Does X have souvenir soda cups like RCI?

Just wondering, does Celebrity have souvenir soda cups like RCI does? My wife usually gets the soda package when on RCI, and we like the cups that come with it as a souvineer.

This upcoming cruise on the Equinox, we both have the classic drink package, so I'm wondering if we will get a cup included with that? If not, is there one to purchase as a souvenir?

Thanks,

Dan

I have never seen this on Celebrity as they always used canned sodas on my cruises. However, I see on their website that fountain drinks are mentioned. I've never had (or seen) a fountain drink on Celebrity, but things have been changing lately, so perhaps a recent cruiser will have the latest information,

Have a great cruise.

Do they have the fountain type of soda (hoses with buttons to dispense) in the bars or only cans of soda that they use for cocktails and glasses of soda? If they only serve cans, are they generally cold?

On RCI ships with no freestyle machines, sometimes if they open a can at a bar it is not cold and melts all the ice. Just wondering since our first X cruise is coming up soon!

I'm sure when we were on our 1st cruise in 2009 DS then 12 had the soda package and had a souvenir cup, in fact I believe we still have it in the back of a cupboard somewhere. Not much use to OP no though if everyone is saying No They Don't. Obviously one more thing they have cut back on.

Do they have the fountain type of soda (hoses with buttons to dispense) in the bars or only cans of soda that they use for cocktails and glasses of soda? If they only serve cans, are they generally cold?

On RCI ships with no freestyle machines, sometimes if they open a can at a bar it is not cold and melts all the ice. Just wondering since our first X cruise is coming up soon!

My husband always gets the soda package. His experience is that the soda is always in a can and most of the time it is cold. Have a great first cruise!

I'm sure when we were on our 1st cruise in 2009 DS then 12 had the soda package and had a souvenir cup, in fact I believe we still have it in the back of a cupboard somewhere. Not much use to OP no though if everyone is saying No They Don't. Obviously one more thing they have cut back on.

Right you are. We have a few of those souvenir cups. Back when they gave them the soda was not in cans.

We like the cans much more than from the hose. The mugs are still in our cupboard.

Occasionally on embarkation day we have seen cocktails served in a souvenir cup which one pays extra for, but not on every cruise. The busy bars often have post mix sodas for mixed drinks as opposed to cans but cans are still available and they are cold

Cans are generally cold unless they run out and have to grab stock from a closet somewhere. This has most often happened to me at the bar in the buffet. Diet Coke always seems to be popular so they sometimes run low on the stocked supply.

Just wondering, does Celebrity have souvenir soda cups like RCI does? My wife usually gets the soda package when on RCI, and we like the cups that come with it as a souvineer.

This upcoming cruise on the Equinox, we both have the classic drink package, so I'm wondering if we will get a cup included with that? If not, is there one to purchase as a souvenir?

Thanks,

Dan

They may have souvenir cups/glasses for sale in one of the shops on the ship, if you are looking to purchase one as a souvenir. If you are just looking for an insulated cup to drink out of while on the ship, I would bring one from home, much cheaper.

We experienced the Freestyle machines for the first time on a family cruise back in March, and I have to say that I'd love to see them on Celebrity.

I think the touchscreens on them are extremely unsanitary.

We experienced the Freestyle machines for the first time on a family cruise back in March, and I have to say that I'd love to see them on Celebrity.

Freestyle machines are getting more and more popular and they have them at a number of fast food restaurants - unfortunately, I've never gotten a decent diet coke out of one of them. I don't know if it's they syrup they use or mix adjustment - but it's always a disappointment.

Mike

One local place has the Freestyle machine and if you want water, you have to get it from there. If someone has had Fanta before you, the water comes out slightly orange. Ditto with the other flavors. It's maddening.

I don't know if you can tell, but I am not a fan of the machines at all.

I think the touchscreens on them are extremely unsanitary.

No more so than the buttons on elevators or the many other surfaces on board that we all touch. Most of the machines I've used have had a nearby hand sanitizer dispenser.