room set-up request

Why have there been 109 lookers and no one answered? Yes, you do request the bed set up online if you are reserving on your own or on the phone with the rep if you are working with NCL directly to reserve the cruise. Or, of course, to your TA (travel agent) if you are reserving with them.

We have only had to ask the room steward twice to change the bed set-up and it was done "immediately" with no problem; once to fully rearrange the cabin and the other just to turn two singles to a double.

I was told the do a double for married couple (same name) and two singles for all others. Our change was due to the steward saying "lots of 70+ couples want singles so that is what I do!!!"

It is not too late to do the request on board.

If you go to Guest Services and request it

the request may happen much later - So -

When you first take a look at your cabin

if your cabin attendant is there tell him

what you want done.

If the cabin attendant is not around you

should find his card and phone number

on the desk near the in cabin phone.

Call and leave a message.

Normally by early evening before the

turn-down service the requested change

will have been done.

The time it takes to re-arrange the beds

is 10-15 minutes. The bedding covers

are removed - The Queen bed is split

and the end tables moved then the

bedding changed over.

In smaller cabins the storage space

is a problem and the guests luggage

is stored under the bed - forego that

until the beds are moved. This will

speed the cabin attendants job.

It is not all that complicated.

We have only had to ask the room steward twice to change the bed set-up and it was done "immediately" with no problem; once to fully rearrange the cabin and the other just to turn two singles to a double.

I was told the do a double for married couple (same name) and two singles for all others. Our change was due to the steward saying "lots of 70+ couples want singles so that is what I do!!!"

Some of the cabin stewards are really good at gauging what the bed arrangement should be.

The CS gets a manifest of the guests in the cabins he takes care of - noting the status of the guests

The paperwork on the cabin desk - Shore Excursion tickets Latitudes rewards coupons are clues

If the last names are not the same - split the beds

any indication of newly wed status - join the beds

Someone using a CPAP machine - split the beds

Smart moves - a stitch in time instead of having to deal with last minute changes and waiting guests.

Hubby and I have the "beds together" preference in our NCL profiles. We always get on the ship and they're separate. Two men traveling together, different last names = separate beds.

It's really no problem to have the steward change the configuration. My only question is: why give the option on the website if they're not going to use it?

-- michael

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Do you ask ahead of time about the bed configuration? On the NCL site? Or after you board?

you can usually do it either way.. It is best to request prior to sailing but you can ask your cabin steward when you meet him or her. They will gladly make the adjustment when they do the turn down service that night. It is just better and easier for them if you handle it before sailing

you can usually do it either way.. It is best to request prior to sailing but you can ask your cabin steward when you meet him or her. They will gladly make the adjustment when they do the turn down service that night. It is just better and easier for them if you handle it before sailing

First timers with NCL but I can't see anywhere on our reservation to request a 2 bed configuration.

• 1 month later...
Multiple cruises with NCL and I don’t recall ever being asked about bed configuration. I just checked my profile on NCL and did not see where that preference appears.

Me too, and me neither! Where do we update this?

Hubby and I have different names, so no matter what we request, they are separate. We are male and female. The stewards change them around within seconds, cheerfully. I think the whole thing is just a guessing game. I would not worry until you are onboard

So, does anyone know where to update online in your account. I just looked and it is no where to be found. We have sailed over 100 sea days on NCL and always had queen bed until the last cruise, it was twin. We never saw our attendant the whole cruise, but on the third day we just moved the beds together ourselves. Then, we thought the attendant would put in the bed connector next time they changed the sheets, but, nope. I had to finally leave a note on the 6th day to connect the beds the correct way. So, I would definitely like to update if there is a place.

Call NCL. For our next-next cruise (Encore Christmas 2019), I needed to call to move the booking from the TA. The NCL person the phone was overly chatty and started to ask our preferences for bed set up and any special occasions. There is no place to enter this info online.

Our bed set ups have always been joined rather than separate ... maybe that is because we book under the same last names and use Mr and Mrs for the requested titles.

Hubby and I have different names, so no matter what we request, they are separate. We are male and female. The stewards change them around within seconds, cheerfully. I think the whole thing is just a guessing game. I would not worry until you are onboard
I also have a different last name then my husband (I'm female) and I've experienced the opposite, the bed has been put together already for us on my cruises.

I also have a different last name then my husband (I'm female) and I've experienced the opposite, the bed has been put together already for us on my cruises.

I'll be a solo traveler, usually the bed is put together for me. This time I think I want two singles. I'll be in an inside cabin and I think it will make it easier to move around, no squeezing between the bed and the wall. I'm not going to ask for either, just see what I get, either live with it for a night and request a change with my steward if I want it.

Helpful thread, thanks for sharing.

Call NCL. For our next-next cruise (Encore Christmas 2019), I needed to call to move the booking from the TA. The NCL person the phone was overly chatty and started to ask our preferences for bed set up and any special occasions. There is no place to enter this info online.

Our bed set ups have always been joined rather than separate ... maybe that is because we book under the same last names and use Mr and Mrs for the requested titles.

We also use the Mr and Mrs and same last name and have never had a problem. But now we are booked on 4 B2B and have to move cabins..........so? Oh well, it will be fun either way.

Agreed. I think that with the number of unmarried couples onboard, many stewards do doubles for male/female pairs and singles for same sex bookings. I cruise with my significant other (different last names) and the rooms are set up with one bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you ask ahead of time about the bed configuration? On the NCL site? Or after you board?

I see no place to request specific bed configuration on the website. Since I always book directly through an NCL agent, I request the beds be split each time. That is about 50% successful since the default seems to be (my impression) combined beds.

When the configuration isn't right (for me), I find the most efficient method is just to leave the steward a note. "Please split the beds...Thanks!" That may be accompanied by my note to empty the mini-fridge. I've tried calling the front desk but, in the past, stewards have told me just to leave a note.

As an aside, I've learned that some beds can't be split, even though the website says they can. For example, the family suites on the Star and Dawn have king beds that my steward (on the Star...Rolly R.) said he could only split with a chain saw. :)

Enjoy your cruise.

MD

If you followed us on the Pearl a year or two ago you might have found it difficult to split the beds.

Our beds are always set up double, but on this occasion the bed had a tendency to 'split' on it's own. (Didn't have the zip together mattress cover.) DH had his roll of duct tape and was taping the legs of the bed together in the middle of the night.

After flying home we realized we had forgot to 'un-tape' the beds. Hope it worked out OK for the next guests.....

If you followed us on the Pearl a year or two ago you might have found it difficult to split the beds.

Our beds are always set up double, but on this occasion the bed had a tendency to 'split' on it's own. (Didn't have the zip together mattress cover.) DH had his roll of duct tape and was taping the legs of the bed together in the middle of the night.

After flying home we realized we had forgot to 'un-tape' the beds. Hope it worked out OK for the next guests.....

So duct tape is the answer~!!!

Multiple cruises with NCL and I don’t recall ever being asked about bed configuration. I just checked my profile on NCL and did not see where that preference appears.

I was clearly asked that preference when I booked a Carnival cruise, but never Norwegian...

Ohhhhh this made me laugh! :')