No GTY cabin assignment for June 3rd sailing on Royal Princess

gymlt

I wonder how many guests haven't received the cabin assignment for GTY category? I have 9 days to sailing and no cabin assignment. The ship is sold out.

Most likely will be assigned before the cruise and NOT be assigned at the pier.

A GTY......Usually can be/assigned sometime/anytime up to a day or 2 before your cruise. Very rarely assigned at the pier. You can access bag tags/travel summary on the Princess cruise personalizer on the Princess website up to sailing day. The cabin assignment will be noted there.

Sometimes people think it was assigned at the pier but had they checked the personalizer the night before their cruise they may have seen the cabin assignment at that time. Hope this makes sense.

Just because it says sold out does not mean they won't have a cabin for you. Princess keeps cabins behind the scenes. They have been doing this forever and have it down to a science. You will have a cabin.

I assume that you are looking at your Cruise Personalizer to see if there is a cabin assigned. Don't expect to get an email or call from Princess. Your cabin assignment will simply show up like magic on your Personalizer and should do so within the next few days.

Thanks for your replys. I was never before that close to sailing without the cabin assigned. You hear they can asign your cabin the day before or day of sailing, just never think it will happen to you.

You may not get your cabin assignment until you board.

Had that happen a couple of times.

No idea why people book guarantee cabins if they're going to stress over when it'll be allocated.

I book guarantees a lot of the time. The latest we've seen our assignment on the Cruise Personalizer is Wednesday before a Saturday cruise--while we had already started our cruise tour in Fairbanks.

I book guarantees a lot of the time. The latest we've seen our assignment on the Cruise Personalizer is Wednesday before a Saturday cruise.

Latest we have had was 24 hours before embarkation, while we were on a plane flying to the embarkation port.

Had that happen a couple of times.

No idea why people book guarantee cabins if they're going to stress over when it'll be allocated.

I think the stress is related to the recent spat of "overbooking" issues with the US airlines. Those with guarantee cabins (including us) just want to be sure we don't arrive at the pier only to be told...no room at the inn.

The consensus is that if we have a guaranteed cabin, we will get a cabin.....so, even though we're past final payment with no assigned cabin, I'm now 99% comfortable that we'll be on the ship when it sails..

I think the stress is related to the recent spat of "overbooking" issues with the US airlines. Those with guarantee cabins (including us) just want to be sure we don't arrive at the pier only to be told...no room at the inn.

The consensus is that if we have a guaranteed cabin, we will get a cabin.....so, even though we're past final payment with no assigned cabin, I'm now 99% comfortable that we'll be on the ship when it sails..

The first time we heard about the idea of a guarantee cabin was 13 years ago. We meant a couple while standing in the check in line before boarding and they had booked the cruise late because some friends were on the ship and talked them into coming along. The only thing available was a guaranteed obstructed oceanview category cabin when they booked and they still hadn't received a cabin assignment when they left home that morning. They ended up with a very nice Caribe balcony cabin 2 cabins over and below us (we were on the Baja level). Sometimes things work out better than you might expect. :);):D

And if they don't have a cabin for you, they'll give what will likely be a fantastic "move over" offer.

Some move over offers are amazing!!