6,299 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Hi.

I currently have my ds in my/dh cabin for our August 2018 Allure cruise.
He will now probably bring a friend, and they will both be 20.

Will I need to have my dh/son's friend listed in one cabin and then my son/me in the other cabin?

I'll be calling today or next week so I wanted to make sure I have all my information correct before
I call and change us.

Thank you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Central Illinois
135,152 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Guests under age 20 can be booked alone in a stateroom as long as that stateroom is next to or across the hall from the responsible adult. You have to call to do this.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
Virginia
21 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Make sure the room is directly across the hall. RCL rep gave my daughters the room directly across from the cabin next to ours in violation of their own policy and then caught it 3 weeks before sailing, resulting in some last minute stress.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MS Zuiderdam, July 2019 (Baltic Sea)

Allure of the Seas, July 2017 (Eastern Caribbean)
Carnival Legend, July 2016 (Alaska #2)
Allure of the Seas, July 2015 (Western Mediterranean)
Oasis of the Seas, October 2012 (Eastern Caribbean)
Carnival Spirit, July 2009 (Baltimore to E. Caribbean)
Celebrity Century, January 2009 (W. Caribbean)
Carnival Valor, May 2007 (W. Caribbean)
Carnival Triumph, June 2004 (NYNY to Canada)
Carnival Spirit, July 2002 (Alaska #1)
Princess Star, November 1996 (E. Caribbean)
Norwegian Cruise Lines, December 1989
Chandris Cruise Lines, December 1987
6,299 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Thank you both.

The inside cabin will not be directly across the hall since we are in a balcony on the Allure and trying to all get Deck 6 since we are multiple families (my mom, my sister's family and my cousins and their families).
I also have a dd in an inside cabin on Deck 6 but the ages in the cabin are 24 and 25.

Clarea, your post said "under 20" need to be in a cabin across the hall, how about if you are actually 20.
Do you need to have across the hall, yikes, they are in college and certainly no longer across the hall from me
any longer LOL but I understand the rules. I would prefer to have everything exact on paper and don't want to have the stress as you did, AZ Gurl.

Thank you again.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Central Illinois
135,152 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by js
Thank you both.

The inside cabin will not be directly across the hall since we are in a balcony on the Allure and trying to all get Deck 6 since we are multiple families (my mom, my sister's family and my cousins and their families).
I also have a dd in an inside cabin on Deck 6 but the ages in the cabin are 24 and 25.

Clarea, your post said "under 20" need to be in a cabin across the hall, how about if you are actually 20.
Do you need to have across the hall, yikes, they are in college and certainly no longer across the hall from me
any longer LOL but I understand the rules. I would prefer to have everything exact on paper and don't want to have the stress as you did, AZ Gurl.

Thank you again.
Sorry, I should have said under 21. Just call the cruise line, maybe they can work with you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
6,299 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Thank you all and thank you for the link.
There needs to be someone 21 or over in the cabin so we will just have to have my dh/me in each cabin
on paper. Since this will be the case, I can still have my ds's account charging on my credit card and his friend's charges on his card, correct? Thank you all again!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Orlando, FL
655 Posts
Joined May 2017
I'll add this to my list of ridiculous things you can't do at 18 in this country while being allowed to join the military and die for it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Long review of recent Alaska 10 day DIY land & Radiance SB - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2656059
Completed Cruises
June 2018 - Radiance - Alaska Southbound + 10 day DIY pre-tour
July 2017 - Oasis - Eastern Caribbean
June 2017 - Oasis - Western Caribbean
August 2015 - Freedom - Western Caribbean
June 2014 - Enchantment - Bahamas (Achieved Diamond after marrying into Emerald)
June 2012 - Allure - Eastern Caribbean
March 2008 - Mariner - Eastern Caribbean
July 2007 - Mariner - Eastern Caribbean
June 2002 - Voyager - Western Caribbean (Honeymoon, 1st ever cruise)
Fredericksburg, va. USA
88,287 Posts
Joined May 2001
If you have to book an adult in each cabin, then switch once onboard, it's not a big deal. Once you're booked, they don't care where anyone sleeps. All they're doing is making sure there are responsible adults onboard with the 'underaged" people...even tho 18 is a "legal adult"...stupid rules.
6,299 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Originally posted by cb at sea
If you have to book an adult in each cabin, then switch once onboard, it's not a big deal. Once you're booked, they don't care where anyone sleeps. All they're doing is making sure there are responsible adults onboard with the 'underaged" people...even tho 18 is a "legal adult"...stupid rules.
Yes, I understand, hoped I didn't need to do it but I guess I do, just glad we can take the kid's friends. Thanks so much!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Michigan-Arizona
2,737 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by OCSC Mike
I'll add this to my list of ridiculous things you can't do at 18 in this country while being allowed to join the military and die for it.
Yes. When I joined US Army at 18 you could drink, actually I was 17 and could on drink on post. But think was in mid 1980's changed to 21... As other poster stated, my Daughter 18, Son-In Law was 19 were married, did Honeymoon on Brilliance on their own. At one time 18 yr olds not married could cruise Royal on their own. Was ok in 1988 as we had couple 18 yr old girls traveling together at our table, high school graduation present from their parents. But not sure when the Marriage requirement under 21 started.
Stockton CA
3,518 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by OCSC Mike

Active duty military and married couples over 18 are OK to be in a cabin without someone over 21.
Philadelphia, PA
4,965 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by ONECRUISER
Yes. When I joined US Army at 18 you could drink, actually I was 17 and could on drink on post. But think was in mid 1980's changed to 21... As other poster stated, my Daughter 18, Son-In Law was 19 were married, did Honeymoon on Brilliance on their own. At one time 18 yr olds not married could cruise Royal on their own. Was ok in 1988 as we had couple 18 yr old girls traveling together at our table, high school graduation present from their parents. But not sure when the Marriage requirement under 21 started.
At least 18 year olds (unmarried) are still allowed to travel alone on Royal Caribbean cruises from Europe, Australia, and South America.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Luke

Next Up:
Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage Northbound
Mariner of the Seas - Bahamas

82 Nights at Sea:
Rhapsody of the Seas - Greece & Croatia

Enchantment of the Seas - Bahamas & Key West
Allure of the Seas - Western Caribbean
Oasis of the Seas - Western Caribbean
Radiance of the Seas - Northbound Alaska & Hubbard Glacier