Golden Princess 15 December 2017.

trishh

Cheers, have a great cruise.

Is the ship really in bad shape, some are saying that everything is broken.

Hi, we were on her in September for 15 nights & we didn't encounter any problems. Yes she is an older ship but very well maintained & still beautiful. Oh & the stuff were awesome.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

Hi, we were on her in September for 15 nights & we didn't encounter any problems. Yes she is an older ship but very well maintained & still beautiful. Oh & the stuff were awesome.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

That is what we like to hear. And no doubt you 'Escaped Completely & You did 'Come Back New.':*:cool:

That is what we like to hear. And no doubt you 'Escaped Completely & You did 'Come Back New.':*:cool:

I sometimes try and do that even when I am on a different line, just doesn't seem to work as well.;p

I have often escaped completely but hardly ever came back new.

Hey, we're currently on board too! We're an extended family group of 14 ranging in age from late 70's to mid teens.

We've had fantastic weather and smooth seas. There were a few bumps the second night, only enough to rattle the hangers in the closet but not enough to cause any problems.

To answer some of the questions, the ship is aging but generally OK. We're on deck 8, starboard side near the rear, and there was a leak in the corridor near our cabin. The carpet still smells, but it's only noticeable in the the corridor.

Movies on muts includes Wonderwoman, Battle of the Sexes, Pirates of the Caribbean (I assume the latest).

Food and staff all great. Coffee card $36 and soda and more $7 per day. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

We're all having a terrific time!

I'll try and answer some more tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Forums mobile app

Trish,

Thanks for offering to answer queries.

Are there any / many padded chairs outside on the promenade deck, or is it just hard bench seats ?

Is the early happy hour working OK ?

Have you heard of much wait time for anytime dining around 6pm ?

Thanks.

I’ll check out the promenade deck seating for you today. There is no happy hour offered at all on the ahip and trust me I would know. Not much waiting time for 6 pm dinner.

Trish

We sail in the Golden in April/May from Singapore to Anchorage. Would love your opinion on which specialty restaurants you prefer. Also, would appreciate any tips for quiet places on board! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry I haven’t tried the restaurants but if you head for the princess theatre during the day it’s nice and quiet.

Nope the ship seems to be in pretty good shape but the food in Horizon Court is terrible!

Trish

Thanks for the feedback. It seems some people are like you and have found hardly any issues while others are determined to find things that are broken so that they can ruin their cruise experience, why I don't know.

Well I do that easy enough.

Its the sea air or ship's laundry that shrinks your clothes, not the Windjammer or the Horizon Court buffets.:hearteyes::')

Thanks to all for their on board reports of GP.

We've also been looking out for happy hour, but sad to have to agree with Trish, there hasn't been one so far.

Promenade deck only has wooden benches. It's not wide enough for loungers. It's still very nice to walk around though, but is unusual in that there are stairs at the front so you go up to emerald deck, walk around the front, then back down on the other side.

We've also been looking out for happy hour, but sad to have to agree with Trish, there hasn't been one so far.

Promenade deck only has wooden benches. It's not wide enough for loungers. It's still very nice to walk around though, but is unusual in that there are stairs at the front so you go up to emerald deck, walk around the front, then back down on the other side.

I think the buy one and buy one for a dollar is not on every ship these days. Probably dependent on alcohol sales and I reckon there would be plenty of booze sales on Golden Princess these days without Princess putting on the BOGO $1.:') Particularly on such cruises GP is doing, like now 6 days Melb- Tas.

On Island Princess out of LA last year, bars were not busy, then they put on the BOGO 3 times a day and suddenly the bars/lounges were busy.:eek:

There are tours to Seal Rocks and the penguin parade tonight. I'm not sure what else is on. Doesn't look like many are getting off. They didn't even bother with tender tickets. We were supposed to tender into Cowes but it looks like they are going to Rhyll instead. I'm not sure why. It's a bit overcast, and cooler than expected, but still all good on board [emoji16]

There are tours to Seal Rocks and the penguin parade tonight. I'm not sure what else is on. Doesn't look like many are getting off. They didn't even bother with tender tickets. We were supposed to tender into Cowes but it looks like they are going to Rhyll instead. I'm not sure why. It's a bit overcast, and cooler than expected, but still all good on board [emoji16]

The Phillip Island shorex are very expensive, so probably the reason why not many pax are leaving the ship today.:confused:

Afternoon everyone,

I'm on board the Golden Princess now so please let me know if you have anything you want me to check out, or if you have any questions. I probably won't be able to post pictures of the patter while I'm on board but can do that when I get home if anyone wants to see them.

Trish

Do they still sell the Princess Cruises Captain Teddy Bear-I have guesstimated around AUD$20?

Is Stanley the Stowaway Bear aboard-I have an AUD$ price through my Cruise Personaliser for October 2018?

Are any of Stanley's other outfits for sale, and a rough price please?

Many thanks for your help. I'm trying to calculate what amount I need to put into On Board Credit, so as much as possible is pre-paid. Taxi fares for me, are the big variable.

Do enjoy your cruise.