Oceania Club loyalty rewards question

Go-Bucks!

Was reading the reward list by loyalty category and am unsure what one of them means. I'm sure you experts can answer my question. ;)

Starting with the Gold category (and up), it lists "two complimentary Custom Air Fee Waivers (a value of $350)". What are these, how do they work and why would someone want them?

One other question: after we sail on our first Oceania cruise of 7 days, we will only earn one loyalty credit, right? It says the Blue category (lowest) requires 2 credits, so someone would have to sail on at least 2 cruises to even qualify for joining Oceania Club?

Was reading the reward list by loyalty category and am unsure what one of them means. I'm sure you experts can answer my question. ;)

Starting with the Gold category (and up), it lists "two complimentary Custom Air Fee Waivers (a value of $350)". What are these, how do they work and why would someone want them?

One other question: after we sail on our first Oceania cruise of 7 days, we will only earn one loyalty credit, right? It says the Blue category (lowest) requires 2 credits, so someone would have to sail on at least 2 cruises to even qualify for joining Oceania Club?

This means on your second cruise , from the start, you will be Blue.... On the start of each cruise you are credited with that status for that cruise...you don't have to wait till the end to reap the benefit:D.

The air credit is called a deviation and that what you would pay to O for the privileged of picking your own deparutre/flights and return. Since many take the O air credit and do their own wit FF points getting a cheaper fare and not having to purchase a deviation at all.....

• 2 months later...
This means on your second cruise , from the start, you will be Blue.... On the start of each cruise you are credited with that status for that cruise...you don't have to wait till the end to reap the benefit:D.

Let's say you have 4 cruises completed, does this mean O will add $200 to our onboard account when we set sail on our 5th cruise since we will be at the Bronze level?

Going one step farther, if we are on a B2B cruise and the second leg of that cruise will be our 10th cruise, which moves us to Silver status, will they automatically put $400 OBC in our account as well as include free gratuities?

That would of course be great news if the answer was yes to both of those situations as we are planning a variety of O cruises the next 2-3 years!

Let's say you have 4 cruises completed, does this mean O will add $200 to our onboard account when we set sail on our 5th cruise since we will be at the Bronze level?

Yes you will find the card with confirmation in your cabin

Going one step farther, if we are on a B2B cruise and the second leg of that cruise will be our 10th cruise, which moves us to Silver status, will they automatically put $400 OBC in our account as well as include free gratuities?

YES at the start of the 10th cruise unless it is a GV then it may be different

That would of course be great news if the answer was yes to both of those situations as we are planning a variety of O cruises the next 2-3 years!

Enjoy

YES at the start of the 10th cruise unless it is a GV then it may be different Enjoy

My experience with changing levels on a GV is that we got the perks on the whole cruise with what the second leg gave us.

Lot's of factors in play though, your cruise would have to qualify for 2 or more credits. Many GV's don't.

My experience with changing levels on a GV is that we got the perks on the whole cruise with what the second leg gave us.

Lot's of factors in play though, your cruise would have to qualify for 2 or more credits. Many GV's don't.

As it turns out right now, our 5th (26 days) and 10th (36 days) cruises will start at the beginning of each cruise rather than on the 2nd or 3rd leg. However, that is good info to know in case we add another cruise between now and then. Thanks!

as I said

unless it is a GV then it may be different

Just like your experience

It may also depend on the length of the GV if under 24 days the person may not get the extra credit to make it to the next level as you stated

I have only done B2B's not GV for that reason

Edited by LHT28

Hi! We currently have 8 cruise credits. Next March, we are booked on Marina for a 30 day cruise (one booking #) from Papeete to LA. We were originally booked on Sirena for a similar itinerary, but Sirena was reassigned, and we eventually settled for this B2B as a replacement.

Since this new 30 day cruise is worth 2 cruise credits, will we get prepaid gratuities for the entire 30 day cruise, and $400 OBC? From what I have been reading, the answer appears to be "yes".

Also, will we be able to book 2 reservations at each of the specialty restaurants when reservations open on line?

Thanks! :D

Since this new 30 day cruise is worth 2 cruise credits, will we get prepaid gratuities for the entire 30 day cruise, and $400 OBC? From what I have been reading, the answer appears to be "yes".

Probably yes

It should have some notation on your invoice for the PPG & OBC

but I would confirm this with Oceania or your TA

Probably yes

It should have some notation on your invoice for the PPG & OBC

but I would confirm this with Oceania or your TA

LHT28, you say probably. To me if you get OBC, you should get everything at that level-so why wouldn't you get PPG. I did call "O" and was told if your trip brings you to the next level you get that level for that trip/

Rick

LHT28, you say probably. To me if you get OBC, you should get everything at that level-so why wouldn't you get PPG. I did call "O" and was told if your trip brings you to the next level you get that level for that trip/

Rick

I said probably because I have never booked a GV only B2B where if the level changes during the cruise that is when the new perks kick in

It would be noted on their invoice or they could have called O just as you did

• 1 month later...

I have three cruises with Oceania two ten day cruises and one fourteen day cruise. All three cruises are shown in my account. My Membership Levels shows two cruises and I need three more credits to reach Bronze Status.

I requested the account be corrected using their on line form a couple of weeks ago. I receive a confirmation that my request was received, No one contacted me after a week. I called in spoke to a representative who told me to send an E-mail to the Loyalty Department, I sent an E-mail to the Loyalty Department with the booking codes and all the sailing dates. A representative called and said she would review the information and get back to me. The representative never called back. I sent an E-mail to my agent at Oceania Cruise no reply.

The parent company is NCL. Do I have to write to NCL to have the account updated. I was planning another cruise but I don't want to take another cruise with Oceania if they are not going to post the cruise credits to my account.

I have three cruises with Oceania two ten day cruises and one fourteen day cruise. All three cruises are shown in my account. My Membership Levels shows two cruises and I need three more credits to reach Bronze Status.

I requested the account be corrected using their on line form a couple of weeks ago. I receive a confirmation that my request was received, No one contacted me after a week. I called in spoke to a representative who told me to send an E-mail to the Loyalty Department, I sent an E-mail to the Loyalty Department with the booking codes and all the sailing dates. A representative called and said she would review the information and get back to me. The representative never called back. I sent an E-mail to my agent at Oceania Cruise no reply.

The parent company is NCL. Do I have to write to NCL to have the account updated. I was planning another cruise but I don't want to take another cruise with Oceania if they are not going to post the cruise credits to my account.

If it were me I would be calling my Oceania personal cruise consultant (not emailing), tell her what's happen so far and ask her to please check it our for me. Knowing her as we do, she would find out what's going on and get back with us especially if she knows we're looking to booking another cruse.

Have you sailed already on the 3 cruises?

Were any of then a Grand Voyage ?

If it were me I would be calling my Oceania personal cruise consultant (not emailing), tell her what's happen so far and ask her to please check it our for me. Knowing her as we do, she would find out what's going on and get back with us especially if she knows we're looking to booking another cruse.
I placed a call to her this morning and left a message.

The first cruise was out of Papeete, Tahiti for ten days.

The second cruise was from Capetown to Rio de Janeiro 14 days

The third cruise was out of Miami for ten days.

Then your agent should be able to sort it out for you since you have already sailed & have the booking numbers

Under MY ACCOUNT it should show which ones you have credit for so then you can tell what cruise credit is missing

Just to correct this, Oceania is owned by NCLH. That is a holding company that owns Regent Seven Seas and has part interest in NCL. Might have changed since I invested last. (missed a good ride again)

Contacting NCL would be as useful as contacting Regent. Contacting NCLH would be as (not) useful as contacting Berkshire Hathaway to sort out an issue with your Geico insurance.

Under MY ACCOUNT it should show which ones you have credit for so then you can tell what cruise credit is missing

As LHT28 advises find out which one is missing and then as per Ken the cruiser simply phone O. I agree with him. The phone is a very effective, though old fashioned tool

Being as you do not have a TA, call O and ask for Loyalty rewards department. If they say then cant transfer you directly, and maybe they are not allowed, the just ask for a supervisor as the CSR who booked your cruise is not responding. That CSR in any case does bookings and would need to the Loyalty department to sort the issue so they will not have an instant answer. Getting in touch with the rewards dept would be more efficient I think if you can speak with them directly.

Just to correct this, Oceania is owned by NCLH. That is a holding company that owns Regent Seven Seas and has part interest in NCL. Might have changed since I invested last. (missed a good ride again)

Contacting NCL would be as useful as contacting Regent. Contacting NCLH would be as (not) useful as contacting Berkshire Hathaway to sort out an issue with your Geico insurance.

As LHT28 advises find out which one is missing and then as per Ken the cruiser simply phone O. I agree with him. The phone is a very effective, though old fashioned tool

Being as you do not have a TA, call O and ask for Loyalty rewards department. If they say then cant transfer you directly, and maybe they are not allowed, the just ask for a supervisor as the CSR who booked your cruise is not responding. That CSR in any case does bookings and would need to the Loyalty department to sort the issue so they will not have an instant answer. Getting in touch with the rewards dept would be more efficient I think if you can speak with them directly.

NCLH doesn't have a "part interest" in NCL that's any different than its corporate relationship with Regent Seven Seas and Oceania. NCLH is the parent holding company of all three. Ownership of any and all of the three resides in the stockholders of NCLH, which is a publicly traded corporation listed on NASDAQ . The stockholders, whether institutional or individual, don't own a different percentage of NCL vs. Oceania vs Regent, they hold shares of the parent, NCLH.

But you're right that the OP's contacting NCL (the cruise line) makes no sense because NCL (the cruise line) doesn't control Oceania (the cruise line) or Regent (the cruise line )in any way.

I did speak to someone in the Loyalty Department they were going to check and get back to me. I am having my travel agent work on it now. This is what I submitted to Oceania and they can review my account. "MY ACCOUNT: OCEANIA CLUB

You have 2 Cruise Credit(s)

You need 3 more credit to reach Bronze status

Loyalty Number:

Past Cruises

MIAMI to MIAMI

MAYAN MOSAIC

Details:

This cruise was 10 Days aboard Unknown in cabin #.

FEB 08 2017 To FEB 18 2017 Booking #:

CAPE TOWN to RIO DE JANEIRO

SOUTHERN SEAS

Details:

This cruise was 14 Days aboard Unknown in cabin #.

NOV 28 2015 To DEC 12 2015 Booking #:

PAPEETE (TAHITI) to PAPEETE (TAHITI)

PICTURESQUE POLYNESIA

Details:

This cruise was 10 Days aboard Unknown in cabin #.

MAR 25 2015 To APR 04 2015 Booking #:"

If my agent is unable to resolve I will have to right a letter to NCL.