BOGO'S Back

Starting July 1,

image.jpg1_zps4mapyeyp.jpg

Beginning July 1st, guests that book a cruise reservation will get the cruise fare of the secong guests for 50% off. In addition, if they book a 2015 or 2016 holiday sailing, Royal Caribbean will cover their gratuities.

The new BOGO deal is valid on all sailings departing on or after Aug. 1, 2015. Offer excludes China departures, Anthem of the Seas sailings departing before April 29, 2016, and Ovation of the Seas sailings departing between December 15, 2016 and January 23, 2017.

The free gratuities offer is valid on all eligible sailings departing Dec. 15-31, 2015 or Dec. 15-31, 2016 for the first and second guests in the stateroom.

Cruise must be booked Juy 1- August 16, 2015.

BOGO offer is combinable with the adjoining Pre-Paid Gratuities offer, Crown & Anchor discounts, NextCruise offers, and Shareholder Benefits. BOGO offer is not combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military). Pre-Paid Gratuities offer is combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, BOGO) as well as NextCruise offers.

Pre-Paid Gratuities offer is not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts and Shareholder Benefits. Neither offer is combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, weekly Sales Events, Net Rates.

Offer open to residents of the United States or Canada.

Thanks to Matt for this info.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

My head is spinning trying to understand the combinations allowed:

BOGO offer is combinable with the adjoining Pre-Paid Gratuities offer, Crown & Anchor discounts, NextCruise offers, and Shareholder Benefits. BOGO offer is not combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military). Pre-Paid Gratuities offer is combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, BOGO) as well as NextCruise offers.

Pre-Paid Gratuities offer is not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts and Shareholder Benefits. Neither offer is combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, weekly Sales Events, Net Rates.

They are really good at playing "let's confuse the customer game":rolleyes:

This should help your head stop spinning. We just went out and looked at the cruise we have booked on Brilliance for NYE 2015, and even if this offer was combinable with every option on the list (or every option they've ever offered since Fain was in knickers), after they re-price our booking to take advantage of the free gratuities (-$129.50), we'd only have to pony up an additional $2,600 to keep the JS that we currently have:eek:

Edited by orville99

This should help your head stop spinning. We just went out and looked at the cruise we have booked on Brilliance for NYE 2015, and even if this offer was combinable with every option on the list (or every option they've ever offered since Fain was in knickers), after they re-price our booking to take advantage of the free gratuities (-$129.50), we'd only have to pony up an additional $2,600 to keep the JS that we currently have:eek:

Is this based on the website calculations or your own? Would the discount already be loaded on as it is bookings from July 1st?

Pathetic. Nice "sale" :rolleyes:

So. Just wondering. I booked during the 30/30 sale. I messed up and missed the BOGO and the price I booked at was significantly higher. If it's lower while I get a price reduction? Also just curious how much is a usual senior discount??

[/i]

I was thinking the exact same thing!! :eek:

I think I will stay put with the fees and discounts I currently have.

It will be interesting to see if this is as good as the just completed 30 for 30 sale.

First, thank you to the OP for posting this because I was just about to book NOS. We are a family of 5 looking at 2 interior staterooms.

So with the 30/30 sale a room for 2 adults normally runs $900/pp with the 10% off for the 30/30 it would be 1600. The kids would be 1600 plus 2/3 rate for the third for at total of 2180. (numbers are rounded/estimated for ease). For a grand total of 3780 before taxes and whatnot.

Using the same $900 nominal rate the adult room should become 1350 and the kids 1350 bogo plus an extra one at 2/3 for 630 (carry the 1, subtract the 2, multiply by 5 :D) gives us 1980 for a grand total of 3330. Making the BOGO a better deal.

However the real question is will they jack up the nominal room rate?;)

Edited by losbun

I have to agree with molly361, it sure sounds like "Abbot and Costello" are running the marketing department.

Is the new BOGO policy a double negative?

Can't wait to see what new "sale" they will offer on August 17th. :rolleyes: JK, I can wait.

Although I did okay on the cruises I currently have booked. :) And I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I'll probably never again be able to redeem my BofA rewards for a free or companion cruise but will use them for toward cruise price or OBC.

~ Judy

Is this based on the website calculations or your own? Would the discount already be loaded on as it is bookings from July 1st?

I used the website's numbers, and calculated the 50% off. Base price per person is listed as $3399, so second passenger would work out to $1699. When we booked during the original BOGO last May, the Base rate was $1579, and the second passenger was $790. $5,098-$2,369 = $2,729. $2,729-$129.50 = $2,599.50:eek:

Edited by orville99

First, thank you to the OP for posting this because I was just about to book NOS. We are a family of 5 looking at 2 interior staterooms.

So with the 30/30 sale a room for 2 adults normally runs $900/pp with the 10% off for the 30/30 it would be 1600. The kids would be 1600 plus 2/3 rate for the third for at total of 2180. (numbers are rounded/estimated for ease). For a grand total of 3780 before taxes and whatnot.

Using the same $900 nominal rate the adult room should become 1350 and the kids 1350 bogo plus an extra one at 2/3 for 630 (carry the 1, subtract the 2, multiply by 5 :D) gives us 1980 for a grand total of 3330. Making the BOGO a better deal.

However the real question is will they jack up the nominal room rate?;)

I don't see any mention in the flyer of 50% for 3rd and 4th passengers this time.

Would it work if one did a reservation and hold on June 30 in order to check if the prices get better or worse on July 1? I would expect in most cases prices will go up approx 25% to cover off the BOGHOFF sale.

Would it work if one did a reservation and hold on June 30 in order to check if the prices get better or worse on July 1? I would expect in most cases prices will go up approx 25% to cover off the BOGHOFF sale.

Yes that will work

I used the website's numbers, and calculated the 50% off. Base price per person is listed as $3399, so second passenger would work out to $1699. When we booked during the original BOGO last May, the Base rate was $1579, and the second passenger was $790. $5,098-$2,369 = $2,729. $2,729-$129.50 = $2,599.50:eek:

:eek: indeed!

Thanks for the explanation, I never get their calculations at the best of times!