shareholder shipboard credit

John & Kay W

Here's a tip: if you book multiple cabins, you can get the shareholder OBC for each cabin. We travel with our teens, and usually book 2 cabins (one adult and one teen booked into each cabin). This gives us two shareholder OBCs.

The restrictions:

- There must be a shareholder in each cabin (in this case, DH and myself are both shareholders).

- EACH shareholder must own 100 shares. This means that you need to own 200 shares, with 100 in each person's name, OR have 200 shares in a joint account with both names on it (this is what we do).

Edited by helenb

Ok, here's my stupid question - and thanks in advance for bearing with my lack of knowledge about all this.

I have been following the price of CCL stock and it's at a low enough point to make me think I should invest. I have two upcoming cruises, but the next one leaves two weeks from tomorrow.

If I open an account with Scott or whomever and buy stock, does anyone have any idea of how long it would take to get a broker statement, or whatever the official piece of paper is that I have to send to Princess? How hard and firm is their 14 day deadline? Thought I would ask here first, as there are so many knowledgeable people, before contacting Princess or my TA, which of course I will do.

You should be able to go online and print the trade confirmation on the broker website. Print it and fax it to Princess.

• 1 year later...

As of 18 February 2017 on the Carnival Corp. website, the shareholder benefit for voyages on Carnival Corp. brands must be booked by 28 February 2017 and completed by 31 July 2017. Based on years of experience with using this shareholder benefit, we can only conclude that Carnival Corp., despite its high profitability is terminating this shareholder benefit. In past years, the company has always extended it well beyond the parameters of the current offer. We have been loyal Princess cruisers. But, we have noticed in the past three years a continuing cheapening of the product line with our on-board experience. Sad that another company regards its customers as expendable. :(

As of 18 February 2017 on the Carnival Corp. website, the shareholder benefit for voyages on Carnival Corp. brands must be booked by 28 February 2017 and completed by 31 July 2017. Based on years of experience with using this shareholder benefit, we can only conclude that Carnival Corp., despite its high profitability is terminating this shareholder benefit. In past years, the company has always extended it well beyond the parameters of the current offer. We have been loyal Princess cruisers. But, we have noticed in the past three years a continuing cheapening of the product line with our on-board experience. Sad that another company regards its customers as expendable. :(

A cutoff date is always on their website & on their shareholder's application form but it's renewed each March for another year. I'd recommend waiting until after March before getting upset about something that hasn't happened...ending the SOBC benefit.

The extension for another year is announced when the CCL Corp. annual report comes out, probably within the next 30 days.

It does depend on the stateroom you book also

Inside get $15 for 2-6 days and etc to $125 for over 17 days

Shareholder benefits have nothing to do with the type of cabin you book. It's set by Carnival Corporation, which is the parent company of Princess.

$50 OBC - any cruise of 6 days or less

$100 OBC - any cruise of 7 to 13 days

$250 OBC - any cruise of 14+ days

We have a balcony on the Carnival Breeze in two weeks for 7 days and have received the $100 OBC.

We have a porthole cabin in April on the Carnival Valor for 4 days and have received the $50 OBC.

It's the same thing for every Carnival Cruise or their fully owned subsidiary cruise lines. We used the same credit on HAL and Princess. If you cruise a lot, it's a great deal, especially for those 14 day cruises.

They only renew this program for a year at a time. They've made no announcements of ending it.

Finding an upto date shareholder obc form is quite difficult online. My point is there are loads of results for out of date ones. So this scenario you mention happens every year

I didn't use a form. Sent the proof of shares via fax on Friday afternoon it was on my account by Saturday morning.

The application form is not required but does ensure an accurate submission from passengers unsure of the procedure. They've said that too many requests are incomplete & thus they need to follow up with passengers which slows down issuing SOBC to all passengers.

The form explains the details & answers questions that are repeatedly asked on CC. The form's expiration date doesn't matter to them because it's the same form with an updated expiration each year. New expiration date forms are available each June after the program is extended every March.

This is the most current form:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=388078&d=1466095327

Thanks for reviving this thread. I just transferred money to purchase 100 shares of CCL on Tuesday. I will send in the form with the documentation and see what happens. Certainly worth the $9 trade fee if it is accepted.

If I used a TA (which I did), can I still send it directly to Princess or must my TA send it on my behalf?

Thanks for reviving this thread. I just transferred money to purchase 100 shares of CCL on Tuesday. I will send in the form with the documentation and see what happens. Certainly worth the $9 trade fee if it is accepted.

If I used a TA (which I did), can I still send it directly to Princess or must my TA send it on my behalf?

I always use a TA & directly fax my request to Princess. :)

I have a question. The form states that the CCL stock purchase must be at least 3 months prior to cruise date. Has anyone had experience with this requirement?

The form states "Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date." - not at least 3 months prior.

They don't always enforce this, but they want to make sure you still own the stock (within the last three months).

Ok, here's my stupid question - and thanks in advance for bearing with my lack of knowledge about all this.

I have been following the price of CCL stock and it's at a low enough point to make me think I should invest. I have two upcoming cruises, but the next one leaves two weeks from tomorrow.

If I open an account with Scott or whomever and buy stock, does anyone have any idea of how long it would take to get a broker statement, or whatever the official piece of paper is that I have to send to Princess? How hard and firm is their 14 day deadline? Thought I would ask here first, as there are so many knowledgeable people, before contacting Princess or my TA, which of course I will do.

I used to be able to just copy the top of the Positions page on Scottrade and it would show my stock holding, my NAME, and my account number. I would simply copy and past this info into a Word document, black out the account number, Add in my voyage info, etc. on the top of the page, and then fax it in. I just now looked and see that they have redesigned the Positions page and the name is gone. Sigh...

Since the account statement only comes out every three months you would need to call your local Scottrade office (the number can be found on the web site), explain your issue, and have them email you a document showing your holdings. It would take pretty much no time at all unless you tried on a weekend when the local office is closed. My closest local office is about 70 miles away but it's just a phone call...

After your initial issue you will be able to print out a statement every quarter. Sometimes that puts it pretty close to the sailing date but Princess should still accept it. If it's just too close for comfort (and it will be sometimes) just call. That's probably what I will have to do for my next cruise since they changed the Positions page info. I sail October 8 and the statement won't be until September 30. Waaaaaaaaay too close for me to risk blowing $250 in OBC.

The form states "Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date." - not at least 3 months prior.

They don't always enforce this, but they want to make sure you still own the stock (within the last three months).

I submit my request after final payment (usually 75 days) & it's quickly issued.

Previously many people requested it long before final payment & then canceled their cruise. So it wasted their time which also slows down processing requests from passengers who are more likely to sail after making final payment.

I used to be able to just copy the top of the Positions page on Scottrade and it would show my stock holding, my NAME, and my account number. I would simply copy and past this info into a Word document, black out the account number, Add in my voyage info, etc. on the top of the page, and then fax it in. I just now looked and see that they have redesigned the Positions page and the name is gone. Sigh...

Since the account statement only comes out every three months you would need to call your local Scottrade office (the number can be found on the web site), explain your issue, and have them email you a document showing your holdings. It would take pretty much no time at all unless you tried on a weekend when the local office is closed. My closest local office is about 70 miles away but it's just a phone call...

After your initial issue you will be able to print out a statement every quarter. Sometimes that puts it pretty close to the sailing date but Princess should still accept it. If it's just too close for comfort (and it will be sometimes) just call. That's probably what I will have to do for my next cruise since they changed the Positions page info. I sail October 8 and the statement won't be until September 30. Waaaaaaaaay too close for me to risk blowing $250 in OBC.

Did you have a problem since your name was not on the page? We use Schwab and they do the same thing, no name on the positions page.

Does Princess award the obc based on the share purchase date or do they wait until the settlement date, which is usually 3-4 days after the purchase transaction?

You need to have the shares listed on your brokerage statement. As long as they're there, Princess will give you the OBC.

Purchased 100 shares of CCL on Tuesday, faxed the statement from Scottrade along with the CCL Shareholder Benefit Request Form to Princess on Wednesday, the $250 OBC was in my reservation when I checked this morning (Thursday). Very efficient.

Our sail date is 3/15/17 so I beat the 14 day cut off by a week.

Thanks again for the heads up on this. I can use this to purchase the wine package.