Drink Package

Had the drink package two weeks ago, and if there was a max, I never hit it. I'd say that on sea days i was over 15 drinks/day and was never turned away for getting another too quickly. I never tried to get two at once without having two seapass cards in my hand so i cant comment on if they allow multiple drinks at a time or not.

No real wait time either, though you usually can't get more than one drink at a time.

Ahhh ok...I thought in order to avoid having folks buying more than one drink at a time, they had to wait a certain amount of time between drinks.

Ahhh ok...I thought in order to avoid having folks buying more than one drink at a time, they had to wait a certain amount of time between drinks.

You are probably thinking of the Freestyle machines where you must wait 15 minutes between fill ups.

I have not had to wait 15 minutes between drinks. This was only after one drink. If I kept ordering drink after drink with less than 15 minutes in between then they might say something, but I'm not sure. I have ordered a drink when I still had a drink that was half full. I told them I was going to take it to the room and they let me, which I did go back to the room. I didn't want to have to go out again for a drink when I was in for the evening.

I also can't imagine having 15 drinks, but I guess it's easy for some people. Between mixed drinks, special coffees, bottled water, fresh oj and sparkling water I don't think I have had 15 drinks in a day.

Frankly, I cannot imagine drinking 15 drinks a day but obviously people do it.

Lemme see......

Freshly squeezed orange, speciality coffee at breakfast (=2 drinks)

Two soda refills during morning (=4 drinks)

A beer with lunch(=5 drinks)

Two soda refills during afternoon(= 7 drinks)

A beer before going inside (=8 drinks)

Speciality coffee with a cake (=9 drinks)

Two pre dinner cocktails (=11 drinks)

Two glasses of wine with dinner (=13 drinks)

Cocktail in the theatre (=14 drinks)

Nightcap back to the cabin = 15 drinks

Lemme see......

I don't think soda counts torwards the drink count does it? I know it doesn't matter on RCI but I have a Carnival cruise booked. I know I'm a traitor but I'm giving them a try.

I don't think soda counts torwards the drink count does it? I know it doesn't matter on RCI but I have a Carnival cruise booked. I know I'm a traitor but I'm giving them a try.

Soda is part of the drink package so if you don't have a package you are paying for it by the drink. The example given was in response to posters indicating they could never drink 15 drinks a day. RC does not have the 15 drink limit, but people are using this as an example.

CCL's CHEERS package limits alcoholic drinks to 15 per day...all other non-alcoholic drinks are unlimited

Lemme see......

CHEERS!!!!!

Great explanation.

Great clarification and you like our family benefits from the package.

Thanks again.

Safe travels.

No, I do not believe there is a limit....you have to wait 15 minutes between drinks though

Never had a problem with wait time, but you cannot get two drinks at a time, UNLESS you have two sail pass cards that both have the drink package (husband gets drink for him and wife with his and her card). We have gotten a drink at one bar, taken a couple drinks and not liked it and picked up a new drink from the bar around the corner.

I was able to get 2 drinks very close together recently. An over-zealous attendant took away my barely touched beer when I was in the bathroom and I had no trouble getting another one right away. I didn't have to give any explanation.

Frankly, I cannot imagine drinking 15 drinks a day but obviously people do it.

I am assuming you mean alcoholic drinks. On a sea day I can see it. Mimosas or screwdrivers with breakfast, or maybe Bailey's or kahula and coffee, then a drink roughly an hour sitting by the pool, with lunch, etc. then a couple of glasses of wine w/ dinner, night caps and I don't think it would be that tough. We had a friend hit the 15 on a CCL cruise, fortunately it was the end of the night. Port days would be different too.

I was refused a drink on the Oasis of the seas at the diving show. I had about 20mls of a frozen drink left, and I tried to order from a roving waiter. I said I wanted to order a drink now because who knew when he was coming back my way and I wanted a drink "for" the show. By the time he came back with it I would have finished the remains of the one I had..... He wasn't convinced. Of course he took about 20 minutes which is fine. I don't tend to ask those waiters any more. I just go to the bar myself.

I never drink unless I am on vacation but I could easily drink 15 alcoholic drinks in a day. I don't think I have a drink problem though?

You are probably thinking of the Freestyle machines where you must wait 15 minutes between fill ups.

Maybe...that sounds very familiar. I don't ever drink soda so it's possible I read it here somewhere.

I was refused a drink on the Oasis of the seas at the diving show. I had about 20mls of a frozen drink left, and I tried to order from a roving waiter. I said I wanted to order a drink now because who knew when he was coming back my way and I wanted a drink "for" the show. By the time he came back with it I would have finished the remains of the one I had..... He wasn't convinced. Of course he took about 20 minutes which is fine. I don't tend to ask those waiters any more. I just go to the bar myself.

I never drink unless I am on vacation but I could easily drink 15 alcoholic drinks in a day. I don't think I have a drink problem though?

Did he specifically tell you why he was refusing to give you another drink? Did he say you had to wait because of the beverage package?