BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:21 AM.
803 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
We have stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay and the Hilton Downtown Miami. Great location. They are next to each other. We go with whichever has the best rates. Usually $149 - $219/night for a standard king room, even around the holidays.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Previous Cruises:
Celebrity (14), Oceania (1)
Future Cruises:
January 2019 - 34 day Miami - Buenos Aires aboard Oceania Sirena

February 2020 - 30 day Cape Town - Singapore aboard Oceania Nautica

CA, USA
14,335 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Intercontinental is a good choice. Very close to the port and if you get a hater view you'll be able to see your ship.
New York, NY
958 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Originally posted by wripro
Intercontinental is a good choice. Very close to the port and if you get a hater view you'll be able to see your ship.
Agree ÷1
Point Richmond CA
6,634 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by loulou942
Where do you stay in Miami
Before the cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Intercontinental in Miami or (for the cute Art Deco type property) the Blue Moon in South Beach (Marriott Autograph collection)
Valley Stream, NY, USA
2,258 Posts
Joined Dec 2003
Hi!
Love the Intercontinental! Have stayed there at least 10 times. Great restaurant-Il Gabbiano around the corner from the hotel!
Rhea
Florida
259 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Intercon is great.

I like your "hater" view room. Made me laugh. Oceania should have a Hater Suite.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SS Mariner 2003 2004 2006 2007 2012 2014, SS Voyager 2003 2005 2010 2015, SS Explorer 2016
Oceana Marina 2011, Oceana Rivera 2012
NCL Escape 2015, Pride of America 2018

CCL Paradise 1998, CCL Triumph 2000
RCCL Voyager of the Seas 2000, RCCL Enchantment 2004,
SS Paul Gaugin 2002, HAL Amsterdam 2001, Crystal Harmony 2001
New Hampshire
6,214 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Before the cruise

We prefer South Beach. We've stayed at the Hotel San Juan(much nicer since the remodel)or the "National".
Port Saint Lucie - FL
2,672 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
We stay at home and drive
Even though a Marriott fan -- the Intercon is the best
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

CA, USA
14,335 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Originally posted by commodore2010
Intercon is great.

I like your "hater" view room. Made me laugh. Oceania should have a Hater Suite.
Another autocorrect mishap.
USA
2,858 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Agree with all recommendations for the Intercontinental.

However, call in advance and request a view of the Port area, mentioning the cruise ships, if that's what you want.
That's the big attraction there for us and most others. Convenience to the port is another.
But watching the ships arrive and sail off... fun!

There is also a channel along the shore that often has some smaller boats to watch, including occasional yachts.

Staying there is definitely a good way to get in the "mood" for a cruise (for anyone who arrives in Miami in any other mood, that is....)

GC
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
GeezerCouple

contact us at:

GeezerCouple [at] yahoo [dot] com
Michigan
55 Posts
Joined Jul 2012

👍🏻Another vote for the Intercontinental.
South Beach, Florida
725 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
Before the cruise

Greetings from South Beach, loulou. We live in Miami Beach, a barrier island off the coast of Miami. We are 20 minutes from the Port of Miami. Where you stay depends on what you want to do here. If you stay in the Intercontinental Miami in a front room, you will see your ship at its mooring. If you are up early enough, you will see it arrive. Miami Beach is only a cab ride away, and there are many hotels here. For a slice of modernized history, there is the Fontainebleau Miami Beach. There are many others in every price range, as well. Have fun.
Mary
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Stanley Wertheim
London Ontario
1,236 Posts
Joined May 2005
Earlier this month we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Brickell. It’s in a great area, we walked down to the water, over to the island near the port. Lots of great cafes, bars, & restaurants. We happened to be there on Cinco de Mayo and had great tacos at Coyo Around the corner. Bought some wine and scotch at nearby Publix to take onboard. Short cab ride to the Port.

Mo

GTA, Ontario, Canada
36,518 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
it depends on your budget & if you want a 5* experience or if a 3 * with breakfast included works for you