S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Is anybody co ordinating all these responses and putting them into the spreadsheet or are we wasting our time.

If you are looking for a specific cabin that is not captured by the spreadsheet there is a very easy way to check. Click on "search this thread" near the top of the page of posts, put in the cabin number, hit go and presto.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Unfortunately Librarylady19, who was keeping up the spreadsheet, has not posted on Cruise Critic since February. I hope that all is well with her as she is one of the "good guys"; helpful to everyone with balanced views.

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 1638

DECK #: 11

CLASS: CS

AREA: Midship

BED NEAR:

QUIET?: Very

BALCONY VIEW: unobstructed and slightly aft

BALCONY SIZE: MASSIVE:D

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Convenient location near main lifts and no noise from them. We stayed in Equinox 1620 which is a CS but with a standard balcony (for a CS). The balcony in 16388 was absolutely huge!

I have included a link to a video I made of the cabin:cool: ..............

Edited by groryjm

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 6242

DECK #: 6

CLASS: 2C Partially Obstructed

AREA: Angle Cabin, Aft side of Hump on Starboard side

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?: Very quiet. Earlier posts from people saying they heard a mechanic noise, none heard while on board. Far enough away from Atrium area that no elevator noise/music heard.

BALCONY VIEW: Partially Obstructed. See photos. Probably one of the better obstructed cabins.

BALCONY SIZE: Larger than normal due to hump. Right side of balcony normal, left side an extra 4-6 ft (guess)

WIND A PROBLEM?: No wind noise

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No Soot problem

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: None, great location less than a minute walk to Cafe Al Bacio and the MDR. Slight obstruction when sitting down on the verandah but all in all had no issues.

th_827097810_IMG_00000342_122_245lo.jpg th_827103533_IMG_00000341_122_555lo.jpg th_827109600_IMG_00000340_122_83lo.jpg

th_827116164_IMG_00000339_122_536lo.jpg th_827123882_IMG_00000338_122_514lo.jpg

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #: 1650

CLASS: AQ2

AREA: Aft Starboard

BED NEAR: Bathroom, facing to the rear of the ship

QUIET?: Very quiet

BALCONY VIEW: Great view - no obstructions

BALCONY SIZE: Regular sized balcony

SOOT A PROBLEM?: Nope

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Great room, we prefer to go with the AQUA 2 cabins as they tend to be quiet. A bit of a walk to the elevators. Wifi worked well in our cabin (had unlimited package) No complaints at all. Had 1648 on our 2013 Med cruise, another quiet cabin! Our room attendants, Custodio and Betram were superb. Oh yes 1 issue, 1650 is the last of the Aqua class rooms, thus on 1 side of you is the "concierge" people. Luckily the shower is of great water flow, to cleanse yourself! ;-)

Edited by flames9

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 1553

CLASS: Aqua 1

AREA: FWD

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Yes - but we heard bumping going until late at night and then again from around 5.30am onwards. I can only assume it was elephant neighbours.

BALCONY VIEW: Overhang of pool deck. To the right we could see the window washing structure. To the left we had the support of the pool deck. Made photography a little challenging.

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Great location for quick access to the gym and solarium. More of a walk to the buffet but hardly an issue. Loved the location but not sure why Aqua cabins have obstructions like the window washer equipment which must have been very evident for the 2 cabins to our right. Never bothered with the special shower function either.

Edited by Pushka

Thanks so much, I can't tell you how much appreciated this is!!!

And thanks to everyone contributing cabin informations!

Do you want me to tell you cabin number and pros and cons of it? Just got off Silhouette Cabin 6216. Great location, very quiet and nothing negative. The cabin is where the hallway splits, so really protected from noise at elevators. Was across the hall from Apple Store loved that could walk over for help on the Internet. Never heard any people from our cabin. The balcony was great no obstructions and only good things to say about it. The bed was by the windows of the balcony. Mary

Edited by 2ashevillesailors

I have (finally) caught up with updates to the cabin spreadsheet! I'm posting the link again here for those who start at the end of this sticky.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE#gid=0

We are scheduled on Celebrity Reflection Cabin 9190. Would love see a review. We are concerned as this cabin has a berth, owrried of where it is, don't want to lose storage of the head of the bed. There is so little storage in a cabin we just had a couple of seeks ago. Thank in advance, Mary

Deck - 9 Panorama

Cabin # - 9190

Class – 1B

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – No.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstruction of view: Great view. There is a small bracket that hangs down from the floor above. Unless you're over 6'3'' it will not obstruct your view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? Located next to room attendant's closet. You hear the opening and closing of that door as they service rooms during the day, therefore I can't classify this cabin as 'quiet'. Not too bad at night though.

Any other comments? Nice cabin but I would try to move down the hall a few doors next trip.

For Cabin 9190. Did the overhead berth (bed) interfere with the storage above the bed. Would not want to lose that storage in wooden cabinet above the head of the bed.

Edited by 2ashevillesailors

For Cabin 9190. Did the overhead berth (bed) interfere with the storage above the bed. Would not want to lose that storage in wooden cabinet above the head of the bed.

No. The overhead berth folds into the overhead and will not interfere with anything.

SHIP: Eclipse

CABIN #: 6214 starboard

CLASS: 1A

AREA: Midships- 1st cabin forward off the hump

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: very quiet, considering how close it is to lifts and iLounge.

BALCONY VIEW: to the left you look at a lifeboat, forward the sea.

BALCONY SIZE: large, but we didn't get much sun, even on a clear day

WIND A PROBLEM?:No

SOOT A PROBLEM?:No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: on the first sea day, we woke to a balcony full of tiny polystyrene pellets. We were told by the cabin steward that some Spanish children had set off some crackers. These stuck under the lifeboats for days.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

Edited by upwarduk

Ship: Equinox

cabin #: 1610

deck #: 11

class: Aqua

area: Hump near forward elevator

bed near: Bath

quiet?: Yes

balcony view: Angled forward

balcony size: Large

wind a problem?:no

soot a problem?:no

problems/comments:

Room is quiet but there is a large air vent or intake over the balcony that is fairly loud.

SHIP: Eclipse

CABIN #: 6103

CLASS: Balcony (2B)

AREA: Forward Port

QUIET?: Quiet whilst cruising BUT noisy from about 90 mins before docking. This cabin is directly above a platform that is lowered about 90 mins before docking and it makes a very loud and noticeable thud / bang vibrating in the cabin when they lower (or drop?) this platform. Additionally loud whirring noise can be heard during raising and lowering of anchor. There is also a crew access door near the cabin which seems to be used quite often by entertainment staff - no noise from within the cabin from the corridor or from the theatre below - sound insulation from theatre must be good.

BALCONY VIEW: Great view - no obstructions - about a 1ft ledge and then a view directly down to the sea

BALCONY SIZE: Regular depth (I think) seemed spacious

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No Soot problem

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Anyone but a very heavy sleeper is likely to be awoken by the platform noises described above, which could be a problem on a Port heavy itinerary with early arrivals, particularly if you are skipping port excusrsions and looking for a lie in.

Cabin door lock was a bit sticky which meant that if released from a short distance the door would often not close properly and would need a bit of a push to lock. Otherwise everything seemed fine in the room.

The room is not too far from the forward elevators and is therefore convenient for the Theatre, Aqua Spa Cafe / Solarium as well as Embarkation / Disembarkation on Deck 5 at the beginning and end of the cruise (if they are using deck 5 fwd). Bit of a long walk to the Oceanview Cafe.

We got this room on a guaranteed rate at a very good price and for the price we paid we were very happy. Given the choice we wouldn't recommend picking this room but as UK booker you are stuck with the room they assign you on a guarantee rate. If you get this room on a guarantee rate at a good price you shouldn't be too disappointed.

Mediterranean Cruise August 2013

CABIN #: 8228

DECK #: 8

CLASS: Balcony 1A

Starboard/Port: Starboard

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Forward and to the front

BALCONY SIZE: Oversized balcony (probably 1.5 times regular size) on the side of the hump of the ship

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Great quiet cabin near mid ship lifts. No noise from lifts at all.

Edited by CarolynAustralia
Spelling

Celebrity Solstice January 2015 Auckland to Sydney Cruise

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 8220

DECK #: 8

CLASS: 1C

BALCONY VIEW: Unrestricted

BALCONY SIZE: Regular size

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: No problems with this cabin at all. Very near midship lifts.

Edited by CarolynAustralia

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #: 2157

DECK #: 12

CLASS: S2

AREA: Aft facing

QUIET?: Somewhat. This cabin is directly under the Sunset Bar, and we heard chairs scraping in the early morning and late evening hours. Also, there was quite a bit of vibration as we docked. While this didn't bother me, if you're looking for a truly quiet cabin, this wouldn't be it. For me however, the aft view was worth it.

BALCONY VIEW: Full view aft.

BALCONY SIZE: large, with plenty of sun and shade to suit your needs.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This is an aft facing cabin, so it's quite a hike to the elevators. Not a problem for me (in fact, I appreciate the walk), but may be a consideration for others. Also the noise issue previously mentioned. I would be happy with this room again provided the price is right (booked this as a suite guarantee so the price was excellent). However, if I were paying full price I would look for a quieter location even though I love the full aft view.

Edited by MustBCruzn

CABIN #: 2134

DECK #: 12

CLASS: Sky Suite

AREA: Starboard

QUIET?: Inside-very quite inside; veranda-quite with the exception of very late night when you could hear the movement of chairs from the deck above. Never a problem though

BALCONY VIEW: Good

BALCONY SIZE: Typical for a suite

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We were assigned this cabin when we booked

"Suite Guaranty" and liked the location.

SHIP: Celebrity Solstice

CABIN #: 7228 (Starboard)

DECK #: 7

CLASS: 2A

AREA: Midship, forward

BED NEAR: Closet

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Normal for class.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Closer to forward elevators. Quiet, although we had the Stompy McStompersons above us. Plenty of storage space. Appreciated (and used) the umbrella provided. The bed was comfortable (we are used to a king bed at home and did not have any issues with this one) and the pillows adequate. Everything clean and in good shape. Cabin stewards Bicham and Melvin were outstanding!

SHIP: Celebrity Equinox

CABIN #: 6258 Aft

CLASS: 2C

AREA: aft mid

BED NEAR: Closet/bathroom

QUIET?: NO

BALCONY VIEW:obstructed at foot level with tenders with the hoists mechanism in view

BALCONY SIZE: Normal for class.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Wasn't bothered by obstruction but 6256 didn't have the hoists in the view. The music coming from Ensemble Lounge varied from night to night. Sometimes the band finished early and some nights the drummer performed a solo until the wee hours. If you are a light sleeper go elsewhere. The staff were fabulous.

I can't seem to get the photos to load feel free to contact me:

medtrip2015 at gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

CABIN #: 7102 forward

DECK #: 7

CLASS:

AREA: Forward

QUIET?: very quiet, excepty when entering or leaving port as you are just above the bow equipment.

BALCONY VIEW: None.

BALCONY SIZE: None.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Privacy - this cabin is right across from the helipad and if Celebrity has a sail-away party (as they did) guests at the party can see right into your cabin unless the blinds are closed, removing any view you have.

CABIN #: 1634

CLASS: Concierge

AREA: Just behind the mid-ship elevators and stairs

BED NEAR: Balcony Doors

QUIET?: Yes, we did not hear any extra noises at all except for when we arrived in port and they were moving equipment on the dock

BALCONY VIEW: Great View Aft, you have to lean out to see forward

BALCONY SIZE: Big this is on the end of the "hump"

WIND A PROBLEM?: Not at all as the more forward balcony shields you in a sense

SOOT A PROBLEM?: Did get a little bit of diesel odor on a rougher day at sea if we were on the balcony or had the door open.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: No power outlet on headboard side of the room.

(pardon the mess in the pics, I didn't know I was going to share it when I took it, lol)

20151010_181706.jpg.56b548e174c2904ec8ef3b5269ee7aba.jpg

20151010_181702.jpg.9bfa2f5592ded9d3cee9f861aa311a01.jpg

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2151

Class – S1

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – n/a

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – No, noise from scraping chairs above heard early in the morning and sometimes later in the day. Noticeable, but didn't bother us much and didn't affect our sleep. Our neighbor (aft) was really bothered by the chairs, something to consider.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Nice corner aft with great view of aft of ship and can see around corner to the side of the ship if standing at the rail. Window washing equipment is outside the cabin on the side, so some obstruction in that direction, but didn't bother us.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized, very nice size.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No, never noticed.

Any specific problems with this cabin?There is also a pole next to the side of the bed, but didn't bother us but could be an issue for some.

Any other comments? Aft, so long walk to elevators. We knew all the issues going in, but loved the corner aft and the overhang above which shaded the balcony. We would book again.