CocoCay vs Perfect Day at Cococay

Earlier this week we booked a 7 day cruise on Anthem. It has

• 2 days of cruising (start and end)
  • 1 day at Orlando
  • 1 day at CocoCay
  • 1 day at Nassau.

Today I got an email advertising "Perfect Day at CoCo Cay". The strange thing is when I look at the itinerary in mock booking it has

• 2 days of cruising and itinerary (start and end)
  • 1 day at Orlando,
  • 1 day at CocoCay
  • 1 day Perfect Day at Cococay

Does this mean 2 days at CocoCay? Or would this be a mistake (and spelling is as listed above)? Or are there now 2 parts to CocoCay where it is a 2 day stop?

P.S. - 2 days at CoCo Cay (beach/waterpark) vs 1 day at CoCo Cay and 1 day at Nassau is not such a bad thing

Edited by LuCruise

Earlier this week we booked a 7 day cruise on Anthem. It has

• 2 days of cruising (start and end)
  • 1 day at Orlando
  • 1 day at CocoCay
  • 1 day at Nassau.

Today I got an email advertising "Perfect Day at CoCo Cay". The strange thing is when I look at the itinerary in mock booking it has

• 2 days of cruising and itinerary (start and end)
  • 1 day at Orlando,
  • 1 day at CocoCay
  • 1 day Perfect Day at Cococay

Does this mean 2 days at CocoCay? Or would this be a mistake (and spelling is as listed above)? Or are there now 2 parts to CocoCay where it is a 2 day stop?

P.S. - 2 days at CoCo Cay (beach/waterpark) vs 1 day at CoCo Cay and 1 day at Nassau is not such a bad thing

Did it assign actual days to each stop? Should be pretty easy to tell what your actual stops are.

I just checked the RC website, and you do appear to have two days at CocoCay.

What is the date of your sailing?

(the title of your cruise/itinerary has actually changed to: "Bahamas and Perfect Day Cruise"

I just checked the RC website, and you do appear to have two days at CocoCay.

What is the date of your sailing?

(the title of your cruise/itinerary has actually changed to: "Bahamas and Perfect Day Cruise"

March 2020 -so well after the changes

Didn't notice the title. Interesting. Not sure why they named the days differently. And other funny thing is they list different arrive and departure times..but maybe website not fully updated

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

March 2020 -so well after the changes

Didn't notice the title. Interesting. Not sure why they named the days differently. And other funny thing is they list different arrive and departure times..but maybe website not fully updated

I think that they are telling you that there is no overnighting on the island, so there are sort of "start" and "end" times.

I think that they are telling you that there is no overnighting on the island, so there are sort of "start" and "end" times.

That makes sense.

I wonder if they are different parts of CoCo Cay, since they are labelled differently on the itinerary? Or different parts are open second day such as waterslides (mentioned in 'perfect day' description...but new items mentioned in first day description too). Anyways, I'm sure others will report way before our cruise so will find out soon enough. ;)

Btw...still wondering the difference. The waterslides, zipline, etc are only available for booking on the "Perfect Day at CoCo Cay" so seems like they are not the same thing (even is same place) ..but nothing showing yet for the other CoCo Cay day.

We have done what they call a “Double Dip” on the Disney Dream to their private destination Castaway Cay. We docked for the day, left for the night and docked again the next day.

Guessing this is what Royal will do?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done what they call a “Double Dip” on the Disney Dream to their private destination Castaway Cay. We docked for the day, left for the night and docked again the next day.

Yeah..and I'm totally good with 2 days at Coco Cay vs one of those days at Nassau. Our kids are going to love it there (our wallet, not so much ;) ) . Guess I'm just questioning the two days since they are labelled differently plus the items for purchase (waterpark access, zipline, etc) are only showing on day 2 (labelled as 'Perfect Day at Coco Cay"). Not a big deal...just curious.

I don't understand why the ship would have to leave during the night.:confused:

Why would they leave for the night, instead of staying at the pier? Seems like a waste of fuel to me.

I am guessing that it is safer for the ship to not be moored overnight. I know that sometimes the weather can get bad and you don’t want the ship banging into the dock. It could damage the ship and the dock.

I know there are times that the ship can’t even get into Castaway because of winds, waves, and such. So this could be the case with Coco Cay?

Or it could be some random rule? You know the regulations with cruise ships.

I just posted in another thread about this. I was looking at the same cruise. Here is my post...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2640390&highlight=perfect+day&page=1

My wife and I are very interested in this.

Does anyone know if RCL will offer multiple day itineraries? I found one that leaves NJ and is in Orlando the first stop then to CocoCay for 2 days but it only has Perfect Day at CocoCay on 1 of the days?

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cr...cy=USD&wuc=USA

My wife and I have no problem with having one day at the park and another at the beach but the kids may want to spend both days at the park. Going by the price list that was posted we could even do 2 half days at the park and spend the second half of the day at CocoCay beach.

All of the other itineraries I see have 1 day at CocoCay and the next at Nassau. Nothing wrong with that but if this new park is geared towards kids it will be a buzz kill for them.

I also see cruises coming out of Miami, which is only a short trip, still only having 1 day at Cococay.

I plan to make a call and see what a rep says but I have a feeling that they may not know anything about it.

Thirstday, let me know what they say. Maybe they just open the waterpark stuff on day 2? Seems odd though...especially with how much money they can make by having it open on both days. It's possible too that the system isn't fully updated since one of those CocoCay days was originally Nassau. Funny enough too...excursions are currently only showing for the "Perfect Day" at CoCo Cay...so likewise, maybe just not fully loaded up yet?

P.S. - I'd also like to know how the half day works. If the time literally starts at 7:30am then we have to be off the ship really early to get full use of that half day. (plus not sure how chilly it will be at that hour in March). Quite pricey for full day cost (esp in CAD)

LuCruise,

I spoke with a representative who couldn't answer all of my questions about CocoCay but was willing to speak to a supervisor about it. Here is what she told me.

*For sailings that will be docked at CocoCay for more than one day, you will be able to have access to the beach and the park both days. So even though the website has Cococay on day 1 and Perfect Day on day 2 of the itinerary, you can essentially use both days to go to the park or split the days half and half.

*Access to the park is at a cost which allows access to complimentary attractions like the freshwater pool and wave pool but other attractions will cost extra. Basically, anything that is not on the price list that was posted is free.

*No info on future sailings that will have more than one day at CocoCay port. The rep searched herself and could only find Anthem of the Seas 7 day cruise from NJ that had 2 days at CocoCay. She did admit that it would be beneficial to have more options of ships and itineraries that offer multiple day stays there. She encouraged me and anyone else to reach out to RCI and suggest it.

There is still so much time before the park is opened so things can change, including pricing.

Thanks so much for reporting back. Didn't realize it's only the 7day out of NY that currently have the 2 days. Glad to hear the wave pool and other are included...thought these were extra. Sounds like there is choice. Looking forward to seeing the changes!

It's a misprint. Go to the seven day Anthem in Feb 2020 and look at the itinerary (Called "Leaving From - Visiting"). The general view on the right side of the page shows Coco Cay (after Port Canaveral) and next "Perfect Day at Cococay". I believe this is an error because the detailed itinerary on the left side of the page, where you have to click on each day, shows Perfect Day at Cococay on day 4 and then Nassau on day 5. I believe this is the actual itinerary IMHO.

It's a misprint. Go to the seven day Anthem in Feb 2020 and look at the itinerary (Called "Leaving From - Visiting"). The general view on the right side of the page shows Coco Cay (after Port Canaveral) and next "Perfect Day at Cococay". I believe this is an error because the detailed itinerary on the left side of the page, where you have to click on each day, shows Perfect Day at Cococay on day 4 and then Nassau on day 5. I believe this is the actual itinerary IMHO.

Definitely inconsistencies. I see what you mean on Feb 23 2020 sailing.

The one I have in my post is the one that shows for Mar 22, 2020. The description on the left matches the summary with both listing "CoCoCay" for day 4 and "Perfect Day at Cococay" on Day 5. I'm sure eventually they'll fix what needs fixing.

I think they fixed it, when I go to the link, the day 5 is Nassau, not another Coco Cay. This is for Feb-Mar 2020

Yes thanks...now it's back to 1 day for Perfect Day at CoCo Cay (day 4) and then followed by Nassau (day 5). Would have been fine with 2 days. And CoCo Cay now starts at 9:30am, which is better than 7:30am (i.e. for use of half day water park)