The Lost Coffee Card Club...

melodyina

Anyone wish to join me with this elusive club? I knew at the beginning of the cruise my coffee card would be difficult for me to keep track of and sure enough, day four, I lost it. Surely I can't be the only one.

I will now look for a pouched lanyard for future cruises, as little pieces of paper tend to go their own way.:o

My husband lost one on one of our Alaska cruises. It was only our third or fourth day out, too. We were out on the Whale's Mouth, freezing our buns off and switching back and forth between binoculars and cameras and putting on and taking off gloves. Most likely while taking the gloves out of his pockets the card probably fell out. And no, we had no luck with attempting to convince the barrister to give us a break. Lesson learned, never put coffee card in pockets.

Anyone wish to join me with this elusive club? I knew at the beginning of the cruise my coffee card would be difficult for me to keep track of and sure enough, day four, I lost it. Surely I can't be the only one.

I will now look for a pouched lanyard for future cruises, as little pieces of paper tend to go their own way.:o

We lost a coffee card in the Princess Theater one evening & shortly after the show returned to discover that it was gone & that maybe another passenger was now enjoying our coffee. :(

I went to the PSD to ask if anyone had turned in our card which had only 1 punch used but even the next day it had not been turned in there. One of the PSD agents generously reached into a drawer to give us a new coffee card which was nothing that was required to do. We truly lost a coffee card but maybe some passengers have tried to scam the system by claiming they've lost a card. It was greatly appreciated & we completed a "you made a difference" card as a small token of our appreciation! :)

I usually carry my cell phone & the coffee card frequently sticks to it's case so I need to be very cautious to not lose it again. :o

Edited by Astro Flyer

On our last cruise (South Pacific on the Crown), there was a woman crocheting little holders for a lanyard. I put in my coffee card, wine card.

This is one of the times Princess should get with the times (technology). How difficult would it be to 15 punches to your cruise card. Scan it when used.

But then you could only use it on one cruise.

DH lost his coffee card on one of our cruises. He buys one every three or four cruises for an after-dinner cappuccino. It was on the next to last night that he couldn't find it, and the assistant waiter gave him a cappuccino without the punch or charging him for it. We found the card when packing up after dinner the last night. It had fallen between the bed and nightstand. He still has several punches on the card left.

I found one on one of our cruises...lesson learned. I now write our last name on the back of the card with a Sharpie Marker.

Hopefully, with our name on it, the finder will turn it in.:eek:

We now do the same thing after losing a coffee card. :o

Edited by Astro Flyer

Wife uses a pouch lanyard.

I found one on one of our cruises...lesson learned. I now write our last name on the back of the card with a Sharpie Marker.

Hopefully, with our name on it, the finder will turn it in.:eek:

We lost one and thankfully a kind person had handed it in -- I remembered which holes were punched so could identify it. Now our name goes on the card.

This is one of the times Princess should get with the times (technology). How difficult would it be to 15 punches to your cruise card. Scan it when used.

I'd go for that!

I've paid for a coffee card already for my '17 Alaska cruise; my first one. I so hope I don't get to join that illustrious ? group.:rolleyes:

Edited by Treven

Yep - another member here. I've only lost it once. I went to the lobby bar and asked if someone had handed it in. Yep, someone had. However as my penance.....the nice server who sold it to me kindly didn't write the name of the ship on the back :) , but the guy who gave it back to me noticed and made sure the name of the ship was clearly written before handing it back :( ...

We will be taking our first Princess cruise next month. I have already purchased a coffee card online. So, what I'm understanding is the card is paper? is it about the same size as a the room key?

Both are about the size of a credit card & the coffee card is a coated paper.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Both are about the size of a credit card & the coffee card is a coated paper.

Now very thin and not as sturdy as the ones just a few months ago. Much easier to misplace and it gets bent up a lot easier as well.

We will be taking our first Princess cruise next month. I have already purchased a coffee card online. So, what I'm understanding is the card is paper? is it about the same size as a the room key?

I'd have said light card as opposed o paper but yep same size as room (cabin) key or credit card.

Our son lost his the first night after using it only one time in the dining room. He swears the assistant waiter never gave it back to him. But the waiter said he did.

We never thought of going to the PSD to check for it there. Just bought another one.

It fits perfectly in a small leather business card holder. When in a suite, its provided by princess, room card on one side, coffee card on other. I keep mine with my passport between cruises. But like I said, you can get a small business card holder and use it instead, and you always have a place for it without falling out of a pocket.