Xcellerate

eurotraveller1

I'll be on the May 6th Solstice sailing so I called to ask about Xcellerate. The customer service rep told me that it's listed that the Solstice will have Xcellerate on May 7. Even the CS rep said that didn't make sense and most likely it will be ready on the sailing date May 6.

Item Unlimited: $199 for a 6-9 day voyage; $299 for a 10-14 day voyage

I suspect that I know the answer but can anyone confirm - if I am on a 12 day trip but only need Wifi for 9 days, can I get it for $199.

We gave the first couple of days in Guernsey and Cork, and the last in Belfast so I can manage without on those days, but I suspect it's the "voyage" word that is decisive.

The pricing you just quoted is for the OLD internet pricing structure. We are currently on a 13 night TA and paid $199, plus a discount for Elite, along with 50% off for the second connection for my wife. The price is predicated on the entire cruise itself....not just how many days you will be using internet....so you will be paying $199 for a 12 night cruise.

Edited by Swinden

The pricing you just quoted is for the OLD internet pricing structure. We are currently on a 13 night TA and paid $199, plus a discount for Elite, along with 50% off for the second connection for my wife. The price is predicated on the entire cruise itself....not just how many days you will be using internet....so you will be paying $199 for a 12 night cruise.

Thanks for that,

With the elite discount and converted into real money, that should be around£90. Just have to persuade my wife that it's better value than new clothes

David

I'll be on the May 6th Solstice sailing so I called to ask about Xcellerate. The customer service rep told me that it's listed that the Solstice will have Xcellerate on May 7. Even the CS rep said that didn't make sense and most likely it will be ready on the sailing date May 6.

I think the 7th might make sense. Say the install team gets on with you on the 6th and they need a day for the upgrade? Anyway, I'm on the 13th right after you, thanks for calling.

For my 7 night cruise in December, the only price available for prepurchase is $199 for unlimited. That is outrageous to me.:eek:

If you are Elite or Elite plus I suggest you wait until you get on board to get the discount.

Have you previously paid less than $199 on any 7 day cruise? It looks like it should be $149 for a 7 day cruise without a discount. Or if you really want to book in advance then perhaps you should call?

For me it appears that Celebrity has improved the Internet service and reduced the costs. A significant improvement. Of course I usually cruise for 14 days and get the Elite plus discount.

Wow...reading all of this can give you a headache...Charmina seems to have the answers[emoji779]️ But we are supposed to be on vacation... That's what my DH says to me...

Edited by Lastdance

Item Unlimited: $199 for a 6-9 day voyage; $299 for a 10-14 day voyage

I suspect that I know the answer but can anyone confirm - if I am on a 12 day trip but only need Wifi for 9 days, can I get it for $199.

We gave the first couple of days in Guernsey and Cork, and the last in Belfast so I can manage without on those days, but I suspect it's the "voyage" word that is decisive.

You can do that on the royal carib. Each day of the cruise, the unlimited internet prices becomes less (lsser number of days lefT)

Can Elite Plus just use the allotted minutes? We try to get away from the world, especially during the elections! :eek:

Yes, we have done it many times. Although the benefits says 200 minutes we have always received 240 free minutes.

Can Elite Plus just use the allotted minutes? We try to get away from the world, especially during the elections! :eek:

It depends on how much internet time you need and how you use it.

For us the allotted 240 minutes each is more than sufficient because we do almost all our reading and writing offline.

So we mainly sign into our accounts to upload and download, retrieve whatever we want, then immediately sign off.

Email is fine for us as the way to stay in touch.

Oh, we also check in for flights and print boarding passes at the end of the cruise, which takes us maybe 5 to 10 minutes of internet time.

Occasionally we may use some of our minutes to reserve a hotel room or rental car, or change travel arrangements, but usually we have that all taken care of in advance.

Like you, we really look forward to our respite from the world and its everyday problems when we go on vacation.

I guess we can count ourselves among the lucky cruise passengers who have no need to spend hours online each day for work or family obligations.

Besides, we would rather spend our time on the ship looking at the ocean and scenery and wildlife,

and enjoying the company of our fellow passengers, instead of spending hours looking at a screen.

Edited by fleckle

Thanks Jagoffe and fleckle, for your answers. We check email to see if everything is okay with family and friends. We usually leave minutes. In January, I was able to help people, who didn't use computers, book motels and flights during the snowstorm.

Thought we would be okay, but 2 stewardesses couldn't make it. We arrived at 9AM; schedule at 11 AM were delayed several times; gave up at 5 PM. Several of us volunteered to give emergency info and serve drinks, but to no avail. Their advice was to rebook immediately (long lines) because there were no hotels. I booked our hotel first then booked flight from hotel where we could rest. Rewarded with a six row upgrade. BTW, the next day flight was oversold. Pays to pay it forward.

Sorry about the "hairy dog" story.

Just off the Summit and the 240 minutes has now been reduced to 200.

Thanks Celebrity.

You were just off Summit? Did you sign up for the free Elite+ internet using your seapass folio on your card? Forget what the coupon says. It actually gives Elite + the 240 minutes package when you log on to sign up.

That's the way it has been on my last 4 Celebrity cruises. Coupon says 200 but you actually get 240 when you sign in.

Edited by Wine-O

Currently on Infinity which does have Xcelerate.

15 day cruise for $199 plus 50% off second device. With elite discount we paid $139 for 15 days. Hard to beat that. Also- you can just pay once and use the same user names and password on multiple devices. But you can only use one device at a time. This works just fine for my wife and me.

You were just off Summit? Did you sign up for the free Elite+ internet using your seapass folio on your card? Forget what the coupon says. It actually gives Elite + the 240 minutes package when you log on to sign up.

That's the way it has been on my last 4 Celebrity cruises. Coupon says 200 but you actually get 240 when you sign in.

We did receive the 240 minutes. When we enquired as to why the coupon said 200 and not 240, we were told that changes are coming. In looking at today's X website, even that has been changed to reflect the 200 minutes for E +

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-overview#captains_club_tier_elite_plus/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite-plus?subtab=true

We did receive the 240 minutes. When we enquired as to why the coupon said 200 and not 240, we were told that changes are coming. In looking at today's X website, even that has been changed to reflect the 200 minutes for E +

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-overview#captains_club_tier_elite_plus/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite-plus?subtab=true

It used to be 200 minutes, but when Celebrity changed the pricing for their packages, then moved the signup to your folio number on your seapass, if you were Elite+, you were prompted to the free 240 minute package when you signed on. Maybe when they redo the coupons it will read 240 minutes. :)

We are getting unlimited internet for 2 under a recent promotion- This will be on the Solstice May 2017. I kind of asked this question before, just double checking. Dh and I need to be connected at the same time. Customer service said we will each have our own sign ons--- This was before the better internet is being done on all the ships. We booked under the two perks deal which was originally, Big Better Best-- Just want to make sure that it really is each person having the unlimited internet, even with the upgraded version....