return flight question

F19810

In two weeks I board the Allure for a vacation that I keep forgetting about!!! I was doing the on line checkin and realized that my return flight out of FLL is for 1010am. I don't know what I was thinking when I booked it but I can't change it now. Do you think that I will have any problems making my flight? My two previous vacations this year have had problems (I had to fly home from Budapest early due to my aunt's death and I left disney early due to the hurricane!) and maybe that is why I'm trying to forget this one! Please reassure me that I will make my flight.Thanks

Judy

You may want to consider self-disembarkation and a taxi (vs. a shuttle bus) to the airport. This should get you there in time, barring any delays, of course. Some will say it is too early a flight; some will say to self-disembark; some will say you can make it if you are in the first group after self-disembarkation. The choice is yours.

In two weeks I board the Allure for a vacation that I keep forgetting about!!! I was doing the on line checkin and realized that my return flight out of FLL is for 1010am. I don't know what I was thinking when I booked it but I can't change it now. Do you think that I will have any problems making my flight? My two previous vacations this year have had problems (I had to fly home from Budapest early due to my aunt's death and I left disney early due to the hurricane!) and maybe that is why I'm trying to forget this one! Please reassure me that I will make my flight.Thanks

Judy

I'd get in the self-assist line by 5am. With no delays you should be at the airport before 7am.

I have first class seats (it was cheaper than economy, go figure!). Maybe that will get me through checkin and security faster at the airport.

As early as you should be getting to the airport, you should have ample time for check-in.

I have first class seats (it was cheaper than economy, go figure!). Maybe that will get me through checkin and security faster at the airport.

Well, you can use the Priority check in line at the airport counter, but unless you have the Trusted Traveller program, I think you will have to go through regular security.

Well, you can use the Priority check in line at the airport counter, but unless you have the Trusted Traveller program, I think you will have to go through regular security.

I believe that when flying First/Business Class you get to use the TSA Pre-Check line.

I believe that when flying First/Business Class you get to use the TSA Pre-Check line.

not true, we normally are TSA pre and also normally fly 1st, different lines, sometimes 1st is quicker sometimes tsa, but tsa you can keep your shoes on

Definitely no. You may have a separate First Class line and get to the checkpoint quicker but you only go through the TSA Pre checkpoint if your boarding pass has TSA Pre on it.

I think you'll be fine...it's 10 mins. to the airport! About midway thru the cruise, they ask all those with EARLY flights to let them know, so they can get you off in one of the 1st groups (if you're putting your bags out on the last night).

Hey Bob -

We will be disembarking Navigator out of MIA next April 22 - Sunday. Will the new terminal be open at that point in time? Do you think the two of us can walk off early enough to make a 10:05 flight? I don't ever remember having any problems getting thru TSA at FLL or MIA.

Thanks as always!

Hey Bob -

We will be disembarking Navigator out of MIA next April 22 - Sunday. Will the new terminal be open at that point in time? Do you think the two of us can walk off early enough to make a 10:05 flight? I don't ever remember having any problems getting thru TSA at FLL or MIA.

Thanks as always!

Last I heard, the new terminal in Miami is supposed to open in late 2018.

Can't help with the flight timing in MIA, our experience there is not recent at all.

I was planning to self disembark and take a taxi. Like I said, I'm not sure why I picked this flight, I probably did it by accident.

If you have self disembark and get off as early as allowed and take a taxi you will make it to FLL in plenty of time. (It would also be of help to you if you have Global Entry - or if you do an app called Mobile Passport.) Though by doing walk-off and not needing to find checked in luggage the lines really shouldn't be that long to get thru passport control.

We flew last year from FLL both with Pre-Check and 1st Class. The 1st class security line was shorter than the TSA Pre-Check.

But Pre Check moves faster as you do not have to take off your shoes, take out laptops, and 3-1-1 liquids and gels.

If you have self disembark and get off as early as allowed and take a taxi you will make it to FLL in plenty of time. (It would also be of help to you if you have Global Entry - or if you do an app called Mobile Passport.) Though by doing walk-off and not needing to find checked in luggage the lines really shouldn't be that long to get thru passport control.

Global Entry does not help when LEAVING. It is Global ENTRY.

But Global Entry does also give you TSA Pre Check that does help. Although, I have been through MIA in the early morning, and the Pre Check lines were not open.

Global Entry does not help when LEAVING. It is Global ENTRY.

But Global Entry does also give you TSA Pre Check that does help. Although, I have been through MIA in the early morning, and the Pre Check lines were not open.

Global Entry does help when ENTERING the country and Port Everglades!

not true, we normally are TSA pre and also normally fly 1st, different lines, sometimes 1st is quicker sometimes tsa, but tsa you can keep your shoes on
Definitely no. You may have a separate First Class line and get to the checkpoint quicker but you only go through the TSA Pre checkpoint if your boarding pass has TSA Pre on it.

Thanks for clarifying.

I'm sorry I'm no help here. To be honest I haven't got past the first sentence. I can't fathom having an upcoming vacation and keep forgetting about it. Wow. I have looked at my next one almost every day for the past 8 months since I booked it.

We will be disembarking Navigator out of MIA next April 22 - Sunday. Will the new terminal be open at that point in time? Do you think the two of us can walk off early enough to make a 10:05 flight?

Navigator will likely use the normal Terminal G for departure/arrival (new one for Symphony not slated to be finished till fall '18). I seem to remember self disembarking about 7:30 and with no traffic on Sunday you should arrive the airport by 8.

Just to say, we arrived on Allure after a transatlantic (so anticipated longer customs queues plus more passengers owing to size of ship) and it took us maybe 15minutes to self-disembark and another 5 minutes to get a taxi. And the taxi journey was only a few minutes to the airport. We had a later flight than you, so we had a leisurely stroll off the ship around 7am, but I have no doubt if you disembark earlier that you will be there with time to spare. We were so early they didn't want us to check our bags in, that's just to give you an idea! (And then we had to sit at the airport for about 4 hours, and it's not a very impressive airport! Not much to see / do!)

Good luck and enjoy!