Eclipse Live From Oasis

It was similar to sunset/twilight - it was dark; the street lights came on.

The next total solar eclipse is 2024, although there's an annular in 2023.

Actually, there will be another one on July 2, 2019, that will pass through some of the French South Pacific Islands, but will pass directly through San Juan, Chile (outside of Santiago) and Buenos Aires, Argentina. However, the next one that will hit US territory will be in 2024, and will pass through Buffalo, Cleveland and Dallas.

Actually, there will be another one on July 2, 2019, that will pass through some of the French South Pacific Islands, but will pass directly through San Juan, Chile (outside of Santiago) and Buenos Aires, Argentina. However, the next one that will hit US territory will be in 2024, and will pass through Buffalo, Cleveland and Dallas.

And southern Illinois again.:)

And southern Illinois again.:)

Yes! I just mentioned the major cities for reference. I think if I were to ever go and see an eclipse, I would want to go to a less populated place, like Southern Illinois, instead of a major city like Charleston or Dallas. I feel like I'd enjoy the experience a little more!

We drove to Marshall, MO to see the eclipse, about 89 miles from where we live in Kansas. Marshall was in the center of the path of totality. It was cloudy, but we could see blue sky coming our way and the clouds began to clear when the eclipse started. Seeing the first part was not always clear, but when the shadow of the moon covered the sun completely, it was clear then and as the shadow left the sun. It was truly awesome! :)

Being on a cruise ship for this would make it better, I guess, but I'm not complaining! :)