Celebrity Equinox - Murano or Tuscan Grill?

LDWtk

My husband and I are cruising on Celebrity Equinox in December and have onboard credit that we would like to use at either Murano or Tuscan Grill. If you were to choose only one, which do you recommend and why? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We would definitely choose Murano. I like most everything on the menu, the service, for us, has been impeccable, and the cheese course is exceptionally good.

Tuscan can be good, but seems the service is not as good. Their Filet is wonderful, and the food is good, just not as good.

We were disappointed when they took Normandie (Murano like, just a different name on M class) out of Summit and replaced it with Tuscan.

I'd choose Murano....who knows how long they will keep it as they "Royalize " Celebrity .It is a wonderful experience.....

Tuscan is okay but on most of the ships so you can catch it another time, Not the same level of service or cuisine, and not worth the upcharge,

Get the discount....

I like both. Murano is best if you have a special occasion, or want to have a more formal dinner. Tuscan is less formal and better if you have a group that wants to dine together. I have found the quality of service to be about the same in both venues. The sea views are wonderful in Tuscan if you dine early. No sea views in Murano. Really a question of your preference. Check both menus. Also always ask if either on the venues are offering a discount before booking. They usually offer a discount on the first night and if reservations are slow they may offer discounts to entice you to book. Usual discounts are 25% to 50% off.

We would definitely choose Murano. I like most everything on the menu, the service, for us, has been impeccable, and the cheese course is exceptionally good.

We were disappointed when they took Normandie (Murano like, just a different name on M class) out of Summit and replaced it with Tuscan.

Totally agree....We consider Tuscan a nice but not exceptional steak house which we enjoy dining in as we leave a port. However, Murano’s with its higher service level, tableside preparation and general ambiance is a really special place to dine...

We also feel the M class now is really lacking in terms of speciality dining....

We also feel the M class now is really lacking in terms of speciality dining....

Agree with your statement about choices on M Class ships. I miss the Murano type restaurant on the M Class ship. I've asked several Restaurant Managers on different M Class ships about the decision and they all told me the same thing: It was about revenue. Qsine and Tuscan contributed more to the bottom line than Murano type venue. Guess that most people are shying away from more formal dining. Personally, I miss it.

We got off the Equinox on 16th October, we did Murano and Tuscan twice and Silk Harvest once. I would rate Murano's the best both times, then silk harvest and Tuscan would be last.

As previously stated service, food and pure ambience in Murano was excellent. The food and service in Silk harvest was also excellent though we did this on embarkation day. Tuscan on both occasions left us somewhat frustrated, food and service not the best. The online dinner packages an offer were very good as well, we got a 4 night one for $125 pp ($31 per dinner).

Hope this helps.

My husband likes his meat (we’ll done) and his potatoes, and is not much for gourmet. I on the other hand enjoy fine dining so we’ll go with Murano’s. I want to take advantage of this opportunity so if the food is too foo foo for him, he can always head to the buffet afterwards! Thank you all!

My husband likes his meat (we’ll done) and his potatoes, and is not much for gourmet. I on the other hand enjoy fine dining so we’ll go with Murano’s. I want to take advantage of this opportunity so if the food is too foo foo for him, he can always head to the buffet afterwards! Thank you all!

I eat like your husband. I have not hesitated telling Murano’s exactly how I want my plain steak and plain potatoes and have never had a problem. He shouldn’t be shy about what he wants, they are very accommodating, and it is fairly easy for them to do less. My complaint is that the meal takes a long time, but that’s part of the foodie experience of enjoying a leisurely meal, so I go along with it for others. Champagne helps. :)

Murano for sure. I always order surf and turf, lobster and the steak! mmmm The lobster is pretty tasty although last time they way over cooked it. I kept watching and thinking take it off now, take it off now as the waiter kept cooking it. Still good though but lobster is sooo much better when it's not over cooked. The lobster I had in Blu last month was probably the best lobster I've ever had on a ship. Maybe I was just lucky but it was perfect. I had two and they were both amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd choose Murano....who knows how long they will keep it as they "Royalize " Celebrity .It is a wonderful experience.....

Tuscan is okay but on most of the ships so you can catch it another time, Not the same level of service or cuisine, and not worth the upcharge,

Get the discount....

What discount..?

We loved Tuscan’s food and service and ocean view. Watched the sunset during dinner. Murano greeted us as peons, professing theirs was superior to Tuscan with an arrogant attitude. Hence, we choose Tuscan.

What discount..?

We loved Tuscan’s food and service and ocean view. Watched the sunset during dinner. Murano greeted us as peons, professing theirs was superior to Tuscan with an arrogant attitude. Hence, we choose Tuscan.

Onboard they often offer discounts and even if they don't you can usually get one by asking when you book. I've gotten anywhere from 30% off to 50% off. 50% off is the only way I will do Tuscan. I'm just not that impressed with it. The food is good just no worth the asking price.

My husband and I are cruising on Celebrity Equinox in December and have onboard credit that we would like to use at either Murano or Tuscan Grill. If you were to choose only one, which do you recommend and why? Thanks!

DW and I had a specialty dining package for the entire 10 night cruise on the October 27th Equinox sailing. We ate at Murano three times, Silk Harvest once, Sushi on 5 once (got all we could eat there), and Tuscan five times. We changed our last night at Murano to Tuscan Grille. We have been dining at the Murano clones since 2009 on the Constellation. We have had great meals and great times at Normandie on the Summit. I have to disagree somewhat with all the opinions leaning toward Murano. That does not mean you shouldn't pick that as your choice if that is your one and only specialty restaurant. However, my recommendation would be to stick with tried and true choices such as Chateaubriand for two, or the Murano Lobster. On our three visits, my wife was disappointed in her lamb chops which were tasty but tough as nails. She had dover sole and loved it. On our last night, she ordered the turbot which she chose not to eat. Our waiter commented the chef said the turbot looked dry, and would gladly and quickly replace it with anything she wanted. Since I had ordered the chateaubriand for myself, there was plenty of food for both of us. He brought her a plate of vegetables and potatoes which was fine with us. My only problem with that is if the chef himself says he thinks it was dry, why serve it? Bottom line, I don't think you would be disappointed with either choice. We happen to love Tuscan Grille. It is certainly no Mario Batali's Babbo, but it is a cruise ship.

Edited by bayonnejoe

IMHO Murano wins hands down. It's a wonderful meal with great service while we find Tuscan like an overpriced Italian chain restaurant offering nothing special but the price.

I think it is the pasta side of the menu that is letting down Tuscan. Many guests enjoy either a pasta starter or a pasta mains as a change from meat/fish dishes. As others have said the views when leaving ports are stunning, hence we will book it a couple of times per cruise. Whilst we have generally enjoyed our steaks we have found the pastas disappointing....just generally lacking flavour. We used to really enjoy the mushroom ravioli!

Must say we have always found the service good!

I think it is the pasta side of the menu that is letting down Tuscan. Many guests enjoy either a pasta starter or a pasta mains as a change from meat/fish dishes. As others have said the views when leaving ports are stunning, hence we will book it a couple of times per cruise. Whilst we have generally enjoyed our steaks we have found the pastas disappointing....just generally lacking flavour. We used to really enjoy the mushroom ravioli!

Totally agree with you. Their pasta is disappointing. We had a six night Dining package on Equinox last month. Had three booked in Murano, 2 in Tuscan and 1 in Silk Harvest. We were so disappointed in Tuscan we changed our reservation to Silk Harvest. Love Murano and really enjoyed Silk Harvest. We are in no rush to return to Tuscan.

I agree that the service is nice. I just can't justify the additional cost by citing the view. Since we tend to sail in the winter and like to dine late, the ports are most often long gone and so is daylight! We do enjoy those views from our balcony while we are getting ready for dinner. I understand that it's the whole "experience," but since we don't find the food at all special and the view is usually gone we just can't justify the additional fee. On our last cruise we were offered Tuscan at 55% Off and turned it down graciously.