Lobster night

Hstans

Does the royal princess have a lobster night in the dining room

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am currently on the Regal and we had the lobster last night, 2nd formal night. We got 1 large lobster tail and a 1/2 of a small lobster tail. It was over risotto that was like wallpaper paste, plus it was covered with some white sauce and they had NO CLARIFIED BUTTER for the lobster. The chefs would not have done well on Hell's Kitchen or Top Chef. They failed to clean the vein out of the tail. They was a nice line of black yuck on each side of the tail. It was not only mine. The other 3 at the table had the same thing. :(

Now tonight's dinner was filet mignon and grilled prawns. Both were better than the lobster.

It's been a long time since I've seen a LARGE lobster tail on any Princess ship I hadn't paid extra for.

The Chef's Table is extra but I felt it was worth it with the champagne, wine, the special meal including a large lobster tail and chocolate deserts

38764744221_64a2e70aaf_b.jpg

38764744401_ffd54d1665_b.jpg

24453475227_69fa025f6c_k.jpg

Howard

The regular lobster in MDR is tiny. Very tiny. Also not very good. I find it extremely disappointing. I love lobster but what they serve on the ship is very poor.

I agree. But is it constantly asked about here, by people who don't want to miss it...

I think that falls into the 'good enough' category for Arnold Donald's beancounters.

I agree. But is it constantly asked about here, by people who don't want to miss it...

I think that falls into the 'good enough' category for Arnold Donald's beancounters.

but would be totally unacceptable if served like that in a restaurant -

• 3 weeks later...

The other day on the Royal they served the leftover lobster tails from formal night the next day in the Horizon for lunch (cold). They had hundreds of them. People were lined up 15 deep to get their serving. You could have as many as you requested from the server.

They might as well have thrown them overboard since they were terrible.

Tough, stringy and no taste.

People were dumping them off their plates after the first bite. :D

They might have been good for fish bate.:)

All I know is that we were on a 5 night cruise and told that they no longer serve lobster on cruises less than 7 nights. Booooo! Had we known, we would have made reservations else where. By then they were all booked up. Oh wells. Next cruise is a 10 nighter, so we wills see how that goes..... forever away though!

We just got off the Ruby Princess. I ordered lobster at both the Crown Grill and on the last formal night. They were incredibly small at both locations and tasted pretty awful. They served 4 at the Crown Grill I believe and 3 per serving in the dining room. (Crown Grill would charge another 10 dollars for a second serving). Each of the "lobsters" was 2 small bites. I took a picture after I removed the shells -- all 3 pieces didn't come close to filling up my bread plate (the knife on the plate is the bread knife!)

1137154055_2018-03-0818_28.20small.jpg.c8920d67b507edfb1596ebf2fb95d19e.jpg

We haven't had good lobster on Princess for several years, so much so I can hardly be bothered to order it again.

We were just on a different and better cruise line, not Carnival owned, yes it costs more, and the lobster was wonderful!

You get what you pay for, if you're lucky.

We haven't had good lobster on Princess for several years, so much so I can hardly be bothered to order it again.

We were just on a different and better cruise line, not Carnival owned, yes it costs more, and the lobster was wonderful!

You get what you pay for, if you're lucky.

Which line was that, if you don't mind my asking?

Which line was that, if you don't mind my asking?

That was Windstar, our first time on there, as we have become somewhat disillusioned with Princess we have been trying out other lines.

Not only the lobster but the steak was a quantum leap up from what Princess now offer, in fact the dining on Windstar makes Princess look like school lunches.

We have not abandoned Princess but now we can see it for what it has become. Cheaper but disappointing.

That was Windstar, our first time on there, as we have become somewhat disillusioned with Princess we have been trying out other lines.

Not only the lobster but the steak was a quantum leap up from what Princess now offer, in fact the dining on Windstar makes Princess look like school lunches.

We have not abandoned Princess but now we can see it for what it has become. Cheaper but disappointing.

I'm not saying this to we snarky, but some of us do have our budgets to consider when cruising.

Windstar might be wonderful but it's definitely out of my category.

We choose to sail more often but within our personal, but limited budgets.

I'm not saying this to we snarky, but some of us do have our budgets to consider when cruising.

Windstar might be wonderful but it's definitely out of my category.

We choose to sail more often but within our personal, but limited budgets.

It used to be much more expensive but since Princess put their prices up and Windstar have late booking specials what we paid for an outside on Windstar wasn't as much as a minisuite on Princess,so we thought - go for it!

And so pleased we did.

Now our summer cruise is 25 days on Regal, going to be quite different.

What got to us over the last couple of years was that we now eat better quality food at home than we do on Princess.. Not fancied up so much but if we bought steak at home like the quality we have been served on Princess it would be going right back to the meat market the next morning.

And it didn't use to be like that, meals on Princess used to be much better than we had at home, really special.

Princess are gradually knocking the "special" out of the experience onboard.