New menu in the main dining room?

snoope

Hey, I order the dessert (RCL version of ice cream sundae) form the kid's menu. The waiters just look at me in a silly way.:D

If you ever sail on Princess, try the Volcano off the kids menu. Loaded vertical banana split.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by jagsfan

Sorry this may be a stupid question but it's been a while since I cruised on Royal.

It used to be they had a theme every night with menu to reflect that, then there was a separate section with standard items available every night. Is this new menu the ONLY choices offered all week and the theme night menus are gone?

Sorry this may be a stupid question but it's been a while since I cruised on Royal.

It used to be they had a theme every night with menu to reflect that, then there was a separate section with standard items available every night. Is this new menu the ONLY choices offered all week and the theme night menus are gone?

The spice theme menus are going away. The new menus have the standard items integrated in the same section with the items that change nightly.

Oasis of the Seas MDR menus as of February 2018 (part 1/2):

These are very similar to what was posted in the beginning of this thread in December, but there are some slight updates so I figured I'd post them. I also included the MDR Lunch Menu and Kid's Dinner Menu which I hadn't seen recently posted.

You should be able to click the thumbnails for a larger version.

Day 1 - Embarkation:

dinner_day1.jpg

Day 2 - Sea Day (Formal Night):

dinner_day2.jpg

Day 3 - Sea Day (sorry, didn't go to the MDR this night, so captured from the monitors outside, but confirmed to be pretty accurate with what was served):

dinner_day3.jpg

Day 4 - St. Maarten:

dinner_day4.jpg

Day 5 - San Juan (Formal Night):

dinner_day5.jpg

• Like 1

Oasis of the Seas MDR menus as of February 2018 (part 2/2):

Day 6 - Labadee:

dinner_day6.jpg

Day 7 - Sea Day:

dinner_day7.jpg

MDR Kid's Dinner Menu (same on all days):

dinner_kids_menu.jpg

MDR Lunch Menu (same on all Sea days):

lunch.jpg

Also available at https:// i m g u r . c o m /a/HcCNo (remove spaces from URL)

Edited by markbach
mixed up some captions

Thanks for posting these. My main concern is that the gluten free options are much more limited than they used to be. My DD had at least 3 or 4 options in each category (Except dessert) every night on our last cruise.

Did the luncheon set up in the MDR, in addition to the menu, have the Tutti salad bar. Also, with the salad bar was there a separate dessert table with chocolate fountain. This was the set-up on out Anthem's Jan. 28th sail.

Did the luncheon set up in the MDR, in addition to the menu, have the Tutti salad bar. Also, with the salad bar was there a separate dessert table with chocolate fountain. This was the set-up on out Anthem's Jan. 28th sail.

I can confirm that Freedom did have the Tutti Salad bar, A huge table of selections of desserts, and a create your own pasta station as well. I got off of Freedom this past Saturday, so very recent. Don't recall if there was a chocolate fountain though

Yes, you could either select the "a la carte" side with table service and the above menu, or the "buffet side" which had the salad bar and some hot entrees and an antipasto table. There was a dessert buffet as well but no chocolate fountain on Oasis. There was also no problem with doing the menu side and getting supplemental food from the buffet (e.g. I grabbed a plate of desserts since none of the listed options appealed to me).

Oasis of the Seas MDR menus as of February 2018 (part 2/2):

Also available at https:// i m g u r . c o m /a/HcCNo (remove spaces from URL)

Did they really have the lobster tail on the menu on day 6 after Labadee, and not on day 5 formal night?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did they really have the lobster tail on the menu on day 6 after Labadee, and not on day 5 formal night?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Formal night switches day 5 and 6 menus. It is either an at sea day for western and San Juan for Eastern is my experience

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Lobster was 2nd formal night (Day 5 / San Juan). Looks like they're mislabled on i m g u r. I'll try and fix that. Sorry!

edit: should be fixed now. Day 5 was formal (lobster/prime rib), Day 6 was tiger shrimp/steak diane, and Day 7 was cod/turkey.

Honestly, it surprised me that the second formal night was on day 5. I am used to it being on day 6.

Thanks for posting the menus as I will probably adjust my existing specialty restaurant reservations for our Oasis May 20 cruise based on these menus.

My thanks, again, to all who posted.

And, like the poster above, would appreciate confirmation that day 5, not day 6, was the second formal night.

Honestly, it surprised me that the second formal night was on day 5. I am used to it being on day 6.

Thanks for posting the menus as I will probably adjust my existing specialty restaurant reservations for our Oasis May 20 cruise based on these menus.

My thanks, again, to all who posted.

And, like the poster above, would appreciate confirmation that day 5, not day 6, was the second formal night.

second formal night on our 6 night Freedom that ended 3/3 was on the FIFTH night

Thank you both for reconfirming. I went ahead before I even saw these reconfirmations and canceled our specialty dining for day 5 as I liked what the MDR had on the menu. We already have one specialty dining for night 3, and given the menu posted, I kept that one in place.

Much appreciated the help, reconfirmation, and the posted menus:D. We are easren sailing, so should match up with info you have all shared.