Received our Maiden Explorer Cruise Docs

petlover

We received our Maiden Voyage cruise documents. I'm surprised to see that there isn't one "Formal Optional" dress night. Every evening is "Elegant Casual" which is fine with me....just surprised.

Regent does not do any formal nights. Too costly for people to pack formal wear due to airline weight allowances, and even old line businesses are all going casual. Sad but true. The pendulum will eventually swing back, most likely....

Have a great time, I'll be looking forward to hearing about the trip and ship since we're booked on the Explorer later on and just today finalized the booking for the Mariner after that........wanted to wait until we were on the Explorer to book the Mariner for the added savings for booking on the ship. However didn't went to lose the suite we wanted, has it happened once we booked and got the suite we wanted-it's now waited listed for others.

Rick

We received our Maiden Voyage cruise documents. I'm surprised to see that there isn't one "Formal Optional" dress night. Every evening is "Elegant Casual" which is fine with me....just surprised.

I received mine a while ago and was also surprised that all the nights are "Elegant Casual". As this is supposed to be the inaugural cruise I was expecting at least one dressier night. Ah well, less to pack.:D

On our 21 day cruise we had two formal optional nights. Of course, everything I read said elegant casual so I made do and my husband had a few choice words about conformity and his unwillingness to kowtow to this standard. I'm prevailing on the next cruise and he'll at least take a jacket.

My DB says that I can't do a 14 night Maiden Voyage with just a sports jacket for the evenings so I will be taking a lunge suit as well.

How about we have our own "Formal Optional" night ?!

A Silversea cruise friend let me know today, that he will be joining his Travel Agent Thursday for the Explorer pre-maiden cruise. Am doing my best to encourage him to post his observations here. In any case, do hope some TA's post their impressions of the maiden pre cruise here. The Avid cruiser will be blogging from the Explorer this Thursday in Barcelona, pls see:

http://www.avidcruiser.com/blog/

A Silversea cruise friend let me know today, that he will be joining his Travel Agent Thursday for the Explorer pre-maiden cruise. Am doing my best to encourage him to post his observations here. In any case, do hope some TA's post their impressions of the maiden pre cruise here. The Avid cruiser will be blogging from the Explorer this Thursday in Barcelona, pls see:

http://www.avidcruiser.com/blog/

Excellent, Wes, thanks. Will be following this closely, as we'll be on board Navigator throughout all of the Explorer festivities...

Excellent, Wes, thanks. Will be following this closely, as we'll be on board Navigator throughout all of the Explorer festivities...

As mentioned previously on another thread, we will both be cruising Regent at the same time. My posts should be enlightening and I look forward to yours. Stay tuned!

Edited by Travelcat2

Watching the explorer make its way into Barcelona today , fleet tracker shows it cruising under " restricted manoeuvre ability " anyone know why that would be ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Watching the explorer make its way into Barcelona today , fleet tracker shows it cruising under " restricted manoeuvre ability " anyone know why that would be ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When I Googled "restricted manoeuvre ability" I came up with this: The International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea 1972 (Colregs) are published by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and set out, among other things, the "rules of the road" or navigation rules to be followed by ships and other vessels at sea to prevent collisions between two or more vessels.[1][2] COLREGs can also refer to the specific political line that divides inland waterways, which are subject to their own navigation rules, and coastal waterways which are subject to international navigation rules. The COLREGs are derived from a multilateral treaty called the Convention on the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea.

It sounds like special rules for sailing inland and coastal waterways.

I saw a post on another thread where you indicated that the first "shakedown" cruise was cancelled due to "performance issues". Not sure where you read that because it was due to "technical issues" (unrelated to the performance of the ship).

Pre Explorer maiden news--our friend Lawrence who is exceptionally fortunate to have joined the hundreds of Travel agents who boarded the Explorer today, said: "At first glance the ship looks beautiful." Here a a few pictures from another guest Phil who posted these on the Regent Facebook page. First pix below is from the pool deck with the W hotel in the background in Barcelona.

e98207d3f3aa87a47bbba6a7c00a4f84.jpg

Second picture Phil posted is of a Penthouse Veranda:

cab58b9ef9d68d88342cfd997f822563.jpg

Foyer to Compass Rose:

841aaef40a42e0f2887280c147766b4a.jpg

Versace plates designed specially for Regent:

415fc177e514fe0b4f9c1c50029d1ec2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by WesW

Wow, what beautiful Explorer pictures--super variety--thanks so much for sharing Cruisereiziger. Love the pool deck (pool) and jacuzzi coverings.

You may want start a separate thread on Explorer Pre Maiden photos so those Regent Cruise Critics who may miss these pictures on this thread get a chance to view the beautiful Explorer.