Kusadasi cancelled on Pacific Princess 16 Oct cruise

PescadoAmarillo

How did you find out? I haven't received an email yet, but I knew Carnival had cancelled Kusadasi on their September cruises, and when I look at the Princess web site for our cruise on September 17th I see Kusadasi and Malta both cancelled, and Kotor & Corfu substituted. I can understand Kusadasi, but why Malta?

How did you find out? I haven't received an email yet, but I knew Carnival had cancelled Kusadasi on their September cruises, and when I look at the Princess web site for our cruise on September 17th I see Kusadasi and Malta both cancelled, and Kotor & Corfu substituted. I can understand Kusadasi, but why Malta?

Probably because of time between each port etc.

Malta is quite a bit further away and Kotor and Corfu are not too far from each other.

For those of you that have been to Kotor what did you do there? Should we look at a private or Princess tour? Or is it a walkable port?

Our September 10 cruise Kotor was just added today with the cancellation of Kusadasi Turkey.

Thanks for any information.

For those of you that have been to Kotor what did you do there? Should we look at a private or Princess tour? Or is it a walkable port?

Our September 10 cruise Kotor was just added today with the cancellation of Kusadasi Turkey.

Thanks for any information.

Very walkable. The city center is basically across the street from the main pier.

You can climb the 1360 steps to the Castle of San Giovanni on the mountain.

Kotor-1-682x455.jpg

topkotor2.jpg

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Kotor - Get up early and enjoy the sail up the 'fjord' to Kotor the scenery is beautiful. As previously said, kotor is small and easily done on foot. You can get a local bus from the town down to Perast which is small village opposite the little island with the church on it, which you will pass by on your sail in. You can aslo get a boat over to visit the church.

We're looking forward to revisiting Kotor next Spring. It's a very interesting, historic and walkable city - and the sail-in and sail-away were magical. Would also love to visit Albania which I understand is very under-developed and a bit of a time capsule. I've taken photos of the coast adjacent to Corfu but we've never docked there. Enjoy your new ports J & G!!

Kotor - Get up early and enjoy the sail up the 'fjord' to Kotor the scenery is beautiful. As previously said, kotor is small and easily done on foot. You can get a local bus from the town down to Perast which is small village opposite the little island with the church on it, which you will pass by on your sail in. You can aslo get a boat over to visit the church.

Just the approach to Kotor has beautiful scenery during the sail up the fjord, and back out at the end of the day.

Did a Princess tour to the chapel on the island and the town of Perast a few years ago, which was very pleasant.

I feel so sad for the good people in Kusadisi who depend on the seasonal tourism business for their income. Some of our best and most knowledgeable private tour guides have been here. On both of our prior Med. cruises, we traveled in groups with family or friends who were first time visitors to Kusadisi and Ephesus, and in both cases the tour of Ephesus was the highlight of the trip. I hope at some point the cruise lines resume stops here.

I hope the substituted stops are enjoyable!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal