New Steakhouse Menu (October 2017)

Live Music and Dancing? Never have I have observed such during my Carnival Cruises. The facility is there and is unused for such activities.

Also, I have NEVER seen anyone sitting at the Bar in the Steakhouse enjoying an adult beverage.

Desirable? Yes. It would be an elevation of the cruise experience.

I remember years ago, there was a piano player/singer during some of my dinners in the Steakhouse. Now the only live music I hear played is occasionally at the MDR while either waiting outside or sometimes during dinner (elegant night?) - a 3 piece jazz or supper club trio

Is the room service cheesecake the same as the Steakhouse item? I know the MDR cheesecake isn't. Thanks for the info.

I haven't had the cheesecake from room service in a few years, but at that time it was nowhere near the same as the steakhouse cheesecake. It was good though. At least, IMO. I may have to try again next week.

I asked the question about the Steakhouse cheesecake version, since I've had it many times and there have been many raves about it here on CC. I've never ordered the room service variety, so I couldn't compare, but I had suspicions it wasn't as good.

My husband booked the reservation for us and said there was nothing on the confirmation about the wine. Maybe we need to call HAL. But what department would be able to check on that for me?

?? HAL ??

This is a CCL board and the steakhouse as well as the free bottle of wine on the first night is on CCL ships.

?? HAL ??

This is a CCL board and the steakhouse as well as the free bottle of wine on the first night is on CCL ships.

Oops! My bad. I am booked on CCL, but I was also checking on something on the HAL boards and mistakenly wrote the wrong cruise name.

And to follow-up, my husband didn't scroll down past the part of the email that said your reservation has been confirmed. I asked to see the email he received and low and behold, below the signature there was the notice of the promotion! Thanks to whoever pointed out that fact!:D

Oops! My bad. I am booked on CCL, but I was also checking on something on the HAL boards and mistakenly wrote the wrong cruise name.

And to follow-up, my husband didn't scroll down past the part of the email that said your reservation has been confirmed. I asked to see the email he received and low and behold, below the signature there was the notice of the promotion! Thanks to whoever pointed out that fact!:D

You're welcome! :D

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the information (and the pictures)! One of the posters mentioned tipping ... is the standard tip 20%?

We will be enjoying the Steakhouse for the first time on our December 23 Magic Cruise.

Thanks again!

Lori

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the information (and the pictures)! One of the posters mentioned tipping ... is the standard tip 20%?

We will be enjoying the Steakhouse for the first time on our December 23 Magic Cruise.

Thanks again!

Lori

The gratuity is already embedded in the $35 per person price. There is no need to tip extra unless you really want to.

Hi everyone,

Thanks again!

Lori

The gratuity is already embedded in the $35 per person price. There is no need to tip extra unless you really want to.

This is correct - though as the case with many things (think hotel room service with a service charge and gratuity already added on top), there is a line on the receipt for a tip. Not sure if it says "additional" or anything that might clue you in to the fact that it's at your discretion.

We'll normally tip an additional $10 pp for good/very good service, and occasionally even more for spectacular service.

Tom

Rather annoying to me that they will not tell us how much of the $ 35 is the tip. Have heard speculation running from half of it to none. Ask the waitstaff and they will quickly tell you none but do not believe that.

as a result we base tipping on whether service has been exemplary. Satisfactory will equal no additional tip.

I find it hard to believe a piece of cheesecake would be a reason not to eat in the Steakhouse. The food is so good, we barely have room for dessert.

Did anyone say they wouldn't eat at the Steakhouse due to the lack of cheesecake? Can you provide that post? I've been reading this thread from the beginning and I don't recall anyone posting what you wrote.

And while I'm disappointed the cheesecake is gone for now, I'll continue my usual practice of having at least 1 meal in the Steakhouse per weekly cruise.

the menu on the website still show the old menu for Breeze. We will cruise on 11/19 if they new menu is in place my whole family will go but with the old menu only 3 of the 5 will want to go. My DD does not like steak or lobster, but would love the shrimp on the new menu.

Did anyone say they wouldn't eat at the Steakhouse due to the lack of cheesecake? Can you provide that post? I've been reading this thread from the beginning and I don't recall anyone posting what you wrote.

And while I'm disappointed the cheesecake is gone for now, I'll continue my usual practice of having at least 1 meal in the Steakhouse per weekly cruise.

I guess that proves that we're creatures of habit and one little thing that it outside the norm, then we refuse to conform to a new paradigm.

the menu on the website still show the old menu for Breeze. We will cruise on 11/19 if they new menu is in place my whole family will go but with the old menu only 3 of the 5 will want to go. My DD does not like steak or lobster, but would love the shrimp on the new menu.

I wrote to the Glory steakhouse manager asking them about the new menu implementation. I was informed that they do not know the schedule for the new menu. We're cruising late April next year, so hoping that it will be in play then.

Rather annoying to me that they will not tell us how much of the $ 35 is the tip. Have heard speculation running from half of it to none. Ask the waitstaff and they will quickly tell you none but do not believe that.

as a result we base tipping on whether service has been exemplary. Satisfactory will equal no additional tip.

Personally, it doesn't bother me as I know I have paid the tip, whatever it may be. How much of it is tip is not my concern just as their wages and stuff isn't my concern. I just pay what I am asked to pay and then go on with life.

And even if someone did say that they would no longer go to the Steakhouse because of the lack of cheesecake now, what would that matter to anyone else? I like what I like, they like what they like, what does it matter to me what someone else likes??

Personally, it doesn't bother me as I know I have paid the tip, whatever it may be. How much of it is tip is not my concern just as their wages and stuff isn't my concern. I just pay what I am asked to pay and then go on with life.

Do you ever tip your cabin steward a bit extra (above the auto gratuities)?

Whatever portion of the $35 that goes to the waitstaff you can be sure it's minimal.

For bottles of wine we purchase in the Steakhouse I'm less inclined to leave extra, though I sometimes do. They automatically add (I don't know... 15%+) on there. The bottle is typically double (or more) its "regular" price, so since I'm already splurging a bit in vacation mode, what's a few more $'s - other than sufficient to bring a smile to someones face. :)

Heck - I've even brought some smiles to people in the deli. THANKS for making that great sandwich and being so friendly!

I worked in food service for years and can tell you that receiving an unexpected tip will put a little spring in your step for a time!

Tom