Stay onboard after your cruise until sail away?

twobluecats

hello! Hubby and I just recently completed a B2B transatlantic and Norway on the Eclipse. I noticed folks had the option to pay a fee to stay onboard enjoying the amenities until one hour prior to sail away. Now, we are planning a cruise for November, and this could come in handy.

Does anyone have more details on this new ancillary up charge option? Can't find a thing with Celebrity, and I'm wondering if it's an option on all sailings. Any insight much appreciated!

Theresa

The Celebrity website says you can stay until 90 minutes before sailing on select European sailings. We were also on the Eclipse Transatlantic and Norways cruises and spoke with a couple who extended their stay after the Transatlantic. Many b2bers were sitting at al Bacio after we were asked to leave our cabins along with the extend your stay people. It got really crowded on boarding started. I wouldn't pay for it.

You all are great! Thank you for the info. For the life of me I couldn't think of the program name, so my search was fruitless. Bummed it's not available here in the good ol' USofA. But, we will just do something different for a few hours!

Cheers!

Theresa

Personally, I don't think this is a good idea. While disembarking is extremely traumatic [emoji23] the crew is under enough pressure on turnover day without having people hanging around expecting service. But anything for a buck (or a Euro!) I suppose...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hello! Hubby and I just recently completed a B2B transatlantic and Norway on the Eclipse. I noticed folks had the option to pay a fee to stay onboard enjoying the amenities until one hour prior to sail away. Now, we are planning a cruise for November, and this could come in handy.

Does anyone have more details on this new ancillary up charge option? Can't find a thing with Celebrity, and I'm wondering if it's an option on all sailings. Any insight much appreciated!

Theresa

My attitude is that the cruise is over after dinner on the final night. Breakfast on the final day doesn't count and by 9:00., it is time to get off and head home. Personally, I would not have the slightest interest in such a program.

DON

We did this on a cruise a couple of years ago and it was excellent. We are doing it again in July in Amsterdam. You have access to pools, the gym and buffet. No crazy fight to get taxis nor through immigration. We left the cabin at 8.30 and with the showers in the gym had a shower before we left. And when we did depart there were plenty of taxis as they were pulling in to drop the next cruisers at the port.

As someone who has actually done it we obviously highly recommend it. We usually stay at least that night at the arrival port and it's pot luck as to whether you can get into the hotel room at 10 am. This way we don't have to worry.

Theresa

We did it after our Med cruise on the equinox, and we enjoyed it very much. Others have said they wouldn't be interested, but not all of us enjoy the same things. We will do it again in a heartbeat.:):)

We have a back to back Oct/Nov but our daughter is only sailing the first leg before returning home from Barcelona. She has a late flight so it would be great if she could stay onboard with us. I've never heard of this before and it would be great if we could do this.

We did it after our Med cruise on the equinox, and we enjoyed it very much. Others have said they wouldn't be interested, but not all of us enjoy the same things. We will do it again in a heartbeat.:):)

I'm amazed the ship allows it. The ships are crazy enough between sailings. Yes, $$$$ is irresistible to X.
Not often one can totally agree with 2 opposing opinions . I agree with you both ! :D

We have completed a B2B in March. I don't get the paying to stay on board until 90 minutes before sail away.

The only time we had to get off was to set foot on the soil, and go thru the check in Kiosh. Didn't have to pay any extra and don't know why you would. After 9:00 am there really wasn't any food or drinks availbable except for the Cafe al Bacio until they opened around noon for the new crowd. Then that was part of what we paid for the next cruise.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

You were doing a back to back so of course you wouldn't pay extra. You can't really compare that with getting off at 8.30 and joining the queue for immigration and getting a taxi when several thousand people are trying to do the same. If I can avoid that experience I will. And the longer stay onboard is the perfect solution. The buffet opens for new comers and I don't need to eat within an hour of breakfast anyway so I don't care if other venues are closed until 11am. What is nice is to have the gym and pools to yourself in the meantime. Have a shower then some food and then walk off at leisure, cruise thru immigration and get a taxi straight to the hotel room. If you can't see the positives well, nothing more to say really.

We have completed a B2B in March. I don't get the paying to stay on board until 90 minutes before sail away.

Depends when your flight to home is scheduled. If it is at 10 PM, leaving the ship by 9 AM leaves a whole lot of time to spend somewhere. Might as well be on the ship for a good part of it.

Theresa

We just returned from a Vision of the seas cruise, not X I know, but the same group. And they were offering this option too.

Great for those who might have to hang around airports all day, but I agree, it may impact those preparing for the next passengers

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We just returned from a Vision of the seas cruise, not X I know, but the same group. And they were offering this option too.

Great for those who might have to hang around airports all day, but I agree, it must impact the staff preparing for the next lot of pax.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They've been offering that service for years, so the staff must be used to it by now. We paid for the 'Extend your Stay' option on Navigator back in (let me check my signature :D) 2011 or 2012 (can't remember which time :)).

They've been offering that service for years, so the staff must be used to it by now. We paid for the 'Extend your Stay' option on Navigator back in (let me check my signature :D) 2011 or 2012 (can't remember which time :)).

I didn't realise that. We've been on many RCI and Celebrity cruises and honestly I'm sure that was the first time I'd heard it being offered ( but that could be me not paying attention!)

I think it's great to have the choice to stay on board rather than hang around an airport for a day.

I didn't realise that. We've been on many RCI and Celebrity cruises and honestly I'm sure that was the first time I'd heard it being offered ( but that could be me not paying attention!)

I think it's great to have the choice to stay on board rather than hang around an airport for a day.

It was handy for us as our flight wasn't until early evening and the kids were a lot younger then - teens now, soon to be adults :D.