Costa cancelled our cruise

drsel

The OP has returned but did not answer any of my questions:

from post 24 - Your cruise was scheduled a year from now - what costs have you incurred thus far?

from post 31 - Why should (you) be 'compensated' if (you have) incurred no expense?

from post 36 - The OP has not provided us with the information as to whether a comparable option is available. If it is, has he asked Costa to switch his reservation to that?

OP - If there is no equivalent cruise available on Costa at the time and itinerary you want then you are out of luck and just get your deposit back and find a cruise on another line. Your preferred sail dates are still a year out. If you've incurred no additional monetary expenses to date do not expect any monetary compensation. If you chose to sail with Costa take the OBC as a goodwill gesture.

No they can't cancel on their own. You must be the one to cancel if you don't like their offer.

You did not answer whether you had agreed with the changes and OBC offered in any way (phone call recorded, email...). If you have it will be pretty tough to negotiate a different compensation.

I accepted their offer on email then, (on being AUTOMATICALLY TRANSFERRED to NeoRiviera in November), because I didn't want to cancel and get a refund. ( REFUND was the ONLY other option offered by Costa)

Later, I read on another thread, that a cruiser (whose cruise was cancelled), was generously offered another similar free cruise plus OBC equal to the amount he paid.

The OP has returned but did not answer any of my questions:

from post 24 - Your cruise was scheduled a year from now - what costs have you incurred thus far?

Zero CASH, but plenty of TIME researching airfares, hotel costs, itinerary & internal travel by train (logistics/connections, train timings, ticket cost, etc) for a detailed land tour in Italy before the cruise.

from post 31 - Why should (you) be 'compensated' if (you have) incurred no expense?

For having to do the cruise in early WINTER, instead of September, the best season for travel & sightseeing in Italy & Greece, (as ifern already explained very well)

from post 36 - The OP has not provided us with the information as to whether a comparable option is available. If it is, has he asked Costa to switch his reservation to that?

A comparable option is available, but in November (early winter).

Nobody got a chance to ask Costa anything. All those booked on NeoClassica were AUTO TRANSFERRED to NeoRiviera, with the same itinerary in November & 100 euro pp OBC as compensation for change of date (Sept. peak season to Nov. off season), change of ship & change of departure port (Bari to Venice).

OP - If there is no equivalent cruise available on Costa at the time and itinerary you want then you are out of luck and just get your deposit back and find a cruise on another line.

I don't want a refund. I love to cruise & want to try out Costa for the 1st time.

Your preferred sail dates are still a year out. If you've incurred no additional monetary expenses to date do not expect any monetary compensation. If you chose to sail with Costa take the OBC as a goodwill gesture.

I have answered ALL you questions in detail (blue)

Edited by drsel

I also have another problem now, (which is still not rectified)

The so called ''free'' OBC of 200 euros (= $235) offered as ''compensation'' has been later added to my cruise bill & I received a new Booking confirmation by email showing my cruise fare increased by $235 from $2258 to $2493 (+ Euro 580 DSC) !

On bringing this ''mistake'' to their attention, I got a reply

''Kindly note per procedure, we need to insert the OBC EUR200 in USD equivalent to your booking prior to departure.

We are waiting for HQ to send us the discount code so we can waive this charge.

Rest assured that OBC is complimentary and your total booking amount is USD 2258''.

I am still waiting for this ''extra charge of $235'' to be waived!

I also have another problem now, (which is still not rectified)

The so called ''free'' OBC of 200 euros (= $235) offered as ''compensation'' has been later added to my cruise bill & I received a new Booking confirmation by email showing my cruise fare increased by $235 from $2258 to $2493 (+ Euro 580 DSC) !

On bringing this ''mistake'' to their attention, I got a reply

''Kindly note per procedure, we need to insert the OBC EUR200 in USD equivalent to your booking prior to departure.

We are waiting for HQ to send us the discount code so we can waive this charge.

Rest assured that OBC is complimentary and your total booking amount is USD 2258''.

I am still waiting for this ''extra charge of $235'' to be waived!

I guess all you can do is continue to contact them from time to time to request a status update as to when it will be adjusted. Not sure what other options you have. But I would also suggest calling and talking with a representative if you have not already done so and not rely just on email. I would find this frustrating, however.

I wonder where are all the posters who were ''irritated'' , who accused me of ''hiding facts'', being a ''liar'' & ''fooling everyone'' ???

I have explained everything in detail & replied to ALL my detractors, critics & even those who insulted me openly.

OBC offered as compensation is Euro 100 per person. No cabin upgrade, no drinks package. Nothing else.

In the post that you started this thread with you wrote"they offered 100 euro (per person) OBC as compensation plus an extra night in Venice for free".

Now you write they only offered the obc and nothing else. Just a guess but maybe others think you fooled them because you contradict yourself?

I wonder where are all the posters who were ''irritated'' , who accused me of ''hiding facts'', being a ''liar'' & ''fooling everyone'' ???

I have explained everything in detail & replied to ALL my detractors, critics & even those who insulted me openly.

I don't think your answers (or many of your posts here on any subject) make very much sense so I decided to sit back and watch everyone else continue to get tangled up in this web of confusion. Still here, just observing.

So you suggest that we should be happy with $117 OBC on a $1129 Cruise fare, for the inconveniences of visiting Europe in Winter instead of September, on a different ship, sailing out from a different port?

Full refund, since a year out there shouldn't be any nonrefundable ancillary costs like plane or hotel. Then you simply book a new cruise when, where, and with whom you want. Their 'incentives' aren't enough to make you want to let them keep your $1129, so don't. I can't imagine that the contract can deprive you of the right to a full refund in this circumstance. In fact, I'd bet this is the kind of situation where contesting the charge would work with the credit card company.

So by all means negotiate, but know that this is what their offer has to beat. Giving you a little chump change to get you to accept something you don't want ain't it, IMO.

No they can't cancel on their own. You must be the one to cancel if you don't like their offer.

You did not answer whether you had agreed with the changes and OBC offered in any way (phone call recorded, email...). If you have it will be pretty tough to negotiate a different compensation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the OP tries to renegoitate his cruise Costa has every right to cancel the contract. OP original contract (neoClassica) was cancelled by Costa (ship sold) and he was offered another cruise for the same amount of money (even though the new cruise is more expensive and a bettership together with OBC) so Costa fullfilled their contract which OP accepted. Although the ship is now leaving in November (2018) from a southern Italian port, the ship is head to Suez, Red Sea and beyond, what winter will be there.

OP now has an Avatar show Elite - Celebrity?

I have come across OP on several forums here (Celebrity, Princess, Costa), as soon as someone mentions that they got a free upgrade or OBC because of a problem. The OP sends off a multitude of messages, about how, when where an he get the same.

The OP original posted his first message on this thread on the Costa board, he didn't get one answer.

CC has a wonderful feature called the Ignore List.

Edited by G.M.T.

In the post that you started this thread with you wrote"they offered 100 euro (per person) OBC as compensation plus an extra night in Venice for free".

Now you write they only offered the obc and nothing else. Just a guess but maybe others think you fooled them because you contradict yourself?

The November Cruise is 1 night longer

I don't think your answers (or many of your posts here on any subject) make very much sense so I decided to sit back and watch everyone else continue to get tangled up in this web of confusion. Still here, just observing.

Hey Tina, what is it you didn't understand? Or do you think that everything I wrote is nonsense???

Hey Tina, what is it you didn't understand? Or do you think that everything I wrote is nonsense???

To me, most of it is doublespeak and nonsense - not that you need to explain anything to me. You do you. You just asked where your doubters were so I figured I'd speak up.

I have come across OP on several forums here (Celebrity, Princess, Costa), as soon as someone mentions that they got a free upgrade or OBC because of a problem. The OP sends off a multitude of messages, about how, when, where; and can he get the same.

Yes Sir, I am a bargain hunter![emoji6]

The OP original posted his first message on this thread on the Costa board, he didn't get one answer.

That's because very few folks check the Costa forums.

Most North Americans prefer the giant American Cruise lines (Royal, Celebrity, Carnival, Norwegian, etc). They have never tried Costa or are simply not interested. I read that Costa isn't marketed much in North America.

That's because very few folks check the Costa forums.

Most North Americans prefer the giant American Cruise lines (Royal, Celebrity, Carnival, Norwegian, etc). They have never tried Costa or are simply not interested. I read that Costa isn't marketed much in North America.

No. Most posters on the Costa forum are wary about the OP.

I guess they stopped playing your game?

Sent from my iPad using Forums