Weird Pricing

azbirdmom

Like others, I save cruises that I'm booked on and frequently check to see if the rates have gone down. We have a mini suite guarantee on the 10/21/15 sailing on the Royal Princess and today I decided to check to see how many mini suites are remaining. While doing that I accidentally clicked on an open cabin and saw prices that are significantly lower than what was in the summary view. Every cabin I clicked on showed the same thing, and I've attached sample screen shots of one example where there was a $400 difference. I'm checking with my TA about pricing, but was curious if anyone had seen this happen.

557666031_minisuitepricingsummaryroyal10_21_15.jpg.e339608bcf05c362ea0d1dd912845d28.jpg

2134589981_midshipminim42910_21_15.jpg.bb1a7b13777ab85d3480ed7226e4fa71.jpg

Try doing a price check in a window that does not know you(private browsing) or a different browser.

It is very easy for Princess to know you are booked and just show different prices.

It is quire common for the search prices to be different from the cruise when you drill down, they(top level) only get updated infrequently.

I checked with my TA and her booking system still shows the higher prices. We're thinking that they've partially updated prices for the upcoming sale. If that is the case, there are going to be some very nice prices. I saw a $400 drop for an obstructed view room for our upcoming Alaska cruise too. Will see what happens this week!

It's also possible that the special notes "EXTENDED ANGLED BALC" mean that this mini-suite balcony is considered not as good as a standard mini-suite balcony.

The summary prices for oceanview only list unobstructed oceanview. You have to look at the details to see obstructed oceanview cabins.

The summary prices for suites only list suites with balconies. You have to look at the details to see window suites.

It's also possible that the special notes "EXTENDED ANGLED BALC" mean that this mini-suite balcony is considered not as good as a standard mini-suite balcony.

The summary prices for oceanview only list unobstructed oceanview. You have to look at the details to see obstructed oceanview cabins.

The summary prices for suites only list suites with balconies. You have to look at the details to see window suites.

No, there is a discrepancy with every single category I select. I also tried to open Princess.com in another browser without logging in and the prices matched. Still thinking it has something to do with the upcoming sale (hoping actually). Either that or there's a software glitch happening for Captain's Circle pricing.

On Friday checking prices............originally booked on Oct 21 but changed to Nov 10 same 10 day itinerary and better cabin IMHO for several hundred dollars less and complimentary gratuities ...started @1149 down to 1061 and then 936 for BZ cabin .........now have DZ 824 plus complimentary gratuities.

Life is good.

On Friday checking prices............originally booked on Oct 21 but changed to Nov 10 same 10 day itinerary and better cabin IMHO for several hundred dollars less and complimentary gratuities ...started @1149 down to 1061 and then 936 for BZ cabin .........now have DZ 824 plus complimentary gratuities.

Life is good.

Congrats catching the better price.....:):):)

Bob

We just booked a voyage on the Royal for next February and checked prices a couple of days later and the price dropped $200 so we called in to our rep at Princess and rebooked at the lower price. The next day the price went back up to the original price! Looks like there was a short price drop sale going and then back to normal.

As one of the other posters here stated, we also had our room steward, and wait staff gratuities paid which showed up on the personalizer and within the comments section of the booking confirmation. Nice and a big thank you!

My TA could not see the lower price either. She called Princess and the lady at Princess did not see it either. So, my TA put princess on hold and got on the phone with me. She said that she did not want me to lose the price so she stayed on the phone with me and had me book it on Princess.com. Then she gave my booking number to Princess by the phone. The Princess rep told her (my TA) that just after my TA put her on whole she found the price. She said that there is a glitch in the system.

Bottom line we were able to transfer booking to my TA (who we love). It took about 45 minutes from the start.

Life is good.

We are booked for an Alaska Connoisseur Cruisetour next June. My wife picked the date and it is the most $!!%^$ expensive sailing date possible. I could book on any other sailing and save money - in some cases a fair amount of money - but she want's this specific sailing. Yes, dear.

I will, of course, keep checking as time goes by but I seriously doubt I will get a break on price.

I found the same price difference first @ 629.00 then select a cabin and it changes to 503.00, called agent (she) called Princess and I received the lower price. I thought it was a glitch. Saved 252.00 but lost 50.00 obc. I was happy with the change.:rolleyes:

Pricing gets weirder as time goes on. Booked a cabin last Fri for $1338pp. Checked this am and saw the Memorial Day "sale" and checked pricing - same cabin $1558 (on sale). HUH?? A few minutes later decided to confirm the price and it was up to $1678 !!

Just curious, but for those that are seeing the free gratuities. where are you cruising? I had my TA take a look yesterday for our upcoming Royal cruise and was able to go from IA to DZ categories for about $14/pp/pd increase after factoring the extra OBC for our FCCs now being used on a balcony vs an inside. We jumped all over that.

She was not seeing anything about free grats though for our voyage and sent me a promo that she saw titled the Bucketlist Extravaganza that was for South America, Asia, Tahiti, Australia/NZ that included free grats as a perk, but was not valid on Caribbean itineraries from what the fine print stated.

Edited by Dudleydog73

I didn't see it listed anywhere on the website and the agent at Princess didn't even say anything about it. It showed up on my booking confirmation that they emailed me. When I logged into my personalizer I clicked prepay my gratuities and they both said paid. So I'm very happy! Switched from 7 day to 10 day(so less chance of alot of kids), $100 pp cheaper, better cabin and free gratuities! Now only transfer it to my TA so she'll give me some more OBC or discount it even more.

I just rechecked pricing on this "sale" and what I booked over the weekend for $824 is now $1069. So I'm glad I jumped when I did because the pricing was only there for like 2 days.

I just got the "weird" pricing. I have been looking at Pacific Princess Panama full transit. Really want to try out a small ship before Princess gets rid of them.

Price was showing as $2799pp for inside aft. Started to wonder what would the total be if I went through the booking process up to the "pay now" screen.

So, I clicked my way through all the screens and when I got to the "pay now" screen, the price per person was $1819!! Wow!! I clicked on book it!!

That is 2 off the bucket list with one cruise.:D:D

I just got the "weird" pricing. I have been looking at Pacific Princess Panama full transit. Really want to try out a small ship before Princess gets rid of them.

Price was showing as $2799pp for inside aft. Started to wonder what would the total be if I went through the booking process up to the "pay now" screen.

So, I clicked my way through all the screens and when I got to the "pay now" screen, the price per person was $1819!! Wow!! I clicked on book it!!

That is 2 off the bucket list with one cruise.:D:D

How many days?