Cyber Monday Deal :<(

villager13

We just booked a cruise last week (actually just a few days ago) on the Oasis for January. At that time we got buy one get one 50% and 300.00 on board credit.

Today Royal Caribbean came out with a Cyber Monday deal that is BOGO for 50%, 400.00 OBC, and free wifi!

I called and tried to get them to add the new deal to our cruise but they said they could not do it because in the teenie, tiny, fine print it said that was only for cruises booked today, one day only. (Nov. 30)

I have never had a problem with Princess adding any new deals that came out to an existing booking we had even when the fine print said for "new bookings only."

Oh well, it was worth a try. :eek:

Call back again. I just got the additional OBC added to 2 of my bookings.

If your base price is different than when you booked last week you will be charged the new price. Our prices stayed the same.

These were 2 short sailings, not the Oasis but RCL has been allowing re-pricing lately for all these sales

Edit- Are you past final payment? I guess that may make a difference

Edited by molly361

RCI deals are always for new bookings.

Only way around it is if your currently booked cruise is not past the final payment due date, then then can change it..or you could just book the better deal and cancel the old one.

Pretty sure this is standard and normal for RCI, ,maybe not with other cruise lines.

If your base price is different than when you booked last week you will be charged the new price. Our prices stayed the same.

These were 2 short sailings, not the Oasis but RCL has been allowing re-pricing lately for all these sales

I see that you finally got through and got the extra OBC.:)

I'm with you thinking that the OP is past final payment which is why they can't get the better deal.

I was able to change from the $300 OBC to the $400 OBC under today's cyber Monday sale because my base fare stayed the same. Unfortunately, the free Voom at sea part of the promotion was through September sailings, and mine is for October.

There may be better cabins you can upgrade to at same price, too.

It did take awhile to get through, as they were "experiencing a higher volume of calls" today.

Thanks for mentioning this -- I have a bunch of cruises to make deposits on for next fall/winter and the OBC offer makes it more expensive than I paid for 2015 fall/winter but after OBC it ends up a little cheaper. And airfare is ridiculously cheap for a bunch of cruise days. Plus RCCL sent me a "book again" coupon to knock another little bit of cash off. And half price deposits.

Looks like I'll be burning up their web server today.

This is a little different issue but related as ours was also booked with the $300 OBC but base has gone up $150 (not sailing until 2017). I have been conflicted about which cabin to book and considering booking a lesser cabin. The thing is I don't want to give up the first one just yet until we have our vacation budget determined. So, can I book 2 cabins (same name or the other person's name) and decide later or is this something considered frowned upon by Royal?

This is a little different issue but related as ours was also booked with the $300 OBC but base has gone up $150 (not sailing until 2017). I have been conflicted about which cabin to book and considering booking a lesser cabin. The thing is I don't want to give up the first one just yet until we have our vacation budget determined. So, can I book 2 cabins (same name or the other person's name) and decide later or is this something considered frowned upon by Royal?

I have done that before

I got the same deal $300 OBC....I checked the price of my cruise and it went up $52 per person :rolleyes: doesn't make sense to change mine at this time

I am wondering something about the free VOOM though. I wasn't eligible because we booked a cruise on Oct 1 next year, one day after the free VOOM under the other special expired.

Anyone know if there's an expiration date on the free voom through the current special?

Thanks for the tip to call on existing bookings. I called for my two Navigator booking in Jan 2017 and although I could not get the free wifi as the bookings are outside the promotion time frame I did get additional OBC for both bookings. :D

Thanks for the tip to call on existing bookings. I called for my two Navigator booking in Jan 2017 and although I could not get the free wifi as the bookings are outside the promotion time frame I did get additional OBC for both bookings. :D

You're welcome- every little bit helps

We just booked a March Break 2017 on Anthem online this morning. We had been talking about it for months now. With the Cyber Monday deal, I got $800 OBC because we booked 2 Balcony rooms, but I called after to link our 2 reservations and could not get the free Voom internet cause it was CLEARLY stated in Size #2 font:( that the dates of our cruise were not included. Oh well, the OBC will at least cover the Drinks package.

dp

When I saw the base price was unchanged I thought this might be good for us, but no..

I would have to pay $886 more than what we booked at in order to get the $800 on-board credit (2 cabins). Our current booking has no on-board credit.

When I saw the base price was unchanged I thought this might be good for us, but no..

I would have to pay $886 more than what we booked at in order to get the $800 on-board credit (2 cabins). Our current booking has no on-board credit.

Are you before final payment? If so, what prevents you from booking a brand new reservation and canceling the old one, if the prices are the same?

Can someone elaborate on the free wifi? I don't see this offer. Is it for all sailings? Do you need a code?

(I do see the $400 OBC when I attempt to book)

It seems like only for sailings prior to October 2016. When I called to reprice my cruise today we did get it for May 2016 sailing. If you are sailing before October, I would call and make reservation on phone and see what happens.