OBC for no Ocean Medallion

travellingnana

I just received an email from Princess stating that my June Regal cruise was only going to be an Ocean Medallion "preview" cruise, and that my stateroom was not in the activated group. I tried calling customer service to see if there would be any OBC as compensation and was told that the OBC compensation ended with April 9th cruises. Just want to check...anyone else get a different message?

i am funny feeling i am stuck in the same boat (pun intended). When i booked my Regal cruise for October, it was being advertised as Ocean Medallion vacation with that blue banner. To this day, my cruise still has that banner with the vacation text on it. I noticed all of the Regal summer cruises in Europe is all Ocean Medallion Preview cruises, Regal first cruise out of New York is now Ocean Medallion vacation cruise in late September. Makes me wonder what is going to happen to my cruise

Our past cruise in Feb on the Royal was supposed to be ***** but did not happen. Got know where with the CSR that I dealt with but with CC help, others said to ask to speak to Guest Relations. After I asked for them we received $200 in OBC and it was on our Cruise Personalizer almost instantly as a Goodwill OBC"

Good luck

I just received an email from Princess stating that my June Regal cruise was only going to be an Ocean Medallion "preview" cruise, and that my stateroom was not in the activated group. I tried calling customer service to see if there would be any OBC as compensation and was told that the OBC compensation ended with April 9th cruises. Just want to check...anyone else get a different message?

On a Regal cruise in approximately 6 weeks and was told the same thing....they were not willing to budge even though I know some of our friends received OBC on a Regal cruise earlier this year....:')

There has been at least one other thread here on Cruise Critic reporting that Princess halted the practice of giving out OBC as a goodwill gesture or as compensation for the delay in the implementation of Ocean Medallion.

i received e mail yesterday that my cabin for july 15 2018 cruise to scandinavia/russia will not have the medallion.i booked a balcony guarantee and no cabin assignment yet. amazing how they know that my future cabin assignment will not be a medallion cabin, when i called to request OBC princess said that the website clearly shows the cruise a medallion preview and not a medallion vacation. NO OBC

Thank you for your responses. To those who think I may be greedy for checking on compensation, let me just say that one of the reasons I booked this cruise over a year ago was because it was advertised as an Ocean Medallion cruise. I thought that little gizmo might be fun. Will not having it impact my experience? Who knows. I obviously don't get a choice...but others on my cruise will have it. I know Princess has been having issues with implementation, but the word "preview" was added long after I booked.

My guess is that the OBC went to people who were past final payment when the status changed. I guess the logic is that if the Medallion was why you booked, if you were before final payment, you could cancel.

I'm thinking of a December 2019 cruise on the Regal (depending on itinerary of course) for the Medallion. Since that's almost 2 years away, I'm hoping that by then it will be ship wide.

Thank you for your responses. To those who think I may be greedy for checking on compensation, let me just say that one of the reasons I booked this cruise over a year ago was because it was advertised as an Ocean Medallion cruise. I thought that little gizmo might be fun.

You booked a cruise because it was an Ocean Medallion cruise!

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

Thank you for your responses. To those who think I may be greedy for checking on compensation, let me just say that one of the reasons I booked this cruise over a year ago was because it was advertised as an Ocean Medallion cruise. I thought that little gizmo might be fun. Will not having it impact my experience? Who knows. I obviously don't get a choice...but others on my cruise will have it. I know Princess has been having issues with implementation, but the word "preview" was added long after I booked.

as a person working in the tech field, the ocean medallion was also why i booked the regal princess cruise out of ny instead of other cruise i normally sail on

My guess is that the OBC went to people who were past final payment when the status changed. I guess the logic is that if the Medallion was why you booked, if you were before final payment, you could cancel.

I'm thinking of a December 2019 cruise on the Regal (depending on itinerary of course) for the Medallion. Since that's almost 2 years away, I'm hoping that by then it will be ship wide.

That's the key reason they halted the compensation. People had the opportunity to cancel without any penalty and didn't but now expect OBC as well.

I seriously hope it'll be functional next winter season, at least on the Regal.

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

What. Is. So. Hard. To. Get?

Perhaps they had a choice of ships/sailingsand picked this one because of the Medallion.

What. Difference. Does. It. Make. To. You?

Boy, its a pain to type snarky like that.

Our OBC came before final payment was made;)

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

When Princess first announced the *****, it was basically depicted as the best thing since sex. Obviously it was promoted as being the reason to select Princess for a cruise. So it is not surprising that a number of people did book an ***** cruise because of the promoted experience.

What. Is. So. Hard. To. Get?

Perhaps they had a choice of ships/sailingsand picked this one because of the Medallion.

What. Difference. Does. It. Make. To. You?

Boy, its a pain to type snarky like that.

I just cannot understand why people would pick a cruise because of this thing and then if they don't get it go on a mission to get compensation. Just me I guess but I pick a cruise for the relaxation, the ports, the other people on the cruise etc.

I hope that makes it clearer for you.

I just cannot understand why people would pick a cruise because of this thing and then if they don't get it go on a mission to get compensation. Just me I guess but I pick a cruise for the relaxation, the ports, the other people on the cruise etc.

I hope that makes it clearer for you.

Like ;)

Hank

Please do not be disappointed. We just got off the Regal today and had OMs. They are just about useless. They worked to unlock our door about 75% of the time and that is IT! the crew isn't using it with the exception of the check-in process. Nothing works and you are not missing a dang thing. Our next Regal cruise in November is not ***** and I won't miss it one bit.

Wow. We sailed MSC Meraviglia with similar technology. Worked liked a dream with the exception of a couple of show reservation mix-ups. Clearly we are still in the techno-toddler phase of systemic change!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow. We sailed MSC Meraviglia with similar technology. Worked liked a dream with the exception of a couple of show reservation mix-ups. Clearly we are still in the techno-toddler phase of systemic change!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what I've read MSC is building the technology into the ship as it's built not like Princess which is trying to retro fit the Regal, always better to be built in than retro fit, IMO.

Please do not be disappointed. We just got off the Regal today and had OMs. They are just about useless. They worked to unlock our door about 75% of the time and that is IT! the crew isn't using it with the exception of the check-in process. Nothing works and you are not missing a dang thing. Our next Regal cruise in November is not ***** and I won't miss it one bit.

Wow, I can't believe they have not gotten any further than when we had them on the 12/3/17 sailing!

I am on the 7/15 Regal sailing. My friend and her family are next door to my cabin. They got an email that their cabin is not part of *****. I didn’t get an email. Does that mean my cabin will have *****?

Thanks!