Diamond plus - gift preference question

Hi,

Just wondered - one of the gifts available on board ship for D+ is a bottle of wine.

Is this a full size bottle or half?

Thanks!

NJ

Yes at the 175, 350 and 700 point levels you can chose your wine by going to your profile and then Gift Preferences. There should be a drop down menu for you to select from. It's one bottle per cabin and you can have it delivered to either the DR or in your cabin. There is no corkage fee if you have it delivered to the MDR.

Yes and you can chose your wine by going to your profile and then Gift Preferences. There should be a drop down menu for you to select from.

Thank you for the quick reply. Will enjoy my vino from RCL!!

NJ

Thank you for the quick reply. Will enjoy my vino from RCL!!

NJ

The list of wines will have an SR or DR prefix, meaning Stateroom delivery or Dining Room delivery. We choose Stateroom delivery so we have flexibility to take it to the dining room or enjoy it in the stateroom.

The list of wines will have an SR or DR prefix, meaning Stateroom delivery or Dining Room delivery. We choose Stateroom delivery so we have flexibility to take it to the dining room or enjoy it in the stateroom.

Thanks. Thinks that's a great idea. Will order for stateroom then. 1st time D+ so finding out what the perks are!

Cheers,

NJ

• 1 month later...

DO occasionally check on your profile selections. They tend to change stock out, and I have many times gone in and

found they subbed a selection of lesser choice. I try to keep it updated, rather than have to try to exchange once I get

on the ship.

For some reason, my second bottle is coming two days after the first one, which is in my stateroom upon arrival. Not sure why, and no way to adjust it, but we just get to enjoy it later anyway. :cool:

There is no corkage fee if you have it delivered to the MDR.

Seriously, do they really charge a corkage fee if you decide to bring from your stateroom a bottle to the MDR that has been GIFTED to you? They don't charge a corkage on wine (2 bottles) that you bring on board. This is crazy...Enjoy your GIFT, please pay me $25 to open it.

Seriously, do they really charge a corkage fee if you decide to bring from your stateroom a bottle to the MDR that has been GIFTED to you? They don't charge a corkage on wine (2 bottles) that you bring on board. This is crazy...Enjoy your GIFT, please pay me $25 to open it.

There are no corkage fees anymore, anywhere on the ship.

We are also interested in knowing the size of the bottle

Hi,

Having just been on Brilliance B2B - bottles are full size 750 ml. Bottle was in cabin when we arrived along with two wine glasses. Very nice.

Also, brought a full bottle to MDR on one of last nites of cruise. - Waiter put it on ice - no charge for bringing it to table. We've seen people bring a bottle to Windjammer for lunch & for dinner too.

NJ

And if you forgot to bring your cork screw...your cabin attendant will get one for you.

I always bring my own "travel size" corkscrew as the ones they give you on the ship are not very good. Before I brought my own I can't tell you how many times I broke the thing trying to open the bottle.

I always bring my own "travel size" corkscrew as the ones they give you on the ship are not very good. Before I brought my own I can't tell you how many times I broke the thing trying to open the bottle.

Agree...they are terrible, but my post was meant as an option should you forget yours...or as it has happened many times to me, I forget it is in my carry on bag boarding the flight. Drats, there goes another one of my favorites!! :( Bet the TSA has a nice collection of the things!

DO occasionally check on your profile selections. They tend to change stock out, and I have many times gone in and

found they subbed a selection of lesser choice. I try to keep it updated, rather than have to try to exchange once I get

on the ship.

For some reason, my second bottle is coming two days after the first one, which is in my stateroom upon arrival. Not sure why, and no way to adjust it, but we just get to enjoy it later anyway. :cool:

They never get rid of Laura's White Zin. [emoji6]

I kind of like the slow delivery system. Alwsys fun to find a gift in your room

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

They never get rid of Laura's White Zin. [emoji6]

I kind of like the slow delivery system. Alwsys fun to find a gift in your room

LOL!! Yum!! The pink Koolaid!! ;) But as is the golden rule in the wine business..."The best wine, is the wine you

like the best!" :D

Yup, slow delivery surprises...kind of like the post office! ;p

LOL!! Yum!! The pink Koolaid!! ;) But as is the golden rule in the wine business..."The best wine, is the wine you

Happy Anniversary!!! Have a great cruise

Stopped by Total Wine yesterday. $4 a bottle.

8abf43be01c68761205720d7a06531e2.jpg