Parking for nyc cruise

minimaria

Welcome to Cruise Critic. There is a board here called North American Homeports. Under that is East Coast Departures. You will get the best suggestions there. Whatever is suggested, it won't be cheap. You will also need to tell which port you are sailing from: Manhattan, Brooklyn (Red Hook), or Cape Liberty (Bayonne NJ). EM

Okay , parking @ the Manhattan piers (if that is where OP is questioning ) is expensive , but the convenience and security of parking next to your ship is worth it .

Considering what you are spending on this cruise , it is peanuts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Okay , parking @ the Manhattan piers (if that is where OP is questioning ) is expensive , but the convenience and security of parking next to your ship is worth it .

What security? Do you know how many newer car batteries are stolen (or switched [primarily from rental cars] for old ones) in Manhattan parking lots?

I lived in NYC nearly my entire life and I have never parked a car where it would be over night in Manhattan .

What security? Do you know how many newer car batteries are stolen (or switched [primarily from rental cars] for old ones) in Manhattan parking lots?

The parking at the pier is very secure. You need to pay your $40 a day fee when you pull in, and it’s locked tight when ships aren’t embarking or disembarking.

You park at the pier next to your ship. Done.

Safe secure no issues at all. Your battery is not going to be stolen and replaced with garbage

Just park at the pier

I was told that I could park in N.J. for half the price. It is safe and cheaper. Then I take the ferry back. I am wondering if it is worth considering.

The parking at the pier is very secure. You need to pay your $40 a day fee when you pull in, and it’s locked tight when ships aren’t embarking or disembarking.

Have you heard of any one parking in N.J. I was told it is safe and half the price. But you need to take the ferry.

I was told that I could park in N.J. for half the price. It is safe and cheaper. Then I take the ferry back. I am wondering if it is worth considering.

I guess it might be for you if you don't mind dragging your stuff from whatever lot you find in Jersey to the ferry to the ship and then back again

Btw where did you hear the parking at the port was not safe?

It's convenient

It's easy to drive to

It's not like you are driving through midtown manhattan

You pay

You park

You take your key with you

You see your car from the ship decks

The lot is locked until the ship returns

You return you get in your car you drive home

No taxi

No ferry

Just off you go

I just don't get why anyone would NOT park there

I for one would not leave my key with any lot for more than a few hours...be it Jersey...NYC...or Scarsdale lol

To the op....I dont know where you are driving in from but the only reason to leave a car in Jersey imho would be if you are spending a pre cruise night there and the hotel is shuttling you in the next day and allowing you to leave your car there for the week

If you are driving from your home on the morning of the cruise then seriously...just drive to the port and park

Edited by maggie cruises

The pier parking is not exactly a manhattan parking lot in any sense of the word

It is a secure safe locked up lot where no one will go near your car until you return from your cruise

Totally agree. If the OP is going to be on a 1 week cruise, that is $280. Considering the cost of the cruise, that is round off error.

DON

I guess it might be for you if you don't mind dragging your stuff from whatever lot you find in Jersey to the ferry to the ship and then back again

Btw where did you hear the parking at the port was not safe?

It's convenient

It's easy to drive to

It's not like you are driving through midtown manhattan

You pay

You park

You take your key with you

You see your car from the ship decks

The lot is locked until the ship returns

You return you get in your car you drive home

No taxi

No ferry

Just off you go

I just don't get why anyone would NOT park there

I for one would not leave my key with any lot for more than a few hours...be it Jersey...NYC...or Scarsdale lol

To the op....I dont know where you are driving in from but the only reason to leave a car in Jersey imho would be if you are spending a pre cruise night there and the hotel is shuttling you in the next day and allowing you to leave your car there for the week

If you are driving from your home on the morning of the cruise then seriously...just drive to the port and park

Thank You so much!!!

We parked in Weehawken, NJ for a one night cruise, so only a small carryon. The parking lot was for the ferry terminal. We walked to the terminal, got on the ferry, crossed the Hudson, got off and walked the several blocks to the pier. EM

Have you heard of any one parking in N.J. I was told it is safe and half the price. But you need to take the ferry.

http://www.nywaterway.com/portimperialweehawkenterminal.aspx

This is the parking facility and ferry you are thinking about. You would pay for parking and the ferry. From the Port Imperial terminal in Weehawken you would use the midtown/ west 39th street route. They also have their own buses which is included in the price of the ferry.