Enhanced Suite program coming? "Royal Perks"

I just read the transcripts of the earnings call yesterday, and they mentioned an upcoming enhancement to the Royal Caribbean ships to their suite program, following on the success of Celebrity doing so with its Suite Perks program.

I believe her referred to it as "Royal Perks" and said its rolling out in the next 4-6 WEEKS.

Is there any information about what enhancements may be coming?

I have just found this: http://www.thestreet.com/story/13240519/1/royal-caribbean-cruises-rcl-earnings-report-q2-2015-conference-call-transcript.html

Page 12 mentions the suite class quoting '...We're going to roll that out literally in the coming six to seven weeks and its focus very much on inventory in 2016 from spring forward...' This indicates that it will not be introduced onto ships until Spring 2016 (as originally advised) and in fact the release of information may now be further delayed. In the press launch for 100 days until Anthem, there was a statement mentioning that from around 16th July, the announcement of the Royal Suite Class would be within the next 30 days - that now puts it at within the next 2 weeks or so.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

I'd love it if this was true. Last I read here, I think on the thread Clarea posted, they would not come out until 2016. I think before that it was spring the announcement would be made. Now, well into summer, maybe we'll get some more bread crumbs soon!! :p

Celebrity suite perks are based off of suite category you stay in-correct???

Thanks cle-guy...there is hope again!!! :D

Thanks Cruisingthesuitelife

I copied and pasted the blurb for those who did not want to scroll through the 12 pages!! LOL;)

Hi, Dan its Michael. I think you may be referring to the Royal suite class program that we have - we are about to introduce. We haven't introduced it yet. We're going to roll that out literally in the coming six to seven weeks and its focus very much on inventory in 2016 from spring forward. And that's really part of our focus on segmenting the market segmenting our distribution and making sure that we can provide the kind of product that we think people are willing and able to pay a premium for. So we do have plans on generating an increase in yield in our premium accommodations through the introduction of Royal suite class. That's the program that we are introducing.

Celebrity has had the suite-class in place now I guess for about a year and a quarter, a year and an half. And I think they found out to be quite successful in terms of offering the kind of premium space with a premium on it. The people are certainly willing and able to pay for it. As long as you can bundle the right products and services into that category. We are looking at other categories within the Royal fleet and we think there are further opportunities there.

With you're guys' clarification, sounds to me like they will announce the benefits of program soon, but it won't take effect on ships 'till 2016.

Celebrity announced their suite perks program almost a year prior to it being available, so assume something similar here.

I have avoided RCL ships so far due to a dull suite program. I think many of the suites look BEAUTIFUL, but seem to be lacking in service (i.e. Butler) and perks.

I really hope the RCL program nearly mirror's that on X. I sailed X suites before and post Suite perks, and they have really done something special with the Suite perks program, and the personalized services.

Someone asked for a link to the transcript. Here you go:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13240519/1/royal-caribbean-cruises-rcl-earnings-report-q2-2015-conference-call-transcript.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

Contrary to what was stated that X's program has been in effect for over a year, the bulk of the new program launched in April of this year, the only real perk that rolled out early was the private Michael's Club lounge for the superior (i.e. not entry level "Sky" suites).

Edited by cle-guy

I'd love it if this was true. Last I read here, I think on the thread Clarea posted, they would not come out until 2016. I think before that it was spring the announcement would be made. Now, well into summer, maybe we'll get some more bread crumbs soon!! :p

Celebrity suite perks are based off of suite category you stay in-correct???

Celebrity's program boils down to:

• All suites get access to the new dedicated private restaurant, Luminae.
  • Celebrirty Suites add access to Michael's Club Lounge
  • Royal Suites and above add unlimited specialty dining, internet, premium beverages and mini bar

All suites then get a host of other perks. Here's a link to the Suite Perks FAQ with Celebrity for specifics.

Edited by cle-guy

thanks cle-guy for the link.

Being that Celebrity does not have family suites, I wonder where they might fit in the suite perks if Royal does a mirror image to Celebrity?

Celebrity had a cabin category called Family Veranda that sleep 5. This cabin category remains a standard veranda cabin for the consideration of perks. Some people mistakenly refer to them as Family Suites, but they are not suites, even though they gave the separate sleeping berths.

If you are talking about the newer configurations on RCL ships where 1 suite, a veranda and an inside cabin commingle with each other, I imagine that if the suite guests has arranged connection to 1 or both the others, then all guests would get the suite perks, based on the lowest level of suite. Celebrity does make some allowance for families with kids when they have a suite and another cabin booked, but the extra room basically gets to "tag along" with mom and dad but won't for example get the free beverage package offered on the premium suites, but they can go to Michael's club with Mom and Dad. I should note this is not a written, documented perk, but in practice, it boils down to asking the Michael's Club concierge (who looks after the premium i.e. NOT entry level Sky suites) once on board and they are quite helpful.

But do note celebrity does not really cater to kids. They are kid friendly, but other than holiday and Bermuda sailing, kids aren't abundant on the ships, so a formal policy isn't really needed. RCL on the other hand, need to consider this.

Edited by cle-guy

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but we're doing a B2B in an OS on Freedom the weeks of 9/6 and 9/13, so this could possibly be good news for us.

No chance for this year. Once they announce the new program and perks in the package, cabin fares have to be increased to cover those costs. As they current sailing year is already in place with lots of reservations booked, and cabins sold at standard fares, they won't give out a host of perks for free. The program will clearly be offered only on the new sailing season, or perhaps very late in our current published sales cycle.

As I mentioned, X announced more than a year out, and when they did there was a marked increase in suite fares.

If you are talking about the newer configurations on RCL ships where 1 suite, a veranda and an inside cabin commingle with each other,

But do note celebrity does not really cater to kids. They are kid friendly, but other than holiday and Bermuda sailing, kids aren't abundant on the ships, so a formal policy isn't really needed. RCL on the other hand, need to consider this.

I was actually referring to the Royal family suites that currently come with royals full suite perks. I'm curious where this stateroom could fall in the tiered suite perks that Royal is saying will be similar to celebrity.

More stuff to ponder..........;)

Again, thanks cle-guy for your information and insight on the Celebrity experience..

No chance for this year. Once they announce the new program and perks in the package, cabin fares have to be increased to cover those costs. As they current sailing year is already in place with lots of reservations booked, and cabins sold at standard fares, they won't give out a host of perks for free. The program will clearly be offered only on the new sailing season, or perhaps very late in our current published sales cycle.

As I mentioned, X announced more than a year out, and when they did there was a marked increase in suite fares.

They have suggested that the programme will be in effect from Spring 2016 - sail dates which are already on sale. Unless I have mis-understood, from what you have put above, it seems to indicate that you think that it will not come into effect until future cruise releases, so 2017?!

People already note an increase in the suite fare since March this year (release for cruises from 2016 onwards), so perhaps they have already started the increase to cover the roll out from Spring 2016. I have no doubt it will increase further over time.

I was actually referring to the Royal family suites that currently come with royals full suite perks. I'm curious where this stateroom could fall in the tiered suite perks that Royal is saying will be similar to celebrity.

More stuff to ponder..........;)

Again, thanks cle-guy for your information and insight on the Celebrity experience..

Lets' talk numbers...

Celebrity ships basically have:

• 50 Sky suites (+/- based on Smaller M class or Larger S class, and its newest ship reflection has a few more)
  • 8/12 Celebrity Suites (M-class/S-Class)
  • 5 Signature suites (only on Reflection and part of the Reflection Suite private area)
  • 8 Royal Suites
  • 2 Penthouses (Reflection has only 1)
  • 1 Reflection Suite (only on Reflection)

So the majority of suites get limited perks - Sky Suites.

As to pricing:

• Sky suites are double price of Standard veranda cabins. ($5,198 vs. $2,398)
  • Celebrity suite Costs $1,500 more than Sky suite ($6,598)
  • Signature Suite costs $8,398 - only on Reflection
  • Royal Suites cost $3,000 more than Celebrity Suite ($9,598)
  • Penthouse costs $5,500 more than Royal suite ($14,998)
  • Reflection suite usually prices out about $24,000 for a 7 day (it has 2 full bedrooms and bathrooms)

Figures based on pricing of 7 Night Western Caribbean on Eclipse sailing Feb 21, 2016. Signature Suite and Reflection suite pricing from Reflection Feb 6 7 night Eastern Caribbean night sailing

As I'm not intimately familiar with RCL's suites, perhaps you could add to this as to what RCL suite types would fall within the X suites in your opinion, based on the supply of suites and cost variances between them....that wiped give some idea as to what suites might get perks at each step....

Edited by cle-guy

They have suggested that the programme will be in effect from Spring 2016 - sail dates which are already on sale. Unless I have mis-understood, from what you have put above, it seems to indicate that you think that it will not come into effect until future cruise releases, so 2017?!

People already note an increase in the suite fare since March this year (release for cruises from 2016 onwards), so perhaps they have already started the increase to cover the roll out from Spring 2016. I have no doubt it will increase further over time.

All hypothetical of course. How much of a price increase have people seen for these cruises, is it similar to fare increases across the board, or is it a 10% or higher amount? X suites went up at least 10% if not more, where standard cabins remained relatively flat in pricing for cruises that started this April when the full program rolled out. When they added Michaels' club (the only perk that started at the time of the announcement), there was a slight increase, but it wasn't as dramatic as the official program that happened a year later.

I think there will be a dribble of added perks in 2016 most of which will cost nothing, like priority luggage disembarkation, priority Immigration clearance, priority tendering, Private lounge access, those sorts of things, and the official start will be in 2017 when perks like laundry, internet, drink packages and such that DO cost money will be implemented.

Edited by cle-guy

Unfortunately it has been hijacked! No big surprise there!

Not a surprise though. It has been active for months waiting on the announcement that was to happen in the spring, and has yet to come. It sounds as though it will be another 6-8 months to roll out.

This is more like a government funded program that will be announced 4 times before it ever comes to fruition. ;)

Thanks again cle-guy. Seems the Royal Family Suite could very well fall into the limited suite perks category if that's where the new program is going.

As for suite prices:

My January cruise has doubled in price since I booked it!:eek: That's why I was hoping it meant the new program would be rolled out in 2016.

It seems the Celebrity program has a dedicated restaurant. That is fine for ships with Coastal Kitchen, but how about rest of fleet? How was Lumiare added to celebrity

Celebrity took a small portion of the MDR space (about 120 of the seats in the MDR fixed seating section became about 100 seats in Luminae) and walled it off and built Luminae while at sea over about 2 weeks on each ship this spring.

I've never sailed anyone but X, but basically the MDR had 2 entrances on the main floor, and 1 of those entrances became the Luminae entrance, the other side/wing remains the only entrance to the MDR now. Celebrity offers "Select/Anytime" dining on the upper floor of the MDR, and back when they added BLU to the smaller M class ships over 2012/2013, they did the same thing up there, removing 1 of the 2 entrances and a wing to dedicate to BLU.

Following are the prices at which we booked and prices as of today. These include our Diamond Plus discounts.

Cabin- Sail Date Booked Price Price Today Available Cabins

L1 C/L-5-29-16-Allure 4789 6163 L1 C/L-8

Family Vacation

Grand Suites (3) 3389 6583 G/S-4

L1 C/L-8-27-16-Oasis 6031 6387 L1 C/L-14

L1 C/L-10-8-16-Oasis 5476 5788 L1 C/L-14

Owner Suite 1-15-17-Oasis 5531 6084 O/S-9

L1 C/L-4-22-17-Harmony 4719 6701 L1 C/L-10

It appears adjustments have been made to reflect the new upgrades to the Suite Benefits that are to start next spring. In the past we always booked as far out as possible. It will be interesting to see the Suite pricing when the next set of schedules are opened.