Vision in New Orleans Questions

Vision completes its PC cruise from LA to NOLA on Dec.15 of this year and starts its 7 night cruises from NOLA which goes to Feb. 9th on that date. It goes back to Galveston to do 4, 5 and 7 night cruise starting on Feb.11th until its April 19th TA to Barcelona.

It will be nice to have RCI again in NOLA. :)

Vision completes its PC cruise from LA to NOLA on Dec.15 of this year and starts its 7 night cruises from NOLA which goes to Feb. 9th on that date. It goes back to Galveston to do 4, 5 and 7 night cruise starting on Feb.11th until its April 19th TA to Barcelona.

Nope.

It is a short stay . Mid-December to March. Then she goes to Galveston, and then across the Atlantic.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Vision is in NOLA until March 2019. We sail on her out of NOLA on the 16th of FEB. so she will still be there Feb 16th - 23rd 2019.

This will be our first time on this small of a RCCL ship, hoping it will have enough to keep us entertained. We choose it because of the price and because it is only a 4 hour drive from home. Looking forward to it, we love NOLA.

Nope.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Vision is in NOLA until March 2019. We sail on her out of NOLA on the 16th of FEB. so she will still be there Feb 16th - 23rd 2019.

This will be our first time on this small of a RCCL ship, hoping it will have enough to keep us entertained. We choose it because of the price and because it is only a 4 hour drive from home. Looking forward to it, we love NOLA.

You're both correct it's March 11th for the first sailing back out of Galveston and I must need new glasses. :o

I love the fact that there will be a RCCL ship sailing out of NOLA! The ride to the mouth of the river is awesome, but crossing the Gulf in the winter months is not, sometimes a very rough ride.

I know, we kept looking for September to open up but apparently it is not in the cards. We wont book NOLA in the winter.

I love the fact that there will be a RCCL ship sailing out of NOLA! The ride to the mouth of the river is awesome, but crossing the Gulf in the winter months is not, sometimes a very rough ride.

What’s wrong with the Gulf of Mexico in the winter? We have done it before out of NOLA and it was wonderful, very calm and relaxing. Now out of NJ in the winter was rough seas, even in Aug it wasn’t exactly smooth. :eek: The Gulf is almost always calm except during tropical storms or hurricanes, we live in NW FL 1 mile from the Gulf. I wouldn’t hesitate.

Gina- we just got off Rhapsody out of Tampa and we adored the size! I’m excited Vison is sailing out of NOLA-I hope they keep her there longer!

I believe we live in approximately the same area. We are also in NW FL an hour from the gulf! :)

Gina- we just got off Rhapsody out of Tampa and we adored the size! I’m excited Vison is sailing out of NOLA-I hope they keep her there longer!

I believe we live in approximately the same area. We are also in NW FL an hour from the gulf! :)

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Rhapsody and that size ship! We just came home today from Tampa and saw lots of people in our hotel this morning with cruise tags on their suitcases, had me wishing we were going!

We're on the Dec 15th sailing - many generation family/friends. Can't wait. Sailed on Vision about 12 years ago and loved it. Don't like the gigantic ships - overwhelming, thought you were supposed to relax! Anyway have sailed into New Orleans in January in the past and no problems. Hopefully calm seas this time.

• 4 months later...