Sailing on my first "LUXURY CRUISE".......(solo of course) :)

Lois R

Booked my first cruise on a "Luxury Line":D.....normally this would never have been possible but circumstances have

given me this chance and I am taking it:D.....going on Silverseas in August from Barcelona to Rome.....itinerary is

around Spain and Italy. Now I just have to get through the summer:eek:.....LOL........should be interesting and fun:)

How exciting! I'm so happy for you. Please report back to us on your experiences. I got to see Silver Shadow in Alaska last year and she was beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OT, is the time on here right? Looks like the CC did not spring forward:eek:

LOL...I'm no help on times, since I'm in Arizona, and we don't observe daylight saving time. The time is correct for me, but that doesn't answer your question.

LOL...I'm no help on times, since I'm in Arizona, and we don't observe daylight saving time. The time is correct for me, but that doesn't answer your question.

LOL.....too funny, I have a friend who just moved to Arizona....she loves it there.

For me, CC never fell back last November, so the time has been off for months. Now, it is correct.

Enjoy! So far, my solo cruises have been on Crystal -- lured at first by their low solo supplements -- and I've been very happy with them. I'd love to consider branching out to try other luxury cruise lines, though, but prices have so far been prohibitive.

I looked at Crystal too and I may try them in 2018. Actually, Crystal had an itinerary I was looking at (Pacific Coast) but I

decided on SIlversea for this one. 2018 is my big 60th and so I will be researching cruises for that one too:D

I almost went on Silversea about three years ago -- they had a great deal for solos. But then they had a big "to do" about one of the ships failing their sanitation inspection, and I decided I'd better wait until that was sorted... The itinerary was a Black Sea cruise, and of course, that's off the table at the moment.

I look forward to hearing your impressions after your cruise.

Hi Cynthia:)....I will be glad to let you know how much I enjoyed it;p......I have been reading alot of stuff on the Silverseas forum and there are a few folks over there who have been VERY kind and helpful in answering my questions.:)

Mine is still wrong. I checked and it was set to automatically update which it has always done in the past. Another glitch in the new system, perhaps.:(

Booked my first cruise on a "Luxury Line":D.....normally this would never have been possible but circumstances have

given me this chance and I am taking it:D.....going on Silverseas in August from Barcelona to Rome.....itinerary is

around Spain and Italy. Now I just have to get through the summer:eek:.....LOL........should be interesting and fun:)

YAY LOIS!!! I'm so happy for you. Plus, you are going to my favorite city, Barcelona! I just know you're going to have a great time and will share a full report when you return. Enjoy!

I posted in another forum about wanting to try an upscale line (as a solo) for the first time. Most people recommended Oceania based on my criteria (#1: Don't like dressing up!) I'll be interested to hear how you like Silverseas as a solo.

Lois, Hope you have a great trip. You will have to let us know if you enjoy the Silversea's cruise as much as you did your river cruise last year. Hopefully you will. Neil

Hi Neil, thanks:)

YAY LOIS!!! I'm so happy for you. Plus, you are going to my favorite city, Barcelona! I just know you're going to have a great time and will share a full report when you return. Enjoy!

HI Tess, thanks so much:D.....I will definitely post my thoughts when I get back:)

I posted in another forum about wanting to try an upscale line (as a solo) for the first time. Most people recommended Oceania based on my criteria (#1: Don't like dressing up!) I'll be interested to hear how you like Silverseas as a solo.

Hi John:) I looked at Oceania too, along with several other lines.......I looked at Seabourn and Windstar too. I have

been getting "stuff from Oceania" for the past few months in the mail........I guess my name got on their mailing list

somehow....but it is not even the correct first name.......anyway, I have 2 friends who just took their first cruise on

Oceania and they were not that impressed...I took that into consideration. And on the other end, I have a very good,

long time friend who works in the cruise industry and she recommended Silversea to me so that was in my thought

process too.

As for the "dress"....I don't mind dressing up for dinner when necessary. I don't own "ball gowns" but putting on a dressy pair of slacks/long skirt and pretty top? That is fine with me.:)it is as easy as regular slacks and top;p. So that was

not really a factor for me.

Sounds great, LoisR! You've gotta post a blog or a "iive from" or something. Your comments and tips on solo cruising certainly eased my entry into the life when I started 7 years ago.

Wish I could go on the all-inclusives but I'm stuck on HAL because I don't drink adult beverages (no religious or moral objections, just discovered when I was a sophomore in university that I get drunk on 1/2 glass of wine). Anyway, I can't justify paying for others' bar tabs. I envy those of you who can go on the premium lines.

Hi Susan:) I am not a blogger so won't be doing that........and at this point not even sure I will do a "live from".......normally

when I cruise, I stay unplugged:D but I will be happy to post about the experience when I get back.:)

As for the "premium thing"......totally unexpected circumstances are allowing me to do it.

Lois, I thought your river cruise was "luxury"! Sounds wonderful and I can't wait to hear about your journey :D

Lois, I thought your river cruise was "luxury"! Sounds wonderful and I can't wait to hear about your journey :D

Hi, Linda:).....it was.......it felt casually luxurious if that makes any sense...........this will be my first luxury cruise on

an "ocean cruise"...since that was a river cruise.