Soda Package W/ Boardwalk Balcony

mjmcgove

so we are booked on a boardwalk balcony and got the deal with the soda package.. we were wondering how it works with the cups. Do the cups come with the package or is that extra? If it comes with the room, do we get it in our room when we board or do we go pick it up somewhere onboard?

so we are booked on a boardwalk balcony and got the deal with the soda package.. we were wondering how it works with the cups. Do the cups come with the package or is that extra? If it comes with the room, do we get it in our room when we board or do we go pick it up somewhere onboard?

The soda package allows you to use the Freestyle Coke Machines any time you want. You can also get a soda at any bar - there will be a mark on your SeaPass card.

The souvenir cups that you use in the machines will be in your cabin when you board.

We just upgraded our Allure inside to a Boardwalk balcony. Is the soda package included in all Boardwalk baclonies? We always purchase the soda package, but if we are going to get it automatically, I will cancel the ones I pre-purchased. This will be our first Boardwalk balcony.

We just upgraded our Allure inside to a Boardwalk balcony. Is the soda package included in all Boardwalk baclonies? We always purchase the soda package, but if we are going to get it automatically, I will cancel the ones I pre-purchased. This will be our first Boardwalk balcony.

Included in all Boardwalk balconies.

It is just the basic soda package, not the refreshment package. We however purchased the deluxe package and the soda package is basically moot. Would have been nice if they offered some kind of credit for it towards buying the other package.

I am however going to assume that we should get two cups each - one for the free package not being used and one for the deluxe package we have purchased.

Included in all Boardwalk balconies.

Last fall on Harmony we sailed in a D6 oceanview balcony in the back of the ship on deck 11. The cabins across the hall from us overlooked the boardwalk. Somehow RCL considered our cabin a "boardwalk area" balcony because there were cups on a tray with the paperwork describing the soda pkg. in our cabin when we arrived.

We've booked a cabin on Symphony in November on deck 8 in the same "boardwalk area". Hope we get to have the soda pkg. again.

Last fall on Harmony we sailed in a D6 oceanview balcony in the back of the ship on deck 11. The cabins across the hall from us overlooked the boardwalk. Somehow RCL considered our cabin a "boardwalk area" balcony because there were cups on a tray with the paperwork describing the soda pkg. in our cabin when we arrived.

We've booked a cabin on Symphony in November on deck 8 in the same "boardwalk area". Hope we get to have the soda pkg. again.

I wonder if you got theirs. ;)

• 7 months later...
6 minutes ago, Luv2Cruise525 said:

We are not buying the package.  We have a boardwalk balcony room.

Doesn't matter, you don't get charged an extra gratuity for soda either using the cup in the Freestyle machine, using the cup at a bar,  or using your SeaPass card at bars and restaurants.

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

So if you buy the DBP the soda package is just wasted?  There is no 'credit" for the difference or anything?

Correct. 

Plus, if a guest with the "free" soda package wants to upgrade to a more expensive package on board, no credit is given for the "free" soda package.

On 9/20/2018 at 12:01 PM, mom2tcdx2 said:

I am however going to assume that we should get two cups each - one for the free package not being used and one for the deluxe package we have purchased.

No, you only get one cup each. I made the same assumption. I was disappointed. Not sure what I would have done with 2 soda cups, but still...

7 hours ago, awestover89 said:

No, you only get one cup each. I made the same assumption. I was disappointed. Not sure what I would have done with 2 soda cups, but still...

We received an extra cup.  My wife had the replenish package.  There were 3 cups in our room.  Has happened twice now. 

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We received an extra cup.  My wife had the replenish package.  There were 3 cups in our room.  Has happened twice now. 

Wow. With only two people in the cabin? We've done a BW Balcony and purchased the alcohol package three times (twice on Harmony, once on Symphony) and always only got two cups.

25 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Wow. With only two people in the cabin? We've done a BW Balcony and purchased the alcohol package three times (twice on Harmony, once on Symphony) and always only got two cups.

Symphony this past March and Oasis March 2018.  Most likely varies even on the same ship and date depending in cabin steward.

• Like 1