Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

On the Getaway, they showed movies on the atrium deck near the Internet cafe. And for people who find watching movies while cruising their preferred form of entertainment, all the movies shown were also available on the televisision in your stateroom. When I've been on ships that show movies on the pool deck, it's impossible to hear the audio due to the surrounding noise. Personally, I have always found a plethora of more enjoyable things to do when I cruise.

It's not about the movie, not about hearing it...just about cuddling up with a blanket and pretending to watch. We can all watch a movie in our homes/cabins, but this is a movie on a ship! Eat the popcorn, drink the drink, swaddle in the blanket and escape into the peace of watching. Most are movies you have seen... or have seen it in your cabin first if you really need to. I have tried to explain to my husband why I can watch "Love Actually" every year to no avail.

There is just something that those of us (way over 40) can relate to drive ins. Hard to explain, but an experience that soothes. As always, each person finds his/her own favorite places. I would rather have dental surgery than play bingo or go to an art auction onboard, but I truly appreciate that some love this. Most shows bore me to pieces, but others love them. We all find what we love. Fortunately, most ships offer something for all tastes. This ship will seem to offer what many want and need, one week of "Escape" from our daily lives, no matter how wonderful or horrible they are.

I just want to thank the folks who are spending time monitoring the web and bringing us pictures. After looking at the pictures of the forward balconies it's clear that Deck 17 has way more space than 18 at the same price. We changed our reservation and taught the NCL reservation agent Who had recommended 18 over 17 something new about the Escape.

Edited by Vortech

I just want to thank the folks who are spending time monitoring the web and bringing us pictures. After looking at the pictures of the forward balconies it's clear that Deck 17 has way more space than 18 at the same price. We changed our reservation and taught the NCL reservation agent Who had recommended 18 over 17 something new about the Escape.

What is it that is bigger? Rooms / Balcony?

The balcony is big enough to have a party !

"Wink wink nudge nudge...

You don't have to tell me anything more.":p

And that works on Getaway, but on Escape Spice H2O will be all adult all the time, not just day time like on Getaway. Kids wouldn't be able to watch movies there.

Sorry to spoil it to all of you that want SPICE H20 to be adults only all the time. I really do not think that will be the case, the wording on the Escape is exactly the same than the BA or GA as copied from BA description on NCL.com:

"Spice H2O

Inspired by the renowned summer beach parties on the island of Ibiza, Spice H20 is an adult-only escape with contemporary Asian influences located aft on Deck 15. By day, lounge beside hot tubs and a soothing waterfall; by night, it’s a whole different beat. Let loose and dance beneath the stars as vibrant images display on the huge video screen. Spice H20 will add pizzazz to your palate too, with its unique offerings of snacks and appetizers."

Spice has been proven to be very successful in terms of a great space for all the parties, and the main reason for that is that families are allow to be there together (kids included). I only have been on the BA but i know is the same for the GA (from reviews and pics). I've been in many NCL cruises and 4 NCL ships and never have seen any of the parties on the other ships so well attended and packed as on the BA regardless of the season (We sailed summer, fall and winter on the BA). So, sorry for the ones that think and want SPICE H20 to be adults only all day, but i really do not think that is going to happen, time will tell.

Sorry to spoil it to all of you that want SPICE H20 to be adults only all the time. I really do not think that will be the case, the wording on the Escape is exactly the same than the BA or GA as copied from BA description on NCL.com:

"Spice H2O

Inspired by the renowned summer beach parties on the island of Ibiza, Spice H20 is an adult-only escape with contemporary Asian influences located aft on Deck 15. By day, lounge beside hot tubs and a soothing waterfall; by night, it’s a whole different beat. Let loose and dance beneath the stars as vibrant images display on the huge video screen. Spice H20 will add pizzazz to your palate too, with its unique offerings of snacks and appetizers."

Spice has been proven to be very successful in terms of a great space for all the parties, and the main reason for that is that families are allow to be there together (kids included). I only have been on the BA but i know is the same for the GA (from reviews and pics). I've been in many NCL cruises and 4 NCL ships and never have seen any of the parties on the other ships so well attended and packed as on the BA regardless of the season (We sailed summer, fall and winter on the BA). So, sorry for the ones that think and want SPICE H20 to be adults only all day, but i really do not think that is going to happen, time will tell.

Scroll down to Spice H2O here:

http://www.escape.ncl.com/bars-lounges

I guess I'll find out in 85 days or less depending on the Hamburg crowd's reports.

I don't want it to be. I honestly couldn't care less. I posted what I posted because it's been reported by NCL several times that it would change on Escape to be all adult, all the time, and their web still shows that to be the case. I guess I will find out for sure on the TA.

Yeah, we enjoyed it on Getaway with my son, as well. He already knows that he might not be able to join us there on Escape for the evening parties. If he can, bonus for him.

Edited by LrgPizza

Would make movie screens at the pool seem like a good idea for family movies.

In the "Adult-only venue both day to night" will they show Adult movies...both day to night :eek:

Edited by legion3

I wonder what theme song the Escape will have ?

In case you missed it, the Breakaway has a new one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=93&v=Kk3dxDEVtJY

Very cool but I prefer the "Happy" version from GETAWAY. That video makes me want to jump up and book a cruise!

One constant in the videos is Julie the cruise director. I'm guessing she is behind them. Since she is headed to ESCAPE hopefully we see one from there as well. It will probably take time (maybe even a year or longer) to see one because I'm sure they are too busy with all the start-up activities and challenges to create a fun video.

Can anyone help me pick a deck? We are looking at Haven Aft Suites and have decks 9-13 to choose from. In looking at the deck plans, it seems that rooms on 12 and 13 have much larger rooms. Is this correct? I am thinking that Maybe 12 would have the right combo of bigger room and deck space. I know 9 is HUGE, but the room looks to be much smaller.

Thoughts?