Xcellerate

eurotraveller1

Hi Everyone,

Other Cruise Critic members have reported it's available on Reflection, and Eclipse. I'm on Eclipse on Sunday, and will confirm. Hope this helps !

We are on Celebrity Silhouette now which has Xcelletate internet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Everyone,

Other Cruise Critic members have reported it's available on Reflection, and Eclipse. I'm on Eclipse on Sunday, and will confirm. Hope this helps !

Thanks, I think that we can keep here in the thread which ships are updated.

So far, I see that:

- Eclipse

- Reflection

- Silhouette

are equipped with the new Xcellerate.

If anyone else knows more, we can update it here.

Hi Everyone,

It was definitely NOT on the Eclipse in February! :(

I hope that your reports are correct.

Bon Voyage!

Have a wonderful cruise and give our regards to Ben and Vinod.

It was definitely NOT on the Eclipse in February! :(

I hope that your reports are correct.

Bon Voyage!

Have a wonderful cruise and give our regards to Ben and Vinod.

Hi Karen,

I heard from a Cruise Critic member, that Eclipse was enabled about a week ago.

Will definitely send your regards to Vinod and Ben.

Thanks again !

I use the internet while traveling. I email my family now and then. I check reservations, etc. I get free time from Captains Club which is nice. It is more than enough for my needs. I am elite +. When I am on other cruise lines, some include unlimited time for all. It seems that more cruise lines are using free internet unlimited as a selling feature. It can be a great feature. Unlimited free internet is being included on Viking and Oceania. It seems like an easy way to make guests happy. When will Celebrity include free internet for all?

When will Celebrity include free internet for all?

When it adds the present price to everyone's cruise fare.

Nothing is free on any cruiseline. Everything is bundled somehow.

Just embarked Constellation yesterday for the TA. They have Xcelerate on board. Elite Plus (maybe Elite also) gets 35% discount for the unlimited package. Gave up our 240 minutes for the unlimited package - cost $129 and change for the 13-day TA. It's really working well. Just one day out to sea. We'll see how it works as we get farther across the Pond.

Cannot seem to find the cost for Xcelerate on my upcoming 11 night cruise. Anyone any idea and am I better to wait until onboard?

Xcelerate is just an upgrade for the regular internet speed on board.

The price should remain the same .

We like to sign up for internet on board so we can use OBC to pay for it (and usually there are specials). Some people like to have everything paid before their trip.

Edited by chamima

It can be a great feature. Unlimited free internet is being included on Viking and Oceania. It seems like an easy way to make guests happy.

Not exactly true. We are on Oceania two months ago and did not receive free Internet. Like someone else mentioned, the "free" is sometimes built in. Had we had a Concierge level or above, we could have had 200 mins. free. PH and above was free. It depends on your stateroom category and what you are paying.

Is Xcellerate a faster speed for all, or is it a higher cost for those wanting more speed? I have the free Elite minutes and that is usually suffice for my needs, but I have to be careful because the net is so slow. Faster would be nicer! :)

If buying the package, how does the "get a second device for half off" work? :confused:

Before Xcellerate, I thought that once one buys a package, they could use it on any device (iPad, laptop, cell, Internet Café computer) they have in the room as long as they sign onto the net using their stateroom number and password. :confused:

Not exactly true. We are on Oceania two months ago and did not receive free Internet. Like someone else mentioned, the "free" is sometimes built in. Had we had a Concierge level or above, we could have had 200 mins. free. PH and above was free. It depends on your stateroom category and what you are paying.

I also think it's "free" with certain levels of suites on Celebrity.

Is Xcellerate a faster speed for all, or is it a higher cost for those wanting more speed? I have the free Elite minutes and that is usually suffice for my needs, but I have to be careful because the net is so slow. Faster would be nicer! :)

FAster speed for all

If buying the package, how does the "get a second device for half off" work? :confused:

Before Xcellerate, I thought that once one buys a package, they could use it on any device (iPad, laptop, cell, Internet Café computer) they have in the room as long as they sign onto the net using their stateroom number and password. :confused:

You CAN use your minutes exactly as you thought - it's for ANY device you have but everyone must use the same sign in.

The half off allows two people in the stateroom to both be on the internet at the same time , each with their own sign in. If only one person in the cabin has the unlimited the second person has to wait until they're done .

(They make the price a "bargain" because it really isn't usually a big deal to just wait.)

Great! Thank you for the explanation.

"Valid on devices within the same stateroom."

What if DH is in the stateroom using his device, and I am in the Café Al Bacio using mine. Will it still work in two different places?

And as someone else mentioned, can we really turn our free minutes in to receive a discount on the package? The flyer states that it is not combinable with any other offer. :rolleyes: