Does anyone recommend 14 night exotic caribbean cruise on Eclipse????

portcbob

We did this cruise this past March and loved it. Were surprised how many people in the Roll Call had done it before and keep coming back -- it's the best cruise in the Caribbean! Best ship, best itinerary. The Hot Glass Show was a surprise hit for DW and me. Each port has something different, but if a port doesn't appeal the ship is a destination in itself. And much superior to our cruise on NCL Dawn in 2013 [and from what I read on the NCL forum, the atmosphere onboard NCL has gone downhill since then with extra charges every time you turn around].

We have sailed this itinerary many years now - it started with Constellation and as it became more popular they moved it to the Eclipse. We now sail it as a B2B for a month and it is always end of Jan. to Feb. Lots of people sail it for a month. Being a 2 week sailing, there are very few, if any, children on board. It is an older crowd, many don't like music out by the pool, and the ship is usually dead by midnight. Because we have been to the Caribbean many times we don't get off the ship and thoroughly enjoy port days when the ship is mostly to ourselves.

But all the ports are great, the weather is lovely, being that far south, you can count on sunny days. The ship is beautiful, food is wonderful, and it is a nice group of people on board.

I give this sailing two big thumbs up!

I have to agree that it is an amazing cruise. We did it last year and will repeat it next year. It is the first time we will have done the same cruise twice. I enjoy Celebrity more than NCL however I definitely enjoyed our only NCL cruise. As previously noted, there should be few kids or teens on a 14 day cruise. Can't comment on any comparison to cruises local to Australia however I can confirm that the weather will be warm and water activities should be comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

We took it last year and we're booked again for next March. We aren't particularly happy with the overnight stay in Barbados, as it means we don't get to stop in Grenada this time, but that certainly isn't a deal breaker. Depending on which date you pick, your overnight might be in Curacao.

I hate cold weather. I enjoy cruising in the Caribbean in the winter. I have sailed on the Eclipse 14 nights in Jan. 2014 and 2015. Nice cruise. Ship is gorgeous and staff is superb. Keep in mind that Florida can be hot or cool in January. On both Eclipse cruises, as we left and arrived in Florida, the temperature was about 60F. If you like it warmer from start to end of your cruise, go to San Juan. We are on the Summit b2b in January 2016. We will be back on the Eclipse in January 2017. Summit has canceled many of the 2017 winter cruise. Not sure why this has happened.

Hi Celebrity Cruisers.

We are a middle aged couple from the Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA and looking at perhaps booking the 14 night exotic Caribbean cruise aboard the Celebrity Eclipse. If we do this trip it would be the first time on a Celebrity ship as we normally cruise with Norwegian.

Would the eclipse be at least as good or better than the Norwegian ships.

Is this itinerary a nice one for the Caribbean and would March be a good time, weather wise for this cruise??????

Sorry about these questions, however we don't know much about it at all.

Thankyou so much for anyone that can assist.

Cheers Bob & Christine.

Definitely would not recommend this cruise absolutely terrible

Then maybe I could get the cabin I want 😜😜😜

It's fantastic

We took it last year and we're booked again for next March. We aren't particularly happy with the overnight stay in Barbados, as it means we don't get to stop in Grenada this time, but that certainly isn't a deal breaker. Depending on which date you pick, your overnight might be in Curacao.

Not quite sure how they will handle the overnight in Curaçao if they cannot get in, as we couldn't in April 2013 ( Easter Monday) It was too windy, so we had an extra sea day.

IMO it's the best itinerary in the Caribbean, anything less than 14 nights is not worth the airfare. Although our 2nd week was Easter week, there were relatively few families on board. Certainly not Spring break students, as I believe they take the shorter cruises.

We sailed out of Fort Lauderdale, but the ship has now moved to Miami.

There's no telling who the CD will be, as Sue Denning will be moving to Millennium in January, although she considered Eclipse as 'her ship.'

We have done this cruise twice with our 3 children and all of us loved it. There is something for everyone onboard celebrity ships and with this southern itinerary you just can't go wrong. We are trying the Equinox in a few months for a new experience and I bet it will be great to.

Enjoy your trip !!

DW and I did this cruise in 2012 and highly recommend it. The only complaint is that during the first week the main stage entertainment was rather repetitious. I'm guessing someone cancelled at the last minute. The second week had more variety.

The ports were superb. I particularly liked St. Lucia and Grenada. In the latter we took a morning private excursion which was superb. (Sorry, I wouldn't remember the name of the tour company.) We went back to the ship and had lunch and decided to explore the capital city on our own. Given that it was Sunday, there wasn't much opened, but we ended up walking to a church that had been badly damaged by Hurricane Ivan about four years earlier, and were invited in to see the restorations. We even climbed in the belfry.

In Aruba we took a Celebrity-arranged sailing excursion which included two snorkelling sites (one with a sunken WWII German ship) and another where we saw sea turtles. Then they had an open bar, and a trapeze which you could use to swing off the boat. All of this was great, but it was the overall fun atmosphere that made it my all-time favourite shore excursion.

Seeing the surfers in the Barbados was also great.

Two week cruises won't be as swarmed with kids and spring-breakers as the one week-cruises.

If the amusement parts don't interest you, and you have the time either pre-or post cruise I strongly recommend the Florida Keys, especially Key West.

I'm sure the South Pacific would be equally attractive, or maybe more. However, if you've got the chance to come this far now, I think you should. You may not be able to do it later but possibly could still do the South Pacific, given its proximity (relatively speaking) to you.

We did this cruise last February and I would echo many of the comments here. It was the best Caribbean cruise we have every done. There is a link in my signature to a photo review I did if you are looking to get an idea of what some of the ports look like.

We did this cruise last February and I would echo many of the comments here. It was the best Caribbean cruise we have every done. There is a link in my signature to a photo review I did if you are looking to get an idea of what some of the ports look like.

Did you happen to take a picture of the Eclipse at one of the ports? I'd like to pirate it from you and use it as my desktop background.

We have done this cruise 2 times in the past in January. This January it will be our 3d cruise on the same ship. It is a great cruise.

This January, we will be overnight in Curacao. We always go on a catamaran in the Barbados, which we highly recommend.

Those islands are beautiful. The ECLIPSE is a magnificient ship.

Next year, in January, 2017, however, we are going to do something different...

We are going New Zealand and, Austrailia... :D

on the ECLIPSE sister ship, the SOLSTICE...

You'll love it, but, if you come to Miami for this cruise early, come early

and, see something else beside the port of Miami....

So much to see in Florida...

Edited by GaryfmCol

I have to wonder why some posters responding to your query suggest you forget the Caribbean and hit Polynesia. Huh? Where in your post did you request a comparison? I presume you inquired about the Caribbean (with no mention being made of Tahiti comparisons) because you have a very specific interest in the Caribbean. That being the case then I don't think you can do much better than the ship and itinerary you are asking about. The ship itself is outstanding and ports of call are all really good ones - certainly one of the better itineraries offered. I would have no hesitation recommending your choice.

Yes you are right. I have already been to the Pacific Islands and never mentioned going anywhere but the Caribbean.

After reading all the responses I think we are sold on the Eclipse Itinerary.

Might look at a few nights in Nashville or New Orleans or both then a couple of nights in Miami pre cruise. Because we are flying about 20 hours need to see a few other places.

Thankyou guys for all your imput.

Kind Regards Bob & Christine.

Yes you are right. I have already been to the Pacific Islands and never mentioned going anywhere but the Caribbean.

Might look at a few nights in Nashville or New Orleans or both then a couple of nights in Miami pre cruise. Because we are flying about 20 hours need to see a few other places.

Nashville is fantastic, then drive to Memphis , do the Elvis thing

and go to Miami New Orleans I would put on the clothes line

Didn't enjoy it, too seedy and smelly

You could also consider Key West. To me Duvall Street is an upscale Bourbon Street. Both cities have great restaurants.

Hi guys. We are also from the Gold Coast and are doing that same cruise with 3 other couples in Nov 2016. The long flight will definitely be worth it I'm sure. We did our first cruise last year, a 10 dayer on the Reflection out of Rome and it was unbelievable. It took us 24 hours to get there and it was worth it. You'll have a ball!!!