First deployment forecasts from summer 2018

shipfriend_max

Hi @all,

some lists are already showing their 2018 port calls, including some Princess ships.

-Le Havre (port for Paris): http://www.havre-port.com/show/2077

--> Royal Princess, Caribbean Princess

Seems Royal Princess is overtaking the British Isles itineraries, and Caribbean to replace Crown Princess on the mixed Northern European, Canary and med routes (or Caribbean = placeholder for Crown or sister).

-Portland, Maine: http://www.cruiseportlandmaine.com/why-cruise-here/cruise-schedule/2018-2/

--> Royal Princess, Caribbean Princess - Royal to sail the 7 night runs from NYC, Caribbean the longer between NYC and Quebec

-Honningsvag (North Cape): http://www.nordkapphavn.no/

--> Caribbean Princess

-Geirangerfjord: http://www.stranda-hamnevesen.no/cruise-calls

--> Caribbean Princess

So I think the first deployment information we have:

-Royal to sail Br. Isles from SOU, and Canada/NE from NYC

-Caribbean to sail Norway/Baltics/Med/Canaries from SOU, and Canada/NE NYC <--> QuC

-Ruby, Emerald, Star, Golden, Coral, Island, Grand on diffferent Alaska itineraries

Wondering that Regal does not return to Canada/NE, but I think she will be based out of Copenhagen again.

Big question: How about the 7 night Med runs, done by Royal in 2016/17?? Does Princess expect a newbuild already in 2018, which could do those itineraries? Or overtaken by Crown, which would make me wonder... :confused:

Excellent!! We are looking at Baltics for May 2018 but we aren't crazy about the Royal or the Regal. Fingers crossed that a different ship gets moved there. That will vault Princess back to the top of contention.

Edited by Anubi

Thank you for the heads up!

I was really hoping for the Royal to be redeployed to the West Coast.

In answer to one of your questions, yes, I do believe Princess has a new ship in the works to debut in 2018. I haven't heard much about it since the announcement though.

As a fellow left coaster, I have that wish also, but know that we on the west coast are the "step children". I would not expect us to get Royal for at least three years, sadly.

I was just asking whether Princess gets its next Roya-Class ship in 2018, or 2019, since they expect two new ships, but if Royal leaves the Med area and Regal comes back to Baltic, I think the Princess newbuild should overtake the Med runs, done by Royal in 2016/17 - with Crown on those itineraries, they would siginficantly stagnate capacities, compared to Royal.

I do not hope so, IMHO Princess needs at least one other ship for the "western" market, such as Europe or Caribbean/North America, I think some day one of the newer ships will be demanded and deployed at West Coast... [emoji848]

But at least, if Royal does not return to Med in 2018, she needs a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was just asking whether Princess gets its next Roya-Class ship in 2018, or 2019, since they expect two new ships, but if Royal leaves the Med area and Regal comes back to Baltic, I think the Princess newbuild should overtake the Med runs, done by Royal in 2016/17 - with Crown on those itineraries, they would siginficantly stagnate capacities, compared to Royal.
The fourth and fifth Royal class ships will enter into service in 2019 and 2020.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Excellent!! We are looking at Baltics for May 2018 but we aren't crazy about the Royal or the Regal. Fingers crossed that a different ship gets moved there. That will vault Princess back to the top of contention.
As of now, the Caribbean, Crown, Royal and Regal will be on the East coast and available for deployment to Europe as well as the Pacific if she is still in the fleet [emoji848]

?..Big question: How about the 7 night Med runs, done by Royal in 2016/17?? Does Princess expect a newbuild already in 2018, which could do those itineraries? Or overtaken by Crown, which would make me wonder... :confused:
You are probably correct about the Crown doing the 7 day Med cruises.

Same here, considering a Baltics/Northern Europe cruise in May 2018, to coincide with a family wedding in UK. Prefer to sail from/to Southampton, like they have done this year and next year, but will see what is offered, down the track, as for ships, not particularly fussy.

Edited by NSWP

Thank you for the heads up!

I was really hoping for the Royal to be redeployed to the West Coast.

In answer to one of your questions, yes, I do believe Princess has a new ship in the works to debut in 2018. I haven't heard much about it since the announcement though.

Oh god no.....:eek::eek::eek:

Bob

I think before long either the Grand or Star will segway down under - possibly by 2018. And I could see the Coral replacing the Pacific on some of the smaller itineraries. The Island and a Crown class ship will do the canal most likely.

That would require using the new locks. The fees for using the new locks are significantly higher than using the old locks, so a cruise on a Crown class ship through the Canal will have a higher "fee" attached to it.

(Will a Crown class ship fit under all the bridges that cross the Canal?)

I think before long either the Grand or Star will segway down under - possibly by 2018. And I could see the Coral replacing the Pacific on some of the smaller itineraries. The Island and a Crown class ship will do the canal most likely.

Has already been announced that Golden Princess will replace the transferring-to-P&O Dawn Princess down under, though it looks like Golden will do as Sea Princess did in the past with sailing Alaska in the (northern hemisphere) summer and Down Under the rest of the year.

And Island Princess will take over one Exotic run--the Circle South America--in 2018. It was always assumed that her massive refit was to prepare for taking over the Exotic Europe sailings from Ocean and Pacific. I would not be surprised if Island's announced repo to Vacouver for the 2018 Alaska season was to be scuttled. With plans for Coral's matching refit apparently abandoned I would assume status quo for her.

Edited by fishywood

some lists are already showing their 2018 port calls, including some Princess ships.

-Le Havre (port for Paris): http://www.havre-port.com/show/2077

--> Royal Princess, Caribbean Princess

Seems Royal Princess is overtaking the British Isles itineraries, and Caribbean to replace Crown Princess on the mixed Northern European, Canary and med routes (or Caribbean = placeholder for Crown or sister).

Next on our list. Thanks.

Does anyone know when the June 2018 Alaska RT Seattle itineraries will be released? Planning a cruise wedding and getting a lot of pressure from guests about when the dates will be available.

Edited by bgccsownsck
Wrong date

That would require using the new locks. The fees for using the new locks are significantly higher than using the old locks, so a cruise on a Crown class ship through the Canal will have a higher "fee" attached to it.

(Will a Crown class ship fit under all the bridges that cross the Canal?)

From what I can find those ships have an air draft of 195'... so that should not pose a problem for the two existing bridges. However by the time the Caribbean Princess makes her inaugural passage through the new locks on the Atlantic side, there will most likely be a third bridge in place that she will have to pass beneath. That bridge will have a clearance somewhere in between the Bridge of Americas and the Centennial Bridge.

I saw on Princess's web site that the taxes, fees portion of the fare was $300pp. That really is not too bad if that figure remains the amount, however I suspect it is just a place holder as there is an asterisk after it.

Edited by BillB48

I think the summer Alaska and Europe deployment for 2018 should be out by Dec 2016, if Princess follows the same pattern as last year.

I am wondering why the partial canal cruises on Caribbean Princess are slightly cheaper than on Coral or Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks!