Worried about Bliss

sarajean

Have you been on any of the BA/BA+ class ships? Have you cruised with NCL? Did you enjoy?

The negative reviews I have read are from people who don’t want to make reservations or the delays getting on/off or not liking NCL freestyle or not liking life!

The Bliss is a beautiful ship, staffed with people who seem to like their jobs and want passengers to enjoy their vacation. We had such an amazing time on the TA & Panama, we are doing Alaska - we have never taken 3 cruises in one year before & have already cruised Alaska.

I was disappointed in the size of the theatre (made reservations) & the Cavern (went early & had a drink) but it was nice to enjoy music in a smaller venue

We have an Alaska cruise booked for next June on the Bliss. Reviews are not to favourable .

Should i not read too much into the reviews?

Not to worry.

Reviews are just opinions. Bliss is great and doing great in Alaska so much so that NCL has decided to add her twin, Norwegian Joy next year to also do Alaska cruises.

Thank you for all your great responses.

Yes i was on the BA to Bermuda and really liked it.

Also did the Allure and the Oasis. I do like the big ships. We usually go with the flow and are not hard to please. I am planning this Alaska cruise with 5 other couples. Some have cruised before, some have not. That is why i was getting worried.

I also know you need to plan a little for dinning and shows.

:):)

We have an Alaska cruise booked for next June on the Bliss. Reviews are not to favourable .

Most of us read too much into reviews, especially negative ones. We all expect to have a good time so we do not always come back and let the world know something was great, but if things are not exactly as we hoped we love to let the world know. Add to this you are talking about a new ship. It takes a while to iron out wrinkles. So, most of the problems you may be reading about will be solved way before you cruise.

We sailed the first sailing on the Jewel way back in 2005. There was a lot of griping, though we loved her. Actually we didn't like our cabin stewardess at all, but everyone else was good to outstanding. Still people were picking apart some to the most minor things.

Thank you for all your great responses.

Yes i was on the BA to Bermuda and really liked it.

Also did the Allure and the Oasis. I do like the big ships. We usually go with the flow and are not hard to please. I am planning this Alaska cruise with 5 other couples. Some have cruised before, some have not. That is why i was getting worried.

I also know you need to plan a little for dinning and shows.

:):)

Sarajean, I'm sure you and your friends will have a great time on the Bliss! I'd recommend that you try to go through this review done by BT who does a great job of sharing some interesting pics as well a great informtion.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2641186&highlight=bliss

Enjoy

Some people just don't like the big ships. Some made up their minds before even trying one. I,personally, love the big ships. Been on the Oasis Class and the Escape, and am booked on the Symphony of the Seas for 2019, and the Encore for 2020. There is actually more passenger space on the mega ships in my opinion.By the way, I'm not in a suite so I'm not counting them.

First, just because it is in the internet does NOT make it true. Many people on CC write to complain. Many people on CC write trolling post to stir the pot on something they have no first hand experience with.

We have sailed Alaska on the Bliss and Jewel (multiple times), on Princess, and on RCCL. The Bliss, by far, was our best trip to Alaska.

Enjoy your cruise. The Bliss is amazing.

We are waiting to book the Joy.