhappy workers on the Oasis.

But what ever you pick, enjoy.

Safe travels.

I've only sailed on the Oasis, and am counting down the days till Feb. 6, 2016. However, I also have a cruise booked for Feb. 2017 on Harmony. I hope they have a Solarium pool that is big enough to do more than just stand or walk in a circle.

We have been on both... 2x each. They are almost identical. I missed the secret balconies this last time. If you are into shows, I would pick based on show preference, desired date and itinerary. I didn't care for Cats... Many walked out. Mamma Mia wasn't playing yet when I was onboard, but I think I would have enjoyed it more, but that is a personal preference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Loved Chicago on Allure a few years back.

We booked Harmony to see Grease but Allure is $500 per person cheaper for the same cruise/cabin so we will settle for Mama Mia.

The showroom would be absent two passengers if we had to endure Cats.

After having experienced Cats once, I regret so so so much booking Oasis again and not Allure.

I say book alure Allure (hoping RCI gets the message and DUMPS IT! I know some people like it, but MOST walk out :p)!

Kidding aside I think it really comes down to if you want a Saturday departure vs a Sunday one.

Sure you will gave a great time which ever you choose.

I tend to disagree with this statement. I think there is a definite difference in the cruise experience between the Radiance, Voyager/Freedom, and Oasis class ships. Each class seems to have some amenities that are unique to that class and I think it does make a difference. I can't speak for the Sovereign class ships as I've not been on one and have no deisire to.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Agree with Ken so now we lean toward Oasis because Saturday to Saturday gives us a recovery day before going back to work.

That is why we are going back to Oasis for our next cruise along with the fact that I will probably not consider the ship again after our next cruise while it is sailing out of Port Canaveral.

Dear OP

First of all Congrats!!!!

We have sailed both the Oasis and Allure of the Seas, and from our (1 x Oasis), (2 x Allure) experience we have noticed a friendlier atmosphere on the Allure, so much that we are cruising on our 25th wedding anniversary this summer on her.

My DH sensed this too.

It seemed that there were a lot of unhappy workers on the Oasis.

But what ever you pick, enjoy.

Safe travels.

We agree with this. We just returned from the Allure and were very impressed with the service and the Captain. He is obviously a leader and the crew likes him. Therefore, it shows in their work ethic. We have sailed on the Oasis twice and never received the level of service that we received on the Allure. We would definitely choose the Allure again as long as they keep Captain Johnny.

Is that because you don't care for Cats as a show, or because the specific production of it on Oasis was bad?

I have never seen the Broadway version, but I think it was likely the show itself; not the Oasis performers. Many people left in the middle of the show and I actually started drifting off. Hairspray was on our first Oasis cruise and it was fantastic. It is really a personal preference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk