Mobile Passport App at Miami Yet?

Luvcrusn

Just used the Mobile App at Port Everglades this week. I have to say it didn't work as well as expected. There was only 1 line which had it and they were taking both people with and without the mobile app. Those with regular paperwork were going through much faster. The agent seemed really disgusted with people who didn't quite know what to do. I have to say since I had both passengers on my 1 phone it really wasn't efficient to have to expand the code, scan, flip to the other passenger, expand the code and scan.

The only savings was not having to provide all the information on the customs card which can be done ahead of time. I think next time I'm going to do it the old fashioned way like I still do with boarding passes.

Just used the Mobile App at Port Everglades this week. I have to say it didn't work as well as expected. There was only 1 line which had it and they were taking both people with and without the mobile app. Those with regular paperwork were going through much faster. The agent seemed really disgusted with people who didn't quite know what to do. I have to say since I had both passengers on my 1 phone it really wasn't efficient to have to expand the code, scan, flip to the other passenger, expand the code and scan.

The only savings was not having to provide all the information on the customs card which can be done ahead of time. I think next time I'm going to do it the old fashioned way like I still do with boarding passes.

Wow, Royce! I had a totally different experience!! The Mobile Passport line had absolutely no one else in it, and when I arrived at the Customs desk, the agent took me immediately, even though a separate line was using the same agent. It was quick and easy.

We disembarked at 8:35 AM. Perhaps that made a difference?

• 1 year later...
Can everyone that has used Mobile Passport at Port Everglades please indicated what terminal they were docked at as well as the date.

We disembarked from Reflection on Dec. 8th in PE terminal 18. I had my Mobile Passport app loaded and ready to go. There were signs all over the terminal telling passengers to use it. When I asked 3 different employees where the line was I was told it wasn't working. That being said, unless you've gone over the allowance, you no longer have to fill out the blue and white form and we were out of the terminal in under 5 minutes. (Disembarked at 8:10AM)

Disembarked from the Equinox in Miami 12/9 and it was one of the fastest and stress-free disembarkation's I've had in a long while. No customs forms to fill out unless you had exceeded allowances. After reclaiming bags from carousel (they were already delivered and waiting for us) we waited in line less than five minutes to see an immigration agent. They were not even behind the counters at computers. They merely glanced at passports, matched to our faces, smiled and welcomed us home. I'd say from exiting the ship to curb it was 15 minutes tops. This was around 915-930ish in the morning I'd guess.

I did not look for, nor did I see any signs, of a mobile passport or Global Entry lane. Given the new process being used I don't see where either could have sped things up any.

Disembarked in Miami on Dec 1. No mobil passport app and no Global Entry.

We have used (3 times) our Global Entry at the Port of Miami. The overhead sign can be easy to miss (and hard to find) but it did exist :). In our case we simply asked one of the Port Security workers about the Global Entry line...and they would take us under a rope and place us right at the front of the long line for Passport Control. Since there was not a dedicated agent, they essentially recognized the "Front of the Line" privilege often extended to Global Entry holders. I cannot verify that it is available at each specific pier, but we have used it in 2 piers.

Hank

We also breezed through Miami upon return from Cuba on NCL. As others have noted, the customs blue and white form is no longer needed unless you exceed the allowed amounts. I see no reason for an app. for U.S. citizens. Just show your passport.

Regarding the Mobile Passport, can anyone tell me where they found the entry Terminal for Celebrity at Port Everglades? I thought it might be printed on our "Xpress Pass" but I could not find it. Other that that, this seems like a useful phone app. However, I still plan on doing the usual paperwork also! <g>

Doug

Regarding the Mobile Passport, can anyone tell me where they found the entry Terminal for Celebrity at Port Everglades? I thought it might be printed on our "Xpress Pass" but I could not find it. Other that that, this seems like a useful phone app. However, I still plan on doing the usual paperwork also! <g>

Doug

I couldn't find it without asking the concierge. There is no more blue and white form unless you've gone over your a pending allowance or have something to declare. If so, you'll have to ask at guest services since they no longer distribute the form in each storeroom. We disembarked PE on 12/8/17. The Mobile Passport wasn't working but we were out of the terminal in about 5 to 10 minutes.

I see no reason for an app. for U.S. citizens. Just show your passport.

I’m a huge fan of the Mobile Passport app. I haven’t used it in a cruise port, but I use the Mobile Passport at multiple airports in the US, most frequently JFK and ATL, multiple times a month and it’s wonderful. I’m usually either the only one at that line or there’s maybe 2-3 other passengers ahead of me max, while the regular line for non-mobile passengers is longer than for a popular ride at Disney World in the middle of the summer. Most of the time, I’m on the other side even before passengers with Global Entry. It literally takes seconds to get processed.

When they can implement it and get it running efficiently at cruise ports, it will make a huge difference. I know I’ll be using it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m a huge fan of the Mobile Passport app. I haven’t used it in a cruise port, but I use the Mobile Passport at multiple airports in the US, most frequently JFK and ATL, multiple times a month and it’s wonderful. I’m usually either the only one at that line or there’s maybe 2-3 other passengers ahead of me max, while the regular line for non-mobile passengers is longer than for a popular ride at Disney World in the middle of the summer. Most of the time, I’m on the other side even before passengers with Global Entry. It literally takes seconds to get processed.

When they can implement it and get it running efficiently at cruise ports, it will make a huge difference. I know I’ll be using it!

Well said, and ditto!

Global Entry and Mobile Passport are two different things.

Global Entry is an application process with a thorough background check and in person interview and has a non refundable fee of $100. Global Entry is a program of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection service that allows pre-approved, low-risk travelers to receive expedited clearance upon arrival into the United States Check the CBP website for information.

Mobile Passport is the first Smartphone app authorized to expedite a traveler's entry process into the United States. This free APP, available for Android and iOS phones, will allow you to submit your passport and customs declaration via your smartphone or other mobile device instead of using the traditional paper method. I will add that at Port Everglades, they customs officers will want to see your passport book as well.

... instead of using the traditional paper method.

Just a small clarification, the paper forms have been replaced by the automated kiosks, at least in most airports. That’s one of the reasons why the mobile app helps to tremendously expedite things; because you don’t need to stand in line in order to use the kiosk. You just breeze to the next available agent who scans your phone, takes a quick peek at your passport and sends you on his way.

In airports like ATL where I use the mobile passport app most often, that can save you 30-60 minutes of unnecessary wait time during peak hours when most international flights are all arriving at the same time.

I couldn't find it without asking the concierge. There is no more blue and white form unless you've gone over your a pending allowance or have something to declare. If so, you'll have to ask at guest services since they no longer distribute the form in each storeroom. We disembarked PE on 12/8/17. The Mobile Passport wasn't working but we were out of the terminal in about 5 to 10 minutes.

Yeah, I noted on our last cruise (NOLA) a few weeks ago no more custom declaration form, except as you noted above. That was nice....but I have about 20 pre-filled out lacking only the ship's name and dates! I suppose those forms got retired between that cruise and our previous in March. Anyway, I got tired of digging out my passport to copy its number onto the form each time. Figures; once I got prepared they stopped using the form! ;)

Thanks for the tip on asking the terminal number. I will do that. Otherwise getting ashore through customs doesn't sounds like much of a hassle either with or without the Mobile Passport app.

We used it coming off our post-Thanksgiving cruise and it saved a TON of time. Walked right up to the immigration officer.