Coastal Kitchen

pacruzer02

I am in a JS and brother is in GS on Harmony in a couple weeks, and I'm wondering if I can bring my parents with me for dinnner each night and my brother can bring my grandmother each night as guests ? Anyone know the policies on this ?

You really won't know until you are onboard and talk with the CK host/hostess. I've had them allow guests, and I've also had them tell me no guests.

Some have been told they could bring guests for one night. Having the same guests EVERY night is pushing it, especially since you are only in a Junior Suite.

We only ask to bring guests one night per cruise.

With that said, ask, they might say OK.

Now, a word to the wise. If you are allowed to bring them every night do NOT come back here and brag about it. That is usually the first step in Miami ruling out a priviledge.

... Now, a word to the wise. If you are allowed to bring them every night do NOT come back here and brag about it. That is usually the first step in Miami ruling out a priviledge.

Excellent point!

I was on Allure a couple of weeks ago and in a suite.

Coastal Kitchen was busy throughout the cruise and I noticed that restaurant manager was pushing back bookings from JS guests but would do his best to accommodate us.

From this experience I conclude it very much depends on the discretion of the restaurant manager and how busy the Coastal Kitchen is on a given cruise.

There is no harm in asking the restaurant manager IMO.

• 5 months later...

Based on my experience this past week on Allure, just because your in a Junior Suite does not mean they are going to let you book into Coastal Kitchen for Dinner. This was the biggest disappointment of my sailing on a an oasis class ship, in fact when i tried to book dinner twice the lady at the host station was indigent, mad me feel like i was a steerage passenger trying to get into First Class

Based on my experience this past week on Allure, just because your in a Junior Suite does not mean they are going to let you book into Coastal Kitchen for Dinner. This was the biggest disappointment of my sailing on a an oasis class ship, in fact when i tried to book dinner twice the lady at the host station was indigent, mad me feel like i was a steerage passenger trying to get into First Class

I get it cruisgus, but to post the same thing in 5 different threads takes some sympathy away from you. You should have started one of your own and about their inconsistencies on welcoming JS guests and their treatment.

When we were on Allure in the Med, in a JS, we were not allowed to eat there. There are more than enough good dining venues on the ship and we survived. If you want to guarantee the opportunity to eat there the only way to do it is book a GS or larger. The Costal Kitchen is nice, but it is essentially a small MDR.

When in a 1br aqua suite on oasis we were told we could bring dinner guests twice that week but only did it once. However it wasn’t crowded in the CK that week. So we were two and we could bring two guests. We also knew the manager from a prior cruise and he loved our daughter so we had a great relationship with him.

I would default to assuming in a Junior suite you won’t be permitted guests and hope for the best. The person in your party in a full suite might have a better chance of bringing all of the guests but it all depends on how busy it is that week and other things perhaps.

We were in a JS but just upgraded to a GS because our TA got us a great price. We were told that the concierge will email a week before welcoming us and we were told to request dates at CK at that point to help ensure we get in even though we are in a GS, CK can get busy at times. We love it there, ate 5 out of 7 nights on our Oasis cruise but we were in a CLS on that sailing.

I was on Allure a couple of weeks ago and in a suite.

Coastal Kitchen was busy throughout the cruise and I noticed that restaurant manager was pushing back bookings from JS guests but would do his best to accommodate us.

From this experience I conclude it very much depends on the discretion of the restaurant manager and how busy the Coastal Kitchen is on a given cruise.

There is no harm in asking the restaurant manager IMO.

We have seen JS guest reservations pushed back for full suite guests.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have seen JS guest reservations pushed back for full suite guests.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've never experienced that on Oasis. Really can't imagine how that conversation would even go down. 😱

Did they offer to seat you in a speciality restaurant?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I know many people have posted that Junior Suites are only allowed to eat at Coastal Kitchen based on availability. Can someone be so kind as to point to me where this information is located? TIA.

Edited by nu_cruzer1
Just confirming that I know that access for JR Suites is limited to dinner only.

I know many people have posted that Junior Suites are only allowed to eat at Coastal Kitchen based on availability. Can someone be so kind as to point to me where this information is located? TIA.

Good question. It's not in RCI's FAQs about the various suite class "amenities." Just says for Sea Class that reservations are required for CK dinner, but it says the same for Sky and Star Classes as well.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/faq/

Last year on Anthem of the Seas I booked CK on line a couple of weeks before our cruise. They never turned us away as long as we had reservations and I am sure they would not even if we didnt. Forgot to mention we were in a JSS.

Just curious having never sailed a Quantum ship. Does CK have a secure door like we have on Oasis?

Just curious having never sailed a Quantum ship. Does CK have a secure door like we have on Oasis?

It is "manned". The host or hostess is standing at a podium outside the door.

The only thing in Coastal Kitchen IS Coastal Kitchen.

If you managed to "sneak" in, what would you do? Just seat yourselves at a table? The waiters would see that you did not have menus and know that the host/ess had not seated you.

The door is locked and only Suite and Pinnacle Sea pass cards will open the door or the Host in Coastal Kitchen.

Thanks for the information. We have only been to CK on Anthem. There is always someone at the door to meet and seat you after they check your reservation.

Thanks for the information. We have only been to CK on Anthem. There is always someone at the door to meet and seat you after they check your reservation.

You're welcome. We were also just on the 1/28 Anthem sailing, I'm sure our paths crossed in CK :)

You have to tap your card to get the door to open.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If someone has a JS, their Seapass cards will not open the door to CK on Oasis class ships so they can't tap their cards, they would have to knock on the door for the Host to open it for them.

If someone has a JS, their Seapass cards will not open the door to CK on Oasis class ships so they can't tap their cards, they would have to knock on the door for the Host to open it for them.

Ah, now I know what people who mentioned having to knock on the door were talking about. Very glad we did not have to do that on Anthem. ;p