Don Horner

cbb

I never met Don in person, but learned so much from him via Cruise Critic. As Stan & Jim said, he was a true gentleman and always willing to help. He is greatly missed and my heart goes out to Betsey and his family today.

Charlotte

I only cruised with Don and Betsy once but when I needed help putting together over 100 name tags for a Meet & Greet, they were the only people who came to help. I've missed his comments terribly ... such a great loss to this list.

Mura

I'm very glad cbb started this thread to remember Don.

This now gives me the opportunity to say to Betsy and family how we felt for your loss. We had the pleasure of meeting you and Don on Marina's maiden voyage. I'll always remember when we got a flat on the on the small tour bus in the outskirts of Casablanca. The guide and driver were struggling getting the jack in the correct place. Don knew the vehicle well as the undercarriage was same as your RV. Had he not stepped forward we might still be there :)

It was a pleasure meeting you both and we have fond memories. His 'steady hand' and great knowledge of Oceania was a wonderful contribution to Cruise Critic.

Jan Cruz,

I told Betsy her April cruise was a family reunion and with y'all aboard it will be! I know she is looking forward to cruising again.

She is or will be shortly reading this ccritic thread.

I never met Don in person, but learned so much from him via Cruise Critic. As Stan & Jim said, he was a true gentleman and always willing to help. He is greatly missed and my heart goes out to Betsey and his family today.

Charlotte

Same here. I hope Betsy will enjoy her next cruise for both of them.

I want to add my memories of Don. He and Betsy made a special stop in Bellingham, WA on their way to Vancouver to meet with us. Don and I didn't always agree on everything, however, being the very special person that he was, we had lively discussions/debates, had lunch by the bay and took a walk together. Both he and Betsy will remain in our hearts forever.

I'm so happy to learn that Betsy will once again be sailing on Oceania. Don and Betsy did love sailing on Oceania. His presence will always be with us and with all of the people whose hearts he touched. RIP Don.

Thanks, cbb, for starting this thread. I'm another who never met Don, but I still miss his presence on the board. I'm pleased to hear that Betsy will be cruising again. Your posts from ATW16 showed us what a happy time Don and Betsy were having and your photos told a lovely story.

Sella

Don, you are missed, as so many have already richly expressed.

Betsy, we're so glad you've returned to cruising. So many of us love you too. Hope to meet you again one day.

Tarmo & Kay, from Marina's maiden voyage