Slooooow CC Roll Call

jpodds

Before any of you flame me and remind me that the cruise that I'm booked on is 270 some days away, I know...

That being said, the Cruise Critic Roll Call for my cruise is comatose. It is the Roll Call for the January 19th Reflection cruise. There are several cruises much further out (like in 2019, and I'm not talking about roll calls for Edge cruises) that have roll calls with double and triple the activity. I know that things will ramp up as January gets closer, but where are these people? I was the last poster and it was 2 weeks ago. On past cruises, we have had wonderfully active roll calls by this time on the calendar, I gleaned tons of good info, and made a bunch of friends before embarkation. I'm wondering if there is dialog on another platform, like the one whose name we are all forbidden to use...has anyone ever experienced this?

While I can only speak for myself, our pattern has become to only book our Celebrity cruises 2-3 months in advance.

We are currently onboard the Silhouette Transatlantic that we booked in February and are sailing Infinity next month which we booked just last month.

So is it possible not that many people on Cruise Critic are actually booked on your sailing as opposed to sitting on the sidelines and not participating on your roll call?

While I can only speak for myself, our pattern has become to only book our Celebrity cruises 2-3 months in advance.

We are currently onboard the Silhouette Transatlantic that we booked in February and are sailing Infinity next month which we booked just last month.

So is it possible not that many people on Cruise Critic are actually booked on your sailing as opposed to sitting on the sidelines and not participating on your roll call?

Based on the current pricing, the apparent sell out of all Aqua Class cabins, and the fact that this cruise is the first after refurbishment (generally desired by many), I'd say that the cruise is at least 60% sold. The cruise also includes the Martin Luther King holiday in its itinerary, again desired by many because of less time off of work for those who still work and aren't retired.

I find that roll calls for 7 day sailings much less active than for longer sailings. I assume that this is because most passengers are still working or have family obligations that keep them busier than those with the flexibility to take longer cruises. Not sure if this is the case in your situation.

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using Tapatalk

Of our 9 cruises, the 4 roll calls on Celebrity have been comparatively quiet to the ones we took on Carnival and RC. Not sure why.

Regarding roll calls, I like to chat it up a bit and get to know people a bit more. Many only want facts and details related to the cruise. Anyone who has sailed before probably already knows what to do.

I always wonder why you would want to meet up with people who don't want to get to know you first online...what will they have to say to me in person?

This next cruise we are sailing with friends that we met 9 years ago on our roll call. They do work if you put some effort into it

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Forums mobile app

The RC for Millie SB Alaska is a bit slow as well, even the sign up for MNG is lacking so some of us plan to have our own MNG in case we do not have 15 more sign up by sail date.... which is fine, for the most part.

bon voyage

Every roll call I have been a part of has been SO different. Some are so sleepy, and made me wonder about the cruise. On others, I have made friends in which I still keep in touch with today and had a wonderful time chatting before hand.

I am on a cruise in less than 2 months and the entire RC has been solely about tours. We do not take tours, we rent cars and DIY, so there really hasn't been any connections.[emoji12]

Nevertheless, I know we will have a blast and meet fun people.

I hope your RC picks up for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the Equinox (flying to Miami 9 months from today!) and there are currently 10 member on our roll call and it is also quiet. I just posted something hoping to get some replies - we will see.

Consider yourself lucky! MSC Roll Calls are really dead!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

LOL. If you really want to see slow roll calls, try Windstar. We're on the August 24, 2017 cruise out of Tahiti and there are all of 5 posts - ALL MINE!!

Your Celebrity roll call will pick up activity for sure.

David

Before any of you flame me and remind me that the cruise that I'm booked on is 270 some days away, I know...

That being said, the Cruise Critic Roll Call for my cruise is comatose. It is the Roll Call for the January 19th Reflection cruise. There are several cruises much further out (like in 2019, and I'm not talking about roll calls for Edge cruises) that have roll calls with double and triple the activity. I know that things will ramp up as January gets closer, but where are these people? I was the last poster and it was 2 weeks ago. On past cruises, we have had wonderfully active roll calls by this time on the calendar, I gleaned tons of good info, and made a bunch of friends before embarkation. I'm wondering if there is dialog on another platform, like the one whose name we are all forbidden to use...has anyone ever experienced this?

I'm scheduled on a cruise to the Panama Canal on January 20 and the roll call doesn't have very many people signed up yet. The person who signed up yesterday is someone we met on our Alaska cruise several years ago; we have since become good friends and cruised with them to Mexico two years ago so this will be our third cruise together. They live a few hours from us but do try to see each other when we can.

There might very well be a large group or two on your sailing, as dkjretired suggested.

We had a very sparse rollcall for a Celebrity cruise to Norway, a few years back. Turned out there were 800+ in a group (an Argentinian oil company) that brought their own entertainers, security, etc. on board. What a lively and interesting group!

Perry Grant was entertaining in Michaels that cruise, and instead of his usual packed house, there were maybe 6-8 of us in his audience. And the elite+ cocktail hour was definitely not crowded, to say the least.

We also have a very slow rollcall for an Alaskan cruise this summer on RCL. Did some research and found there is a large group of dentists on board! And someone else found a group of Shriners on the sailing. Good folks all. :D

Jan

We are sailing on June 16 -- only about 50 days away. And our roll call remains very slow. We've had quite a few people stop in to say they are on the cruise, and then never post again. I've tried to get some conversation going about excursions, and recently, upgrades, with little to no response. I guess it is just hit or miss.

We are sailing on June 16 -- only about 50 days away. And our roll call remains very slow. We've had quite a few people stop in to say they are on the cruise, and then never post again. I've tried to get some conversation going about excursions, and recently, upgrades, with little to no response. I guess it is just hit or miss.

We are on a 9-day Adriatic cruise in mid-July and our roll call is dead as well. This is the first cruise in several years that we have not been on with family or friends. We always seem to meet people on cruises and many have been through roll calls, but honestly, we're happy just to be going on a great cruise and getting to see new places and relaxing and having a great time.