ChoiceAir

jshli

I am considering Choice Air to Europe next year. There is a significant savings since this cruise is "open jaw". We are arriving 2 days before the cruise and departing 1 day after the cruise so missing the ship and plane are not issues. Are there any other pros and cons? I always book direct with the airlines, so I have control but if I book with Choice Air will I be able to deal direct with American Airlines if there are any changes or cancellations to our flights, seating assignments, etc., as long as I have my Aa confirmation code or do I have to go through ChoiceAir? I appreciate any input.

I am considering Choice Air to Europe next year. There is a significant savings since this cruise is "open jaw". We are arriving 2 days before the cruise and departing 1 day after the cruise so missing the ship and plane are not issues. Are there any other pros and cons? I always book direct with the airlines, so I have control but if I book with Choice Air will I be able to deal direct with American Airlines if there are any changes or cancellations to our flights, seating assignments, etc., as long as I have my Aa confirmation code or do I have to go through ChoiceAir? I appreciate any input.

Once your flight is booked with Choice air, you can do direct to the airlines with your confirmation code and change seats, upgrade, etc.

If you want to change or cancel your flight, you would probably have to do it thru Choice Air, since they are your "Travel Agent" for the flight booking.

After the initial booking I have been able to deal direct with the airline. If you book non refundable fares you have no recourse with either. If you book refundable you should be able to deal direct with airlines. Also, if you book with choice air and you are part of an airlines frequent flyer program make sure you give choice air the numbers when booking as well as any TSA Pre check numbers.

We have a back to back in March. Choice Air website says that we don't qualify for the service. Does calling help? Is there a work around?

If the cruises are linked as a B2B, the Choice Air website has a problem with that. I've had to request the cruises be unlinked, then book the air with Choice Air, then re-link the cruises.

Thank you everyone. It was a very easy process which saved us over $800 for 2 open jaws tickets. I made the reservation over the phone, was given my American Airlines confirmation number immediately, and was able to change assigned seats within an hour of booking. Definitely worth it.

How do you guys get Choice Air? My reservation on the Celebrity site says to contact my TA, but the large online TA I used has language on the site that I should contact the cruise line for air arrangements. Do you know which is the party that should look into Choice Air for us? Maybe it's only available to X direct booking clients.

Trying on the Choice Air site is a lesson in frustration. I've tried three different browsers but none will make the drop downs work correctly. I'm skeptical that Choice Air can save us much, but who knows ... they certainly aren't spending money on their website.

Anyway, we scored a "sweet sixteen" 2C balcony cabin on Infinity in Alaska in September for less than 2k each so we are very excited. Should I check with Celebrity via phone or the online TA via phone? I'd hate to wait 45 minutes for an agent only to be told to call the other party.

How do you guys get Choice Air? My reservation on the Celebrity site says to contact my TA, but the large online TA I used has language on the site that I should contact the cruise line for air arrangements. Do you know which is the party that should look into Choice Air for us? Maybe it's only available to X direct booking clients.

Trying on the Choice Air site is a lesson in frustration. I've tried three different browsers but none will make the drop downs work correctly. I'm skeptical that Choice Air can save us much, but who knows ... they certainly aren't spending money on their website.

Anyway, we scored a "sweet sixteen" 2C balcony cabin on Infinity in Alaska in September for less than 2k each so we are very excited. Should I check with Celebrity via phone or the online TA via phone? I'd hate to wait 45 minutes for an agent only to be told to call the other party.

No matter who you booked with, you can use Choice Air for your flights. Contact them directly if you are having a hard time on their website -- 800-533-7803

Search for flights on your own then call them to get a price -- that's what I normally do.

I got a flight on choice Air to BCN for $191.00. Can't beat that price on your own.

I also use a large online TA. Once I have my booking number I call choice air and make my arrangements. Dont call Celebrity or the TA. You can find the choice air number on the Royal Caribbean site. If the air arrangements are round trip from same airport to same airport I don't find much savings. When they are for a cruise starting and ending in different ports the savings can be significant. Forget trying to use their website. Like Celebrity's site it is awful! Once I have made my arrangements, I call my TA to make sure I don't need to update my trip insurance.

Edited by Luvcrusn

Since I booked cruise directly with Celebrity and ChoiceAir also direct, can I now transfer my booking to my travel agent?

You have 60 days from the time you book to transfer to a travel agent. Most of us do so because the good travel agents give us OBC.

I also use a large online TA. Once I have my booking number I call choice air and make my arrangements. Dont call Celebrity or the TA. You can find the choice air number on the Royal Caribbean site. If the air arrangements are round trip from same airport to same airport I don't find much savings. When they are for a cruise starting and ending in different ports the savings can be significant. Forget trying to use their website. Like Celebrity's site it is awful! Once I have made my arrangements, I call my TA to make sure I don't need to update my trip insurance.

Thanks, I will give them a call!

We have a back to back in March. Choice Air website says that we don't qualify for the service. Does calling help? Is there a work around?

We almost always do B2B or B2B2B cruises, and when we have used Choice Air we have had to call them. But the savings for one-way international flights makes that inconvenience well worth it.